Handicaps and Tournament Scores

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Handicaps and Tournament Scores

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
    What if the club competition is match play? Or is the system set up to only use stroke play competitive scores?
    the software just records the margin of victory. it does not record indivdual scores for matchplay.

masterscoreboard.co.uk is the site our results are published on. search for galashiels and you can see what it is like.
    http://www.galagolfclub.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by abz-pete View Post
      In Scotland, most players are members of clubs (public or private) and have the opportunity to play Medals or Stablefords every week, therefore it's easy to have a handicap based on competitive rounds only. All scores are attested and cards handed in, so the vast majority of players have accurate handicaps.

In Ontario, the choice is either "pay as you play" or relatively expensive private club golf. Neither option gives you the chance to play competitive golf regularly. The handicap system is open to abuse (therefore more talk of sandbagging) but overall, works reasonably well.
      100%

culture is different - ours lends itself much more to fairer handicapping. Your handicap system is based around your culture of golf - but i still don't think that match play scores should contribute to your handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by stevedimebag View Post
        100%

culture is different - ours lends itself much more to fairer handicapping. Your handicap system is based around your culture of golf - but i still don't think that match play scores should contribute to your handicap.
        However, our handicapping authorities have stated otherwise, and therefore we must use match play scores for our handicaps (regardless of what you think we should do).

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post
          However, our handicapping authorities have stated otherwise, and therefore we must use match play scores for our handicaps (regardless of what you think we should do).
          Yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by stevedimebag View Post
            100%

I agree with you, I don't believe you can play stroke-play and match-play in the same round. I still have a Scottish handicap but no longer maintain a Canadian one.

In fact, as proof that the Canadian system works quite well, there was rarely more than one stroke difference between my Scottish/Canadian handicaps.
            Pete
            Titleist Driver 910D3
            Titleist 915F 15
            Titleist 915H 18
            Titleist AP2 (4 - PW)
            Titleist Vokey 52 & 56
            Scotty Newport 2

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard