How far do you hit your 7 iron?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far do you hit your 7 iron?

Originally posted by oNe16tH View Post
    I call BS BIG TIME....unless you have very very strong lofts or are talking about total yardage. If not you must hit your driver 300+ in the air as well.

LOL I knew i'm gonna get these, i have no idea what the lofts on my irons are, I just got them straight from a club maker (I got Bang Tour Blades heads).

I wish I can hit my driver again! haha I usually use my 5 iron or 3 hybrid (19*) lately, I got a lot of work to do.
    Cobra King F7
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
    Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
    Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
    Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by the_har View Post
      don't get hung up on distance.
      Think accuracy instead.

Totally agree! I got no full swings anymore unless it's just for fun. I'd rather use a club up and hit a relaxed swing where my mistakes are minimal.
      Cobra King F7
      Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
      Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
      Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross View Post
        ha ha ha ha ha ha........love these threads

Now I know why you never answer this threads! hahaha How's that shoulder doing? Is it all healed up?
        Cobra King F7
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
        Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
        Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
          LOL I knew I'm gonna get these soon! haha I can hit my PW at 150 do the math, if you guys think those yardages are BS, watch Albatross hit the ball!

I should be the one laughing....So your saying that you hit your 7 iron right up there with Angel Cabrera who is one of the longest hitters on the PGA Tour. So you are 120MPH+ with the driver right...simply amazing. Listen maybe you are that long but you are seriously delofting at impact or just flat out swing balls out.

I can hit it out there and 185-190 for me is a 6

Ping G430lst 9 Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
          Titleist TSI2 15 Tensei Pro Orange 80tx
          Titleist TSI2 20.25 Tensei Pro Orange 90tx
          Titleist T100s KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
          Titleist SM8 KBS Tour V 125 Tour Spec
          L.A.B Golf Directed Force 2.1

Comment

I should be the one laughing....So your saying that you hit your 7 iron right up there with Angel Cabrera who is one of the longest hitters on the PGA Tour. So you are 120MPH+ with the driver right...simply amazing.

It seems you went out of you way to get these stats just for this, I'll say this to you Angel Cabrera's SW is the same as mine but I have a weaker loft (56*), and my driver swing speed was clocked at 114-116. That was when I was hitting it properly.

Look, you can believe the stats all you want but all I know is if i'm facing a 190 - 200 yard shots I'll grab a 7, be it short or long. OP asked for everyone's 7 Iron yardages, I posted mine. If you don't believe it then good for you, no one's forcing you to believe my stats, i've said several times, if you think my yardages are BS, wait till you see some of the nuts here who can get it way out there.

Whatever you believe, you are right! Thank you sir
            Cobra King F7
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
            Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

LOL I knew I'm gonna get these soon! haha I can hit my PW at 150 do the math, if you guys think those yardages are BS, watch Albatross hit the ball!
              Yeah I agree. I was in the foursome the day that Albatross had an ace on a par 3 at Kings Forest. If memory serves me correct I think it was somewhere in the vicinity of 180 yards with his 8 iron. It was a few years ago. The only reason I remember cause its the only ace I ever witnessed.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman View Post
                Yeah I agree. I was in the foursome the day that Albatross had an ace on a par 3 at Kings Forest. If memory serves me correct I think it was somewhere in the vicinity of 180 yards with his 8 iron. It was a few years ago. The only reason I remember cause its the only ace I ever witnessed.
                And people doesn't believe me! lol Must be a really nice ace! Wish I'd seen that! Well me and Albatross kinda had duel, it was like 2-3 years ago, winter time. We showed up on a TGN Winter get together event at Tee Times (Vaughn), there was a long drive competition and you're allowed 2 chances to hit. My first one was a mishit but it rolled to 260 then my 2nd went to 298, and here comes Albatross! Freaking 320 yards! hahaha but it went out of the grid in like 5-10 yards (Correct me if I'm wrong) but yeah, he's a monster alright!
                Cobra King F7
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman View Post

Did he bought drinks to everyone btw?
                  Cobra King F7
                  Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                  Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                  Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

I should be the one laughing....So your saying that you hit your 7 iron right up there with Angel Cabrera who is one of the longest hitters on the PGA Tour. So you are 120MPH+ with the driver right...simply amazing. Listen maybe you are that long but you are seriously delofting at impact or just flat out swing balls out.

I can hit it out there and 185-190 for me is a 6

I guarantee you Cabrera can hit 7 iron much longer than 185. Pro only posts the yardage from their controlled swing, normally 70-80% shot. Tiger once posted his driver carry 295 and we know how far he can hit if he juice it up.

I bet some of people on this board with raw speed and deloft 7i to 5i can hit over 200. But I would not bet that should be the distance this thread is discussing about. it is not a long drive contest of 7i. 7i is not designed to do that.
                    Taylormade R510 TP
                    Ping i20 3w, 5w, 4h
                    Ping i20 5-w
                    Ping Tour Gorge 50/54/58ss
                    Ping Specify Anser
                    Pro-V1

Comment

Originally posted by hitblade007 View Post
                      I guarantee you Cabrera can hit 7 iron much longer than 185. Pro only posts the yardage from their controlled swing, normally 70-80% shot. Tiger once posted his driver carry 295 and we know how far he can hit if he juice it up.

I bet some of people on this board with raw speed and deloft 7i to 5i can hit over 200. But I would not bet that should be the distance this thread is discussing about. it is not a long drive contest of 7i. 7i is not designed to do that.
                      Without a doubt but those are stock distances for Cabrera and I believe that his post is that he pulls 7 anytime he has 190 to 200 so by that its a stock shot.

Comment

It seems you went out of you way to get these stats just for this, I'll say this to you Angel Cabrera's SW is the same as mine but I have a weaker loft (56*), and my driver swing speed was clocked at 114-116. That was when I was hitting it properly.

Look, you can believe the stats all you want but all I know is if i'm facing a 190 - 200 yard shots I'll grab a 7, be it short or long. OP asked for everyone's 7 Iron yardages, I posted mine. If you don't believe it then good for you, no one's forcing you to believe my stats, i've said several times, if you think my yardages are BS, wait till you see some of the nuts here who can get it way out there.

Whatever you believe, you are right! Thank you sir

Im just sayin you must carry it close to 300 with the driver as well

Some on the site can attest that I can "get it out there" myself but thats beside the point. Maybe I'll see you at a TGN event and see this stock 200 yard carry 7 iron in person.

Comment

Did he bought drinks to everyone btw?

Yes he did, but I don't drink alcohol so he got off cheap with me. I think I had a gatorade. Oh plus the foursome ahead of us saw it I think so that might have cost him.

Comment

Without a doubt but those are stock distances for Cabrera and I believe that his post is that he pulls 7 anytime he has 190 to 200 so by that its a stock shot.
                            imAnewbie pulls 7 iron for his 190 yard shots. I've seen it first hand and its not BS by any stretch. He can't hit his driver by his own admission and has no confidence in it whatsoever. Though it doesn't hurt him much because his 3-wood easily flies 270 with no wind around.
                            ---
                            Driver: Taylormade R7 SuperQuad 10.5* Oban Devotion 6 Stiff
                            3-Wood: Taylormade V-Steel 15*
                            Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3-19*
                            Irons: Taylormade 300 forged 3-PW
                            Wedges: Taylormade RAC TP 52, 56, 60
                            Putter: 33" Scotty Red X2
                            Ball: Bridgestone B330s, Pro V1

Comment

Im just sayin you must carry it close to 300 with the driver as well

Some on the site can attest that I can "get it out there" myself but thats beside the point. Maybe I'll see you at a TGN event and see this stock 200 yard carry 7 iron in person.

No worries, I'd say I come close to the 300s with the driver (that is if I can hit it properly again). I believe some of the nuts here can really "get it out there", yes that would be more appropriate if we can be on the same flight if I'm good to go on the next TGN event. If that happens, I hope Albatross will be on the same flight so you get to see a 220 7 iron?
                              Cobra King F7
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                              Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                                imAnewbie pulls 7 iron for his 190 yard shots. I've seen it first hand and its not BS by any stretch. He can't hit his driver by his own admission and has no confidence in it whatsoever. Though it doesn't hurt him much because his 3-wood easily flies 270 with no wind around.

Mo don't start things again again! hahaha How's the new setup for the driver? I haven't talked to Lionel, let's hit RH again hopefully those darn bunkers wont be hard as concrete this time!

*Make sure you dont go fasting next time we go out!
                                Cobra King F7
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                                Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse