Collapse

Green Speeds at Courses

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUCCI Putters View Post

No sure how measuring green speed is telling you how to do your job? Not looking to start problems. The thread had to do with green speeds, and I was going to provide them. That is all.

Enough already. I will stop posting.
    Please don't give in to bullies trying to stop you from talking about this...please.

I'm sorry you had to deal with comments like that. I for one was looking forward to the findings of some public tracks (private tracks have no problems telling everyone their stimps). In the past I have always found the greens at Dragons fire very slow. Enough so that I don't play there anymore. On the other hand, I usually find the greens at Tangle Creek to have a smooth, quick speed. Wish I was able to put a 'number' on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post

Please don't give in to bullies trying to stop you from talking about this...please.

I'm sorry you had to deal with comments like that. I for one was looking forward to the findings of some public tracks (private tracks have no problems telling everyone their stimps). In the past I have always found the greens at Dragons fire very slow. Enough so that I don't play there anymore. On the other hand, I usually find the greens at Tangle Creek to have a smooth, quick speed. Wish I was able to put a 'number' on it.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCCI Putters View Post

No sure how measuring green speed is telling you how to do your job? Not looking to start problems. The thread had to do with green speeds, and I was going to provide them. That is all.

Enough already. I will stop posting.
        Don't stop posting, please continue giving us your information. I find it fascinating & informative.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
          I believe it was last year that Nick Starbuck posted very few GTA courses register faster than 9 on the Stimp.
          Who?

I have a stimp device in my bag and have measured random greens and random times. The speed at 830am is different from 11 and different from 5 in the same flat spot on the same green.
          Some green committees mandate a stimp speed between 10 and 10.5 at local private clubs and some great courses have to keep the stimp lower because of the nature of the slopes on their greens. You can’t have fast and sloped. Public courses will be around 9, maybe 10 for high end ones. Cherry H in Niagara continues to be the fastest I’ve measured (minimal slope), and they sometimes post it at the starters box!

Comment

My apology Starchuk. Too much caffeine. LOL
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Lets get back on topic.

Cardinal West - Medium quick, bumpy in a few spots but that may be lack of divots fixed.

Cardinal East - Fast and smooth.

Bond Head South - Fast and Slick, I couldn't read these greens it was insane.

Playing Glen Eagle next and then a few in Barrie area next week.
              Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
              3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
              3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
              Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
              Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
              Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
              TP5X 2024
              Ghost Katana

Comment

Also BUCCI Putters don't stop posting, we need more members and I need a local putter maker for my addiction
                Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                TP5X 2024
                Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

What are they now?

I usually chuckle when somebody says "the greens were running about 12".
                  Any slight downhill that just runs away after the slightest tap is a 13 in my book. I don't care if your stimpmeter says 10.4 . Honestly I don't use a stimpmeter but just hit putts. I would be interested to hear what Lowville greens actually measure at though because as I said in my post about it, they are wonderfully maintained, smooth, greens that are uncomfortably fast on some slopes. There was just one putt on the short par3 8th that I thought was 'unfair' if you were above the hole placed on a false front on the right side, but that's just me whining (I managed to par it but I was under the hole. My partners were not so lucky.)

Played Scenic Woods twice on Friday, they were rolling average speed and in pretty good shape. Def felt slow coming off Lowville on Wednesday but I say average bc they were right in my comfort zone plus they aren't nearly as undulating.

Comment

Our greens today were definitely a problem if you were in the wrong spot

Comment

Having someone actually going around and posting what the Stimp speeds are at various courses is to be commended.

Having some random person whose playing and putting ability is unknown tell us that this course is slow and this course is fast is meaningless. We have no way to determine if a player is a good putter or green reader, so such a post becomes completely subjective. Stimp readings if done properly are objective. It is part of the design of the device.

On the other hand, posting about course and green conditions should also be encouraged. While this is also subjective, telling us that a course had bumpy greens or brown spots or was too wet or dried out, is good information.

Comment

Grand Niagara- fast and smooth

Comment

Silver Lakes was in excellent shape, greens were great/pretty quick even after the downpours of rain.. Will go back.. With bug spray
                          M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                          M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                          Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                          Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                          TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
                            Having someone actually going around and posting what the Stimp speeds are at various courses is to be commended.

Having some random person whose playing and putting ability is unknown tell us that this course is slow and this course is fast is meaningless. We have no way to determine if a player is a good putter or green reader, so such a post becomes completely subjective. Stimp readings if done properly are objective. It is part of the design of the device.

On the other hand, posting about course and green conditions should also be encouraged. While this is also subjective, telling us that a course had bumpy greens or brown spots or was too wet or dried out, is good information.
                            this!!!

BUCCI Putters please don't stop posting because of few selfish retards your information is appreciated by many!!!

Comment

You know the selfish regards are the ones that prepare the course for you everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post

this!!!

BUCCI Putters please don't stop posting because of few selfish retards your information is appreciated by many!!!
                                surette23 get a load of this guy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X