Collapse

Mixed Winter Match Play

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed Winter Match Play

I have been assigned to coordinate a mixed (Ladies and Men) Match Play event at our club. Anything I should be aware of rules wise other than the obvious?

You might want to read the handicap system manual, about how handicap strokes are assigned when opponents play from different tee boxes, a woman plays against a man, etc.

Comment

I have and on our course its 2 strokes for the ladies when they play from the assigned tees and 6 strokes when they both play from the white tees. My research turned the genesis of this up as the Standard Stroke Index from, I think it was the R & A or the Australian Golf Association. I am looking for any outliers. I will be posting the relevant portions of the handicap manual adjacent to the competition ladder but what I don't want is someone like a professional or senior member clouding the issue with the wrong information. Am I just trying to anticipate too much?

Comment

I think this is what you are after. But why Australia? You appear to be in Canada

http://www.golf.org.au/site/_content...318-source.pdf

For Canada see Section 3-5 of this

Last edited by aaagc; Oct 10, 2017, 02:32 PM.
        Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
        - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

I am but we want this attempt at mixed events to go well so I wanted to be ready for any curveballs. I googled mixed match play after reading the handicap manual you appended "just in case" and got the SSI. As well, our handicaps get frozen around 1-15 November for winter rules so I am looking for any curveballs there. We are a year round golf club but we were snowed out for a couple of months last year. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks aaagc for that appendage from Aussie. There is a mention where some clubs in Australia do not allow women to play against the men (or am I reading too much into it). Having spent time in Aussie back in the early 90s, it doesn't surprise me. I have been told by some of the guys I regularly play with that they refuse to play with women. I guess it's still the dark ages in some regards.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X