X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How far do you hit your 7 iron?

Originally posted by nearace View Post
    3 wood or driver for me
    Oh yeah!! I remember that long par 3 at Kedron! I've never seen anyone hit that into the green that close, screw my iron shots! Howie is it back to ice fishing for you? Maybe we can go back to Mill Run next spring and get our revenge!
    Cobra King F7
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
    Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
    Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
      CJ might be getting membership there too, I might join you guys on some occasions.
      Haha.. CJ should do it. I did it but not quite sure about it anymore. Then again, after many practice sessions, I might like it a lot more.
      ---
      Driver: Taylormade R7 SuperQuad 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 Stiff
      3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 15*
      Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3-19*
      Irons: Taylormade 300 forged 3-PW
      Wedges: Taylormade RAC TP 52, 56, 60
      Putter: 33" Scotty Red X2
      Ball: Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1

Comment

2. I got my swing speed on GT sims years ago, let's see that's 2 years ago and after that I don't trust sim numbers. Go back and check if I ever stated that it says I hit 200 yards with a 7 on a GT sim. All I ever said was the SS that was clocked on the old GT sims

3. Thanks for the concern but I don't play nor practice like the Tour Pro to have my irons bent like that easily. I still have my first set of clone wedges, sorry I'm not a pro like you who practices and plays a lot, so I'm pretty sure the iron heads are not bent. I've only been playing these new heads for 2 years (current) and I have back up heads as well. Thanks though
        Again I don't practice, I have played under 30 rounds and Im a 3 but thats fine....If you have been using the same forged irons for 2 years that is more than enough time to have the lofts and lies out of wack so my friendly suggestion is to have them checked.
        Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
        Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
        Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
        Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
        Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
        L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
          I actually didn't even think the lofts could be off because of practicing but thats really interesting.

@Nino: I'll be spending a lot of time this off season at the dome in Markham. Its a pretty poor practice facility but I'm committed to getting the back swing shorter and getting less stuck on the way down.

I had to have my soft forged Mizunos checked at least once during the year...so If you play soft forged irons I would have them checked because it doesn't take long

Comment

Originally posted by Borbor View Post
            Why is it so inconceivable for someone to hit their 7 iron 200 yards?

Is it because you can't do it? Or is it because the pros don't do it?

WTF is the problem here?

Listen I hit 7 iron on a 215 yard par 3 the other day so I don't dispute that it can be done. My issue is that his stock 7 iron is 200 carry. My idea of a stock shot is about 80-85% and I do not buy that whatsoever.

In all honesty I don't care what he does but this is a forum for conversation and I'm conversing.

Comment

7 iron is the new driver. I don't think it's his irons, cause i was hitting his 7 and only put them out about 140

"The More I practice, the luckier I get" - Gary Player

910D2
              909H 15*
              AP2 710 3-5i
              710mb 6-PW
              BV 52*/4 56*/4
              All kinds of putters

http://instagram.com/normster

Comment

Originally posted by sLuGo View Post
                7 iron is the new driver. I don't think it's his irons, cause i was hitting his 7 and only put them out about 140
                Don't be so modest John
                Cobra King F7
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Oh yeah!! I remember that long par 3 at Kedron! I've never seen anyone hit that into the green that close, screw my iron shots! Howie is it back to ice fishing for you? Maybe we can go back to Mill Run next spring and get our revenge!
                  getting ready for the cold water season,fished on friday at 10pm very cold in the boat but it was the last day of the season,i want to go back to mill run i need to redeem myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
                    getting ready for the cold water season,fished on friday at 10pm very cold in the boat but it was the last day of the season,i want to go back to mill run i need to redeem myself.
                    Sounds great! We have a couple of months before our revenge on Mill Run Happy Ice Fishing
                    Cobra King F7
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

I'm around 150 now but I deloft the club.

Also what effects distance I find is the type of ball you use, more spin usually = less distance.

Comment

It's my 190-200 yard club, I'm pretty i'll be called BS with these yardages, but I'd rather have them play with me instead. I'm pretty sure Albatross is 20 yards longer on my yardage! haha
                        Wow!! these are serious numbers... just amazing!!! never seen such numbers from anyone. At this length, you'll be hitting 3i and wedges all day long for any courses in the GTA. I am in awe....

9i ~ 170
                        8i ~ 185
                        7i ~ 200
                        6i ~ 215
                        5i ~ 230
                        4i ~ 240
                        3i ~ 250

Comment

Pretty big numbers. Some will be saying BS but I know guys that are around there. Not many as obviously not your average numbers.

I hit 7 iron about 140 with about 10-12 yard gap between clubs.

Got down to a 5 handicap a few years ago whilst not hiiting my irons huge distances. I was sometimes taking 2 clubs more than an 18 or 20 handicapper. I was consistently hitting greens though.

The point is know your yardages, hit these yardages consistently and your scores will dramatically improve

Comment

Every week through the winter my 7I seems to go a little further in my memory.

By April it should be about 370 yards.

Comment

170 would be my stock 7 iron.

However, I have had days at the range in 30 degree C weather where I could carry it 195-200 so I believe that it is certainly possible.

I imagine it would all depend on swing speed, loft/deloft and timing.

Comment

My 9 is 160 if I'm going to hit 170 i'll switch to an 8, I don't go all out on my swing if you see it. I have a short backswing and no wrist-cock on the top. And I don't carry a 3iron, I used to but why make it hard for myself hence the hybrid and woods I added on my bag.

You should go out next summer with a couple of TGNers I play with and you'll be suprised that there are a lot of nuts here who can hit it way further than me. It's just a yardage, golf is not about how long you hit it.

Originally posted by mizumon View Post
                                Wow!! these are serious numbers... just amazing!!! never seen such numbers from anyone. At this length, you'll be hitting 3i and wedges all day long for any courses in the GTA. I am in awe....

9i ~ 170
                                8i ~ 185
                                7i ~ 200
                                6i ~ 215
                                5i ~ 230
                                4i ~ 240
                                3i ~ 250
                                Cobra King F7
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*