probably going to get a warning for this one or hate email

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probably going to get a warning for this one or hate email

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
    agreed and for those of us out of town I am not buying anything without good quality pics. If I am selling I would rather post the pics once then have to email them out multiple times to people who for the most part are kicking the tires.
    I find far less tire kicking when they have to actually email you. Look at the amount of views bst posts get. Its all tire kickers for the most part when you've listed the item in the subject bar.

Comment

I use photobucket all the time unless I am at work and get barracuda"d

Its so simple and pictures look much better.
      Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Originally posted by golfunderpar18 View Post
        not sure how people comment that it's difficult to post photos here. that being said, had issues with file sizes on Kijiji so i started to resize my higher resolution photos here... http://www.picresize.com/. No issues now... Can post many photos here. I also use photobucket and provide a link to all of my detailed photos.
        I tried it but resulting low resolution pic is very grainy so low quality
        Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        with the Win Paint program you can reduce MB photo to up-loadable KB size.
        Better quality but pic gets very small.

Better Solution:
        Right click on pic, select SEND TO then MAIL RECIPIENT then COPY image

I also have Adobe CS6 Photoshop
        Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
        Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
        Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
          I find far less tire kicking when they have to actually email you. Look at the amount of views bst posts get. Its all tire kickers for the most part when you've listed the item in the subject bar.
          I will not meet with a kijiji buyer or seller unless I get their email address (which I reply to) and their cell # for texting - to create a paper trail for own security.

Besides if I am driving far to meet with a member, then if something comes up we can still communicate via a quick text (not while driving of course).
          Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
          Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
          Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

I see and understand your point. At the same time is it that much harder to just pm for the pictures? Maybe the owner of the ad has had success in recent past with selling items without posting pictures as well and has decided to continue to do so. The objective of requiring you to pm for pictures may encourage serious inquiries or buyers only. There may just be a method to the madness. Just my two cents. For what its worth, I have sold many items without posting pictures with the ad. Completely understand OP as well though.

Comment

Not posting pics is just silly for the effort it takes.

Comment

I have sold many items using the photobucket method. One nice thing is there is no max on pictures you can use.

I am alright with no pictures as it makes my items much more attractive and easier to sell.

posting pics takes about as long as properly describing the item.

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Comment

How's this look

Comment

Originally posted by callaway123 View Post
                    How's this look

Meh, if your willing to do car only without the rims and delivery it I'll give ya $125.

Comment

How confidence inspiring is it for the buyer see that car "for Sale" in front of an abandoned house?
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

if the deal falls through, I want it...

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
                          Meh, if your willing to do car only without the rims and delivery it I'll give ya $125.

I'll do 125 now if you ship and cover it

Comment

Originally posted by callaway123 View Post
                            How's this look

How about you stop snooping around my place taking pictures.
                            BTW bl8d, take a closer look we do have drapes in the widows.
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

In the days before pics sort of became mandatory, this scenario happened all the time:

So there is an ad with no pics, but a proper description of the item.
                              A prospective Buyer contacts the Seller for pics and gets them.
                              Lo and behold, the pics are of the item as described in the ad.
                              The Seller never hears from Buyer again.
                              ... why did the buyer needs pics in the first place ?

I also think ads should expire/die after 30 days, ... along with many many other features never to be implemented at TGN. BTW the owners of this site also own the domain: CanadaGolfNuts.com
                              I guess they had lofty ambitions, never to be implemented. There naturally needs to be a strong monetary case to buy the site from current owners and develop it forward. How to create monthly income is the big question. I doubt banner ads will ever be enough.
                              Last edited by ARL67; Apr 14, 2015, 06:08 AM.
                              🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                              Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
                              Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                              Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews