Ottawa Senators 2016-2017

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ottawa Senators 2016-2017

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
    Craig Anderson has taken Leave of Abscence again to be with his wife. She was at the game on Sat and looked OK but this makes me think that she might have an agressive or incurable cancer.
    I don't think it means anything - he'll want to be close to her and she may be getting treated in the US where they are from so obviously it's harder to remain with the team. I have a friend battling breast cancer right now and am aware of her treatments which can be tough.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Hope so! I don't wish that on anyone.

Comment

Mike Condon posts a shutout in his first game as a Sen.

and it looks like a game on parliament hill is dead

A big dream appears to be dead for the Ottawa Senators.The idea of an outdoor game being played on Parliament Hill has been nixed by the Government of Canada, according to Don Butler of the Ottawa Citizen.The Senators had hoped to host a game on the hill in 2017 as part of the team's 25th anniversary celebration, the 100th anniversary of the NHL, and Canada's 150th birthday. Full statement from Heritage Minister Melanie Joly's spokesman, nixing an outdoor NHL game on the Hill #ottnews pic.twitter.com/cFGYy6XUxk— Michael Woods (@michaelrwoods) November 4, 2016 The logistics would have been difficult to manage, as a temporary stadium would've been needed to accommodate the event.The Senators offered the following statement in response: And here is the official statement from the Senators on not being able to host an outdoor game on Parliament Hill. pic.twitter.com/B0zg21Pvrz— Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) November 4, 2016 The Senators may continue to explore the possibility an outdoor game, with TD Place Stadium, site of the 2017 Grey Cup, as the more logical venue.

while it sounds good, the logistics are crazy, not to mention security. We've got a great football stadium that could still have the stands in place from the Grey Cup that makes the whole event significantly easier to hold. While not the cache of having it on Parliament Hill, it ultimately makes way more sense.

Comment

It's too bad to hear about the outdoor game not happening on Parliament Hill. That would have been a great story. Oh well, now I won't have to spend ridiculous money on those tickets since I would have had to be there....

Well, 10 games in and the Sens are 7-3. Who saw that coming, especially while working in a new coach/system? There has been some shaky play at times but the team has been very solid especially since the Ceci/Phaneuf pairing has come around (was all kinds of ugly to start). Let's see how the goaltending holds up this season. Anderson's situation is fluid so they will need Condon/Hammond to step up and keep the team in games. Karlsson has picked up right where he left off, but playing lass minutes, killing penalties and protecting leads late in games! What will all the haters say now?

Comment

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
            It's too bad to hear about the outdoor game not happening on Parliament Hill. That would have been a great story. Oh well, now I won't have to spend ridiculous money on those tickets since I would have had to be there....

Well, 10 games in and the Sens are 7-3. Who saw that coming, especially while working in a new coach/system? There has been some shaky play at times but the team has been very solid especially since the Ceci/Phaneuf pairing has come around (was all kinds of ugly to start). Let's see how the goaltending holds up this season. Anderson's situation is fluid so they will need Condon/Hammond to step up and keep the team in games. Karlsson has picked up right where he left off, but playing lass minutes, killing penalties and protecting leads late in games! What will all the haters say now?
            they started well last year as well but ya, 7-3 is solid and they are winning the tight games with defensive battles of late and their shots against is down from last year. The goaltending could be an issue but i heard Andy could start against the sabres so who knows. a few other question marks, MacArthur and Lazar but so far so good. A very balanced lineup for sure so far with scoring by committee. So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
              they started well last year as well but ya, 7-3 is solid and they are winning the tight games with defensive battles of late and their shots against is down from last year. The goaltending could be an issue but i heard Andy could start against the sabres so who knows. a few other question marks, MacArthur and Lazar but so far so good. A very balanced lineup for sure so far with scoring by committee. So far so good.
              Sens are off to a great start...but what's the deal with the significant drop in attendance? I don't get it !!

Comment

Originally posted by canuck236 View Post
                Sens are off to a great start...but what's the deal with the significant drop in attendance? I don't get it !!
                not sure entirely, Ottawa is a fickle town sometimes. Redblacks are selling out so perhaps that has some impact.

Nice win last night, not their best effort but getting 4 past Price is no easy feat considering their scoring woes of late. Anderson continues to play great.

Comment

not sure entirely, Ottawa is a fickle town sometimes. Redblacks are selling out so perhaps that has some impact.

Nice win last night, not their best effort but getting 4 past Price is no easy feat considering their scoring woes of late. Anderson continues to play great.
                  Great win for them...its amazing that Anderson can keep his focus with all that's going on in his personal life ...he's a real warrior.

Comment

a good night for Ottawa - Redblacks win and the Sens shut out the Rangers 2-0 at home for 4 straight wins. Pretty nice to beat the best 2 teams in the league in the past week and now sit T4 in the league. Anderson continues to shine.

Comment

a good night for Ottawa - Redblacks win and the Sens shut out the Rangers 2-0 at home for 4 straight wins. Pretty nice to beat the best 2 teams in the league in the past week and now sit T4 in the league. Anderson continues to shine.
                      It's actually insane how well Anderson is playing right now. I'd go so far as calling him the league MVP at this time.

The team is playing some very good hockey.....and the offense is coming to life. They appear to be giving good teams all they can handle. American Thanksgiving is a good barometer of who will make the playoffs and the Sens currently sit tied for 4th overall in the entire league.

I wasn't planning on watching the Grey Cup but couldn't help myself. I'm admittedly not a big CFL fan, but was a season ticket holder on the south side throughout high school (dirt cheap tickets and something to do before hitting up Holihans, Stoney's or Le Bistro). Burris is inspiring. We are the same age and it takes me a week to recover from a mens beer league lacrosse game!

Comment

It's actually insane how well Anderson is playing right now. I'd go so far as calling him the league MVP at this time.

The team is playing some very good hockey.....and the offense is coming to life. They appear to be giving good teams all they can handle. American Thanksgiving is a good barometer of who will make the playoffs and the Sens currently sit tied for 4th overall in the entire league.

I wasn't planning on watching the Grey Cup but couldn't help myself. I'm admittedly not a big CFL fan, but was a season ticket holder on the south side throughout high school (dirt cheap tickets and something to do before hitting up Holihans, Stoney's or Le Bistro). Burris is inspiring. We are the same age and it takes me a week to recover from a mens beer league lacrosse game!
                        Ha! I used to hit up all those places back in the day as well.

Boucher has the team believing.

My neighbour saw Burris at Shoppers a couple of weeks ago - I'm gonna keep my eyes out for him. And ya, he's awesome. I wasn't for a long time a fan - without a team it was tough but this ownership is exactly how a team should be run. They should be proud.

Comment

Sens after last night's game

Comment

only 3 points out of first overall in the NHL .
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              only 3 points out of first overall in the NHL .
                              Unbelievable isn't it? The Sens fancy stats metrics don't add up to their record, but above average goaltending will do that for a team. Is it sustainable? Who knows but they are playing some damn good hockey right now. Karlsson is better than ever and Condon seems to have been worth the 5th rounder (and then some).

Comment

Unbelievable isn't it? The Sens fancy stats metrics don't add up to their record, but above average goaltending will do that for a team. Is it sustainable? Who knows but they are playing some damn good hockey right now. Karlsson is better than ever and Condon seems to have been worth the 5th rounder (and then some).
                                that and playing without some regulars as of late. Not a fan of the last 2 games but overall, you can't complain about where they are sitting a third of the way through the season.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X