Collapse

probably going to get a warning for this one or hate email

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probably going to get a warning for this one or hate email

Well I hope the owners are reading this post.
    Lots of good suggestions in how to load pics, thanks all.
    So lots of debate of the need for pics.
    Although I agree with several points on the 'for pics and against lics' side
    The reality is pictures sell period and if or the men ever that say we can just inspect the item upon meeting, well I say what about the member that lives in Ottawa or Barrie or in future potential growth BC are you going to meet that member in person?
    Of course not. So although it's great to meet members to swap items it's not always possible or feasible...and that is the future of this site, if we call all get past the mindset that this site is local only site. It is that, but it so much more and can be so much more.
    Devlin

Comment

Originally posted by mstram
      Like being too lazy to capitalize a sentence ?
      someone pee in your coffee?
      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
          someone pee in your coffee?
          :-) ...now that was funny!
          and yes, I do have a tendency to just leave sentences unfinished...
          Devlin

Comment

Then I'm an idiot too.. I had to write in to the mods here to figure it out and I'm a professional photographer! You'd think I'd know how to upload a photo

Originally posted by 73monte View Post
            At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I've never been able to upload pictures on TGN.

Go ahead an criticize me all you want, then after you're done, can someone post a step by step for dummies, (me), on how it's done.
            Golf, eat, sleep, work and re-peat

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
              it's dead simple.

copy the youtube link.
              click the youtube button.
              Paste the link in between the 2 youtube tags
              remove the part that says https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
              so you are just left with this qGuaxHXpk8Q in between the two tags
              Now ya tell me. Thanks. Appreciated.

Comment

not sure how people comment that it's difficult to post photos here. that being said, had issues with file sizes on Kijiji so i started to resize my higher resolution photos here... http://www.picresize.com/. No issues now... Can post many photos here. I also use photobucket and provide a link to all of my detailed photos.

I personally think photos should be mandatory when posting in the BST but I know things won't change here on TGB based on this being brought up many times. I just try to work within the parameters here and use the resizing tool when posting. It's a good site but could be way better.

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
                  not sure how people comment that it's difficult to post photos here. that being said, had issues with file sizes on Kijiji so i started to resize my higher resolution photos here... http://www.picresize.com/. No issues now... Can post many photos here. I also use photobucket and provide a link to all of my detailed photos.

I personally think photos should be mandatory when posting in the BST but I know things won't change here on TGB based on this being brought up many times. I just try to work within the parameters here and use the resizing tool when posting. It's a good site but could be way better.
                  Do we really need a rule? To see what exactly? A picture of a driver leaning up against a wall from five feet away? How about this as a rule. If you don't want to buy from a poster that doesn't post pictures in the ad, and you don't want to ask for pictures (even if offered in the ad) then DON'T BUY from that poster. Move along to other ads that suit you.
                  While I am a lefty and donate my defective equipment (Ok, perhaps the operator is the problem) to my younger son, I'm not going through the hassle of posting pic's for small money items. I'd describe the item honestly, send pic's via email, including meeting specific pic requests, arrange to deliver/meet somewhere in the GTA and no cash changes hands until you say "yep, this is good".

That's exactly how I've bought clubs on this site. Really don't see a problem with it. So I don't think we need a rule. You can create your own rule and follow it.

Comment

with the Win Paint program you can reduce MB photo to up-loadable KB size.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

An accurate item description is all that's needed for equipment, however clothing, shoes, etc is another story.

Comment

I won't buy anything without seeing a pic first so I would prefer ads all have them, but as long as the poster is responsive when asked for pics then I can see what I need to.
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

A photo is nice but should not be mandatory. I think pics improve the response rate, so those not posting a digital might be missing a few inquiries ... their loss.
                          Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                          Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                          Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

If someone gives enough detail, and I'm confident in the condition after some communication, then I don't require any photos. Particularly if the item is in mint condition, and his feedback rating is high.
                            Bridgestone J715 10.5
                            Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                            Adams Super LS 17d.
                            Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                            Scratch 8620 53d.
                            Callaway X-forged 58d.
                            Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                            Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                              Do we really need a rule? To see what exactly? A picture of a driver leaning up against a wall from five feet away? How about this as a rule. If you don't want to buy from a poster that doesn't post pictures in the ad, and you don't want to ask for pictures (even if offered in the ad) then DON'T BUY from that poster. Move along to other ads that suit you.
                              While I am a lefty and donate my defective equipment (Ok, perhaps the operator is the problem) to my younger son, I'm not going through the hassle of posting pic's for small money items. I'd describe the item honestly, send pic's via email, including meeting specific pic requests, arrange to deliver/meet somewhere in the GTA and no cash changes hands until you say "yep, this is good".

That's exactly how I've bought clubs on this site. Really don't see a problem with it. So I don't think we need a rule. You can create your own rule and follow it.
                              Me personally....I won't buy 99% of the time without seeing photos. Why waste time emailing photos to 10 people if the OP Can just post in their ad up front? If you have photos there is no need for a detailed description and it saves the initial ad response and questions with the in person meeting.

Only non golfers take photos from 5 feet away with a club leaning on the wall. Condition ratings in writing are subjective. Close up photos tell the accurate story. For me, taking photos and posting them up front takes way less effort than emailing separate people additional info and photos. Could you imagine what ebay would be like without photos? As the old saying goes.....a picture paints a thousand words.

It's pretty clear folks are divided on this subject and have their own way of dealing with things. The mods and site owners won't look to enhance anyway so the point is moot. The rating system in the BST helps provide credibility but more often than not buyers/sellers I've dealt with can't figure out how to provide feedback as the process is not easy or logical but that's another story.
                              Last edited by golfunderpar18; Apr 1, 2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
                                Me personally....I won't buy 99% of the time without seeing photos. Why waste time emailing photos to 10 people if the OP Can just post in their ad up front? If you have photos there is no need for a detailed description and it saves the initial ad response and the in person meeting.

Only non golfers take photos from 5 feet away with a club leaning on the wall. Condition ratings in writing are subjective. Close up photos tell the accurate story. For me, taking photos and posting them up front takes way less effort than emailing separate people additional info and photos. Could you imagine what ebay would be like without photos?

It's pretty clear folks are divided on this subject and have their own way of dealing with things. The mods and site owners won't look to enhance anyway so the point is moot. The rating system in the BST helps provide credibility but more often than not buyers/sellers I've dealt with can't figure out how to provide feedback as the process is not easy or logical but that's another story.
                                agreed and for those of us out of town I am not buying anything without good quality pics. If I am selling I would rather post the pics once then have to email them out multiple times to people who for the most part are kicking the tires.
                                MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X