Collapse

Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

Before Mule comes in and issues warning...

I recall a few people who made fun of Kathleen Wynne's appearance, likening her to Orville Redenbacher. Was there a self-ighteous knight in shinny armour on a high horse chiming in to call these people out? Or was the knight just a hypocrite?

BTW, Trump makes fun of appearance of Rosie O'Donnell, Carly Fiorina, and countless others, so it is par for the course. You reap what you sow; don't do to others what you don't wanna be done to you; you make your bed, you sleep in in; what goes around, comes around; karma is a beyatch....

Comment

If you can't see the difference between mocking someone's race, and mocking a haircut....

One reason that one is more acceptable than the other is that you can choose your haircut. And a bad choice in haircut shows a lack of judgement.

A president (elect) with bad judgement is... at the very least, "less likely" to make good decisions.
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        Before Mule comes in and issues warning...

I recall a few people who made fun of Kathleen Wynne's appearance, likening her to Orville Redenbacher. Was there a self-ighteous knight in shinny armour on a high horse chiming in to call these people out? Or was the knight just a hypocrite?

BTW, Trump makes fun of appearance of Rosie O'Donnell, Carly Fiorina, and countless others, so it is par for the course. You reap what you sow; don't do to others what you don't wanna be done to you; you make your bed, you sleep in in; what goes around, comes around; karma is a beyatch....
        Wll, if your shining knight is referring to me, I can honestly say I don't recall reading that.

Granted, I do try to stay away from political threads. This one though is kind of enjoyable to read since some anti Trump posters are so obsessed with him.

The point of me calling some out though (in this case it just happens to be regarding Tump) is simply due to the hyprocracy shown by some who always seem to come across as the holier than thou, self richeous, supposedly tolerant and accepting PC crowd who now believe it's ok to mock on a personal level.

Want to lower yourself to Trump's level? Fine...go for it. But those that do are no better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
          Wll, if your shining knight is referring to me, I can honestly say I don't recall reading that.

Granted, I do try to stay away from political threads. This one though is kind of enjoyable to read since some anti Trump posters are so obsessed with him.

The point of me calling some out though (in this case it just happens to be regarding Tump) is simply due to the hyprocracy shown by some who always seem to come across as the holier than thou, self richeous, supposedly tolerant and accepting PC crowd who now believe it's ok to mock on a personal level.

Want to lower yourself to Trump's level? Fine...go for it. But those that do are no better than him.
          I haven't read the entire thread but most of the mocking I've seen has been reserved for his actions rather than those things he's not in control of.
          We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
          Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
          Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
          Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
          Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
          Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
          Srixon Star XV
          Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
            If you can't see the difference between mocking someone's race, and mocking a haircut....

One reason that one is more acceptable than the other is that you can choose your haircut. And a bad choice in haircut shows a lack of judgement.

A president (elect) with bad judgement is... at the very least, "less likely" to make good decisions.
            You're usually one of the level headed posters here but IMO you're blinded by your dislike of the man and subsequently you're justifying mocking his appearance.

Judge the policies, decisions, speeches, etc --- but mock the appearance and you're playing at the very level of the person you don't like.

I really am surprised that many of you don't see this (that's not being said as an insult but rather an observation).

Comment

I prefer to focus on what Trump says and does. As for Trump's own willingness to attack the personal appearance of others, I can well understand why some would enjoy criticizing him in a similar fashion. As I said, though, I prefer to assess his words and actions. There's so much there to work with.

You're usually one of the level headed posters here but IMO you're blinded by your dislike of the man and subsequently you're justifying mocking his appearance.

Judge the policies, decisions, speeches, etc --- but mock the appearance and you're playing at the very level of the person you don't like.

I really am surprised that many of you don't see this (that's not being said as an insult but rather an observation).
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                I prefer to focus on what Trump says and does. As for Trump's own willingness to attack the personal appearance of others, I can well understand why some would enjoy criticizing him in a similar fashion. As I said, though, I prefer to assess his words and actions. There's so much there to work with.
                100% agree wth you.

Comment

At nearing 20 pages, can someone point out how many of posts fit the description of mocking Trump's appearance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                    At nearing 20 pages, can someone point out how many of posts fit the description of mocking Trump's appearance?
                    That comes specifically from Bern's post where he and I disagree in regards to it being right vs wrong.

Comment

His bad hair colour/style and skin tint are as they are because of his vanity not because of any physical problem beyond his control. Now if the discussion was about his small hands that would be another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                        His bad hair colour/style and skin tint are as they are because of his vanity not because of any physical problem beyond his control. Now if the discussion was about his small hands that would be another matter.
                        When a President hopeful (at the time) says this:

“Look at those hands, are they small hands?” Trump asked on the debate stage. “And [Rubio] referred to my hands: ‘If they’re small, something else must be small.’ I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee.”

With this answer he is just asking for insult . . . IMHO.
                        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

heads up for those who want to impress the fair side in real life.
                          Women notice footwear first, then your hands and then your fingernails.

In Politics the coif rules.The rest is assumed relative.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

My dad taught me that I should always have my shoes shined, advice which I have followed. For him it was a matter of appearance. Maybe he too knew something else, but didn't think I needed to know that as a kid.

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                            heads up for those who want to impress the fair side in real life.
                            Women notice footwear first, then your hands and then your fingernails.

In Politics the coif rules.The rest is assumed relative.
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                              My dad taught me that I should always have my shoes shined, advice which I have followed. For him it was a matter of appearance. Maybe he too knew something else, but didn't think I needed to know that as a kid.
                              lol I gleaned this from my then Girlfriends mother. I remember passing early muster, but failed the final exam some years later.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I'm not so much blinded by dislike as repulsed by the man. It's nothing new, he's disgusted me since he first burst on the scene. I hate ostentation and I hate vulgar blowhards. Trump is all of that and more.

Regardless, I've made several comments about his policies, his blatant lies and the terrible company he keeps. I've also commented on the things he's said about others, which are far worse than anything anyone here has said about him.

And here's a really important difference: I (and others) are just having fun on some wacky golf forum; He's the President-elect of the USA. One of those ought to be held to a higher standard. Much higher.

Regardless, in 3 more weeks he should be President. Then we'll really see what happens.
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X