• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rumoured Costco Kirkland Signature 4-piece balls

Very intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
      Assuming $40-$45 price point for a double dozen in Canada actually puts it in line with the used premium ball market.
      It's not a used premium ball?
      Epic 10.5 - Elements
      Epic 3 wood - Elements
      Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
      King MB - Recoil Prototype
      Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
      Lamb Allendale
      https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Originally posted by pix40 View Post
        It's not a used premium ball?
        He did not say it was a used premium ball, he said the price was similar to that type of ball.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I am afraid the big OEMs will not just sit and watch, I would think they would just go out and buy out the manufacturer and shut this operation down.

The price difference is insane, how can any OEM compete with a 15$ a dozen.

This is practically a declaration of war.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
            He did not say it was a used premium ball, he said the price was similar to that type of ball.
            That's what I meant and now I'm wondering what type of impact this ball will have on that secondary market. If the ball is that good and you like it, what's the point of buying used? It's worth having the membership just to buy the balls!

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum View Post
            I am afraid the big OEMs will not just sit and watch, I would think they would just go out and buy out the manufacturer and shut this operation down.

Oh I'm thinking the OEM's can compete but their margins just won't be the same. It helps Costco that they don't have the cost of marketing, giving away balls to pros or even ongoing cost of R&D to pass onto the customer. Also, Costco makes most of their money in membership renewal so they can afford to make their golf ball money on volume.
            Last edited by parskiandhutch; Oct 28, 2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

getting 2 doz. New Kirkland in a box, for the same price as 2 doz. recycled ProV in a bag, makes for a huge visual difference under the tree.
              My Dil is a Costco member I'll just forward her "my Santa needs" list.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Comment

Damn, I am gonna grab 4doz when they hit the Canadian stores.

Comment

I'm gonna get my sister (who's a costco member) or my cousin (who works in internal Cosco security) to get me a box the minute they hit their loading docks in Vancouver.

Comment

Probably the price of the majors not selling to Costco. Costco says FU and finds a way. It is what they do.

I have 4 doz. of them in my house now. Gamed one on the back 9 yesterday. No complaints at all. I think it is a very good ball and a very good price.

Comment

I will be at the Costco in Palm Desert in 3 weeks to buy a shopping cart full of wine. Might as well pick up a couple dozen.

Comment

If the manufacturer in South Korea gets bought and shut down, there will be another one that will take its place. I don't think its gonna happen. Titleist and other big guys might have to come down on their prices if the Costco balls becomes a real big problem for them.

Comment

I could see the major mfgs going down the patent infringement route should sales of this ball take off

Comment

Nassau golf in South Korea is main factory of Taylormade balls from 2005 and built a factory for only Taylormade in 2009. Also first company making 5 piece ball, Penta TP. The company was established in 1969 and have lots of own patents , that is the one of the reasons Taylormade asking making the balls.
                              Last edited by duceram; Oct 30, 2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                                I could see the major mfgs going down the patent infringement route should sales of this ball take off
                                I highly doubt it..the ball manufacturer in South Korea has been around for decades making balls despite the big OEMs furiously protecting its patents. Most likely they are using technology using patents that are already expired or techniques that are public domain. Very similar to a generic drug manufacturer.
                                Last edited by cgasucks; Oct 30, 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X