Your longest drive ever

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your longest drive ever

No embellishments please.
    Played in a tourney many yrs ago at Scarb GC.
    1st hole. Striped my Titleist persimmon driver 325 yds right down the pipe.
    No wind.
    Cashed in longest drive prize.
    Fast forward 20yrs and I am lucky if it goes 250yd.
    Young Nutters will have to google persimmon woods.
    Who has a long drive story cuz I know this is not going to hold up?

364 a few years ago on hard pan fairway with a rear wind. Also had one 420, but that includes approx 140 yards on the cart path.

I also has a 9 iron into a par 5, but didn't measure, for some reason didn't seem as long
    Last edited by Kessly Snipes; Sep 8, 2017, 05:37 AM.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

I hit one last year at Osprey that was about 315 or so, but it was downwind. I hit one last year at my home course that my Sky Caddie measured at 302. This year I am lucky to crank it 260.

Comment

Hit a downwind, downhill drive on #18 @ Wyndance that I was sure was too far left and didn't carry the quarry. Hit a provisional to just short of the moon bunker. Hit my second shot and as I'm walking up to play my third, I see a ball about 60 yards short of the green. My buddy didn't believe it was mine until I told him the brand and number without looking at the ball .

It shows about 530 on the card from the blues so 470 total but cut-off lots of the corner. About 420 when I measured it in a straight line on google maps later. Did I mention that the flags were bent nearly sideways and I can't guarantee that it didn't actually bounce off a rock in the quarry and back into play

Now I'm happy just to average 250 in the fairway although I did have a no wind/hill 300+ drive last week at Glen Cedars
        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Probably around 385. Had 125 into the par 5 at hunters point heading away from the clubhouse that has the pond to the left of the green. Hit a couple straight away par 4 greens that had that number on the card.
          TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
          TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
          TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
          Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
          Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
          100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Not sure if this is my longest, but I have been hitting my driver longer in the last few weeks due to a small setup and swing thought change.

Played at Redcrest during my league closing event last Monday and hit over the green from the tee on the par 4 313 #13 hole. I've driven it just short of the front edge before, but this was a good 25-30 yards further. Same night I won the long drive on hole #1, had 45 yards left to the pin and hole is marked as 349 yards. Regardless, I was hitting it pretty good that night

Comment

I remember it clearly, 424 yards at a links course called Kennedy Bay.

The fairways run forever, it was downwind and it had to end perfectly on the backside of a swale to kick that far.

We'd given up on looking and thought it was lost, when I found it about 80 yards past the furthest point I'd looked.

Let a SW into the par 5, with a massive green.

Naturally, I went at the tucked pin, missed the green and had to scramble to make par.

Comment

Longest drives this year were at Glen Cedars;

par 5 hole 7 - ~350 yards, 165 yards left for 2nd shot approach! On in two!! three putt par

par 4 hole 9 - the cow bell hole blind tee shot! ~354yards, approach was 40 yard chip with my 52 wedge! two putt par I remember this one well because I almost took a drop couldn't find my ball at all but it turns out I didn't look far enough!!

personally prolly maxed out at 350 with favourable conditions.........

Comment

Great Topic

Mine was 305 this last Wed at Oakville exec. However I do remember a 7 years ago, #12 at Indian Wells from the blues. My first year playing golf. Hit hit a pretty straight drive. Went down to the end of the fairway and could find my ball anywhere. I figured I lost it in the woods somewhere. However, when I got to the green my tee shot ball was sitting in the green side bunker! I must have been in the 320+ range. I guess I hit the cart path and got a great bounce

Comment

Mine was 343, number 11 at Glendale. It measures 520 from the blues and I had about 175 left in. Now the hole always seemed to be conducive to longer drives because it was more downhill that it actually looked and it was always fairly hard. There is a bit of a downhill slope around the 250 mark that I am positive my ball landed on. I am also certain I hit a sprinkler head or brained a squirrel or bird or something but we never saw it jump in the air nor did we see a struggling/dying animal.

This was never GPS verified as this was in the infancy days of these devices, so I am sure it was never that long if taken into actual measurement. However, it is a pretty well funded country club before ClubLink bought them out so I am pretty certain the yardage was halfway close to correct on the card, and the stakes were pretty accurate too.

Never before and never again, but I enjoyed the ride hahaha.

Comment

Lots of wind help #10 Westminster Trails last year....Par 4 353 yards had 30 yards left so well over 300 yards. It flew a long time and when it hit the firm fairway it also ran for a long time. My average drive on an open fairway like that would be 220-240 yards.

Comment

Let me point out that without GPS tracking, this stuff is really hard to figure out. If I measured my par 5 drives based on yardage to pin for second shot, my drives would all be 30-50 yards exaggerated. Why is this, I have no idea ;-) Maybe they way they measure yardage on the course.

I cut the corner the other day on dragons fire 18th and was just around the 100 yard marker for my second. Guys were positive this was 350+ but per gamegolf 325. Great drive no doubt but hard to figure out length on course. I find big variants even on straight holes.

Lots of times I figure I was way into the 300's and come back and see I was 299.

Per the original question, GG has my longest at 348 which was at crosswinds maybe - par 5 on the back nine w/o wind.

Comment

Technically the longest drive was hit on the moon, Alan Sheppard's six iron is still travelling 46 years later.

Comment

385, drove 17th green at gullane 1: major downhill and downwind. First hole same course going up the hill : maybe 175!

Comment

Wind aided at Eagle's Nest in PEI this year. 335 yds. Wind was easily 70 km/h gusting to 90. Hit is high, straight and over the hill in the FW. Ping G30 10.5 degree regular flex.

Before that 327 not wind aided at Monterra #11 in the 1990's. Pro Select "The Wave" driver, regular flex.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X