Collapse

Scum Bag from Etobicoke

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

The Soviets/Russians have done this for nearly a century. And they are/were very cost conscious.​
    Alcatraz was located on an island for some of the reasons previously mentioned.
    Devils Island was used by the French.
    And the Brits shipped convicts to Australia.

So this is not exactly a new idea.

We currently incur extreme amounts building max security facilities to prevent 'escapes'. Which would not be as necessary in a remote location. Much like the POW camps in the jungle or gulags in Siberia.

And the need for constant lock-downs, repeated searches in the facility etc would be eliminated or almost eliminated. And those are very costly and time consuming.

It would require a charter flight in and out, approximately every 10 to 14 days.
    Carrying both staff and prisoners.

And as a result reduces/eliminates drugs, alcohol, weapons in the prison complex, reduces the need for extreme security and removes guards and their families from the potential risk/threat of residing in communities close to the prison, prisoner's families, etc.
    Alcatraz: Closed 1963
    Devil's Island: Closed 1953
    Australia: The last convicts went there in the 1850s, except WA which got convicts up to 1867.
    Gulags: Really? They peaked under Stalin FFS. Dismantled in 1960.

So no one has done this in the last 60 years. Maybe not such a great model after all.

Guards wouldn't reside close to the prisons? Would they live in them or rotate in and out on..... more flights.

Were you being sarcastic and I just missed it?
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Alcatraz: Closed 1963
      Devil's Island: Closed 1953
      Australia: The last convicts went there in the 1850s, except WA which got convicts up to 1867.
      Gulags: Really? They peaked under Stalin FFS. Dismantled in 1960.

So no one has done this in the last 60 years. Maybe not such a great model after all.

Guards wouldn't reside close to the prisons? Would they live in them or rotate in and out on..... more flights.

Were you being sarcastic and I just missed it?
      this is not a new idea and I have heard it discussed for at least a couple of decades. Including opinions/concerns voiced by Correctional Officers, and even some cons/ex-cons over the years. My high school turned out police officers, CO's and for some reason TV/radio personalities at an astounding rate.

As for the list of closures. Are the current conditions/programs/locations an improvement?
      Not all modern ideas/progress is better than what it replaced.

One large facility could in theory replace all the existing ones.

Regarding the number of flights and cost. As explained. In and out according to the change of shifts.One military or ex-military aircraft, used once every 10 to 14 days could in theory handle the transfer of every maximum security prisoner and prison staff for the nation.

Private companies have traditionally offered their staff airfare/charters to and from Fort McMurray for many years.

The crucial factor is the opportunity to eliminate a major issue in prisons which is the existence of contraband.

Do you know of any other workable solution to that problem?

Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Mar 18, 2023, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• time to cut the molly cuddle for serial offenders ,murderers and predators who put everyone through hell with their appeals.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X