No announcement yet.
Collapse

Staying on the TRAILING SIDE ???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... yet this is how the best in the world play and what the best instructors are teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
      ... yet this is how the best in the world play and what the best instructors are teaching.
      Can you link us to one of the best instructors showing this?

Comment

We are fortunate to have some very talented instructors nearby.

Larry Cheung is in east Toronto. Larry has some very good instructional videos available for free on youtube.

I live in Burlington and I have started working with Nick Starchuk who also lives in Burlington. Nick and I are working on increasing my clubhead speed. We are doing this by increasing my body extension through impact to get the handle travelling more upwards which will in essence whip the clubhead into the ball faster. (Parametric acceleration, my words not Nicks)

Comment

We are fortunate to have some very talented instructors nearby.

Larry Cheung is in east Toronto. Larry has some very good instructional videos available for free on youtube.

I live in Burlington and I have started working with Nick Starchuk who also lives in Burlington. Nick and I are working on increasing my clubhead speed. We are doing this by increasing my body extension through impact to get the handle travelling more upwards which will in essence whip the clubhead into the ball faster. (Parametric acceleration, my words not Nicks)
          your description is what I had trouble envisioning.....this body angle in yellow seems to be the goal with PA....the hands/handle travelling upwards is a difficult image to reconcile

Click image for larger version

Name:	parametric.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	713.1 KB
ID:	3111041

Comment

At address our legs have some bend and our left shoulder is a little higher than our right shoulder.

Contrast this to each of your impact examples, both legs have straightened, especially the left leg and look at how high the left shoulder is. As the left side extends up this raises the hands. This hand raising then speeds up the release of the clubhead into the ball.

If you were to track the hand path it would mirror the upward path the left shoulder has taken.

I don't necessarily like the yellow lines. They are potentially misleading and I don't think that is the goal. I think it is more a matter of the right leg has to kick in order to get weight and pressure shifted left. Though I would add, with a driver, many of the players increase this whipping action by having their head move back away from the target. This also helps encourages an upward launch angle. With irons this backwards move is often not as pronounced and not as common.

One of the he best examples of a golf swing that generates speed is illustrated by Jamie Zadlowski. His swing is characterized by lots of rotation, very little lateral movement, excellent use of vertical ground forces and left side vertical extension.

Comment

At address our legs have some bend and our left shoulder is a little higher than our right shoulder.

Contrast this to each of your impact examples, both legs have straightened, especially the left leg and look at how high the left shoulder is. As the left side extends up this raises the hands.This hand raising then speeds up the release of the clubhead into the ball.

If you were to track the hand path it would mirror the upward path the left shoulder has taken.

I don't necessarily like the yellow lines. They are potentially misleading and I don't think that is the goal. I think it is more a matter of the right leg has to kick in order to get weight and pressure shifted left. Though I would add, with a driver, many of the players increase this whipping action by having their head move back away from the target. This also helps encourages an upward launch angle. With irons this backwards move is often not as pronounced and not as common.

One of the he best examples of a golf swing that generates speed is illustrated by Jamie Zadlowski. His swing is characterized by lots of rotation, very little lateral movement, excellent use of vertical ground forces and left side vertical extension.
              .This hand raising......I don't see this swing thought as a good image...it doesn't seem to match what Zach Allen is doing in his PA sequence...address to impact...his hands have not raised

Click image for larger version

Name:	parametriczack1.PNG
Views:	188
Size:	806.2 KB
ID:	3111099

Comment

... this is a move shared by most of the "long" hitters. People like Tiger, Dustin, Justin, Bubba and Rory. (and Jamie)

For purposes of this discussion the address position is meaningless. What is important is the path the left shoulder (and thus the hands) takes on the downswing.

The swing sequence would be something like:

At the top of the backswing left shoulder is down, then the player sinks even lower as they squat back to center. So left shoulder goes even lower before shoulder rotation and side bend happens which will dramatically raise the left shoulder (and hands) upwards and then finally club is released.

Here is a review done on Mathew Wolfe's swing. The hand motion is illustrated and described in detail at the 22 minute mark on.

An in depth analysis of Matthew (Matt) Wolff, winner of the 3M Open, golf swing, taking a look at what makes it unique/strange and what makes it work so well...

Comment

George Gankas is Mathew Wolfe's instructor. George also recently worked with Danny Lee on all of this. Here is a video with Shawn Clement describing how George was able to significantly speed up Danny's swing using these concepts.

Golf tips • instruction • lessons • http://www.wisdomingolf.com | http://wisdomingolfpremium.comhttp://www.rbc.comHttp://www.royalquebec.com Great analysis b...

Comment

... this is a move shared by most of the "long" hitters. People like Tiger, Dustin, Justin, Bubba and Rory. (and Jamie)

For purposes of this discussion the address position is meaningless. What is important is the path the left shoulder (and thus the hands) takes on the downswing.

The swing sequence would be something like:

At the top of the backswing left shoulder is down, then the player sinks even lower as they squat back to center. So left shoulder goes even lower before shoulder rotation and side bend happens which will dramatically raise the left shoulder (and hands) upwards and then finally club is released.

Here is a review done on Mathew Wolfe's swing. The hand motion is illustrated and described in detail at the 22 minute mark on.

An in depth analysis of Matthew (Matt) Wolff, winner of the 3M Open, golf swing, taking a look at what makes it unique/strange and what makes it work so well...

Frankly this video is almost a parody of what is wrong with golf instruction...at the 22:45 mark begins the Matt Wolfe swing analysis...aside from PA there are other cool terms used like-water skier effect...lead wrist flexion and extension aka-SSC-stretch shortened cycle....squat and thrust....GP-ground pressure..The kicker is the analyst guy when finished says-"don't go out and try this,it won't go well".........I want instruction that does go well
                    Last edited by par345; Mar 3, 2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Veryold... try following Mike Bender on instagram. Look through his instructional videos there as I think the average golfer can relate to them and they are repeatable at home
                      Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                      3W - Taylormade M4
                      5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                      4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                      Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                      Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                      Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by par345 View Post

Frankly this video is almost a parody of what is wrong with golf instruction...at the 22:45 mark begins the Matt Wolfe swing analysis...aside from PA there are other cool terms used like-water skier effect...lead wrist flexion and extension aka-SSC-stretch shortened cycle....squat and thrust....GP-ground pressure..The kicker is the analyst guy when finished says-"don't go out and try this,it won't go well".........I want instruction that does go well
                        LOL, U made my day.
                        But few times I "dared" to say something funny, God forbid "CRITICAL" along similar lines, be it on "instruction" and/or "fitting" sides of the topics on these forums, I was repeatedly ridiculed and even insulted, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by hammy1983 View Post
                          Veryold... try following Mike Bender on instagram. Look through his instructional videos there as I think the average golfer can relate to them and they are repeatable at home
                          Hey, THANKS for this link and suggestion - Will definitely visit that and watch.
                          Again much appreciated and thanked

Comment

George Gankas is Mathew Wolfe's instructor. George also recently worked with Danny Lee on all of this. Here is a video with Shawn Clement describing how George was able to significantly speed up Danny's swing using these concepts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfFLueXdQE
                            thank you. excellent analysis and breakdown.
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Matt Wolff, as a youngster, was totally into BASEBALL and actually wanted to become a baseball pro, but for whatever reason turned to GOLF, but has kept his "BASEBALL SWING" and adopted it to golf.
                              Obviously NOTHING WRONG with that, everybody has to find their own method, somehow

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfFLueXdQE
                                yep ok Shawn...just for the record Danny suffered a ligament injury in 2016( trouble getting out of bed) and was going to quit golf....he is now 27th in distance not 7th...

...regarding distance on tour....top 3 at 320yds+ are 5'8"-5'11"....160lb-175lb and all from the UK part of the world.
                                Last edited by par345; Mar 3, 2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X