X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Donald Rump - singularly unsuited to be POTUS

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
    Where is the outrage?????????????????
    Indeed. We are 25 pages in on this thread and there has been barely a mention of this even here. This is an extremely interesting situation. It may turn out to be a tempest in a teapot, but it is an odd situation, to say the least, when you have the Russians and the sitting US president on one side and the political establishment and intelligence agencies on the other.

Will this be the defining moment of Mr. Trump's presidency?
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
      Will this be the defining moment of Mr. Trump's presidency?
      This moment? The Americans should be so lucky.

I don't think most of them really know what they're in for. Trump may try to build his wall and he may initiate the dismantling of Obamacare, but he will need Congress to help him. However, foreign affairs is going to be the real problem. Trump has absolutely zero experience in diplomacy, and he is adopting a clearly pro-Russian stance despite the concerns of his own intelligence services. Despite the formalities, the President acts with virtual impunity regardless of his support in Congress. Short of impeachment, whatever Congress does will usually be too little too late.

Comment

You all are being so "unfair" to Donald Trump.

He won the election. Please don't spoil his victory by pointing out that he lost the majority vote or that Russia may have helped him win. While you are at it please note that he beat Arnold S. in the Apprentice first show rating.

These things are all important, so please, be nice!!

Comment

Rump’s Cabinet picks undergo grueling prep for hearings

Billionaire, masters-of-the-universe cabinet picks getting coached up on things like the price of milk, gasoline. So in-touch with the typical Rump Lover.

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Meryl Streep at last night's Golden Globes:

The Golden Globes have wrapped with "La La Land" breaking records and "Moonlight" winning for drama. But the night was filled with so much more including Amy Schumer's "Bachelor" picks and Meryl Streep's rousing speech stating, "disrespect invites disrespect."Here is the complete list of…

Comment

Rump confidants serving as presidential advisers could face tangle of potential conflicts

I'm trying to figure out if I'm seeing a pattern here ...

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html
                Wonderful

Comment

Rump's response on Twitter. And this guy is gonna be President.

"... I never "mocked" a disabled reporter ..."

Comment

Kellyanne Conway's take on things was to tweet the following:

"I'm concerned that somebody with a platform like Meryl Streep's is inciting people's worst instincts"

As opposed to the platform of a GOP candidate, the GOP nominee, the President-elect and eventually the President?
                    Last edited by Benz; Jan 9, 2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Duterte in the Philippines is the high water mark for "extreme".
                      So Trump has that implausible possibility going for him.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

These two go together.

There really is something unusual, different, "wrong" with Trump.

He is utterly unqualified and naive about how the world works. It's unlikely that a real estate developer and TV personality somehow has all the answers to complex questions.

More than anything, it's his disdain and contempt for his fellow man that bothers me. He's said that he wasn't mocking that reporter's disability but that's just a blatant lie. He has no other valid explanation. It's that behaviour: mocking the disabled followed by blatant lie, that make me wonder how anyone could support him.
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

Rump's response on Twitter. And this guy is gonna be President.

"... I never "mocked" a disabled reporter ..."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...21066859167746
                          Be the judge of what Rump did:

Donald Trump is under fire again, this time for mocking a New York Times reporter that suffers from a chronic condition. CNN's John Berman reports

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                            These two go together.

There really is something unusual, different, "wrong" with Trump.

He is utterly unqualified and naive about how the world works. It's unlikely that a real estate developer and TV personality somehow has all the answers to complex questions.

More than anything, it's his disdain and contempt for his fellow man that bothers me. He's said that he wasn't mocking that reporter's disability but that's just a blatant lie. He has no other valid explanation. It's that behaviour: mocking the disabled followed by blatant lie, that make me wonder how anyone could support him.
                            I absolutely agree. I'd add this (which I posted earlier). It (partially?) explains how his followers can disregard reality and continue to support them. Truly deplorable.

When Prophecy Fails

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                              More than anything, it's his disdain and contempt for his fellow man that bothers me.
                              Exactly.

While I don't agree with many of Trump's proposals because I believe they are not viable, I would be willing to give them a chance. That said, my biggest concern is his temperament. He is incredibly power-hungry, thin-skinned, petty and vengeful. I shudder to think what is capable of when he can direct the IRS and the FBI to 'investigate' and intimidate people who displease him.

Comment

The President-Elect of the USA continues to spend his time well.

His tweets (condensed) after Meryl Streep's acceptance speech:

Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a.....
                                Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him.......
                                "groveling" when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad. Just more very dishonest media!

People really want a guy who's so petty he denounces and denigrates anyone who criticizes him?

I have mixed feelings about Meryl Streep, but to call her over-rated is a stretch. She's been nominated for more leading-role Oscars and more leading-role Golden Globes than anyone else. For the Oscars, with 19, she's way ahead of Jack Nicholson and Katharine Hepburn who are tied at 2nd-most with 12 each.

CBC has an interesting article from the Detroit Auto Show about the effects of Trump's "policy by Tweets". It's not all that positive. An excerpt:
                                There is no question the reason most parts and assembly plants are located outside the United States is that they are less expensive.

By definition, bringing those jobs home will raise the cost of making cars. U.S. unemployment remains near historic lows, meaning new U.S. workers will not come cheap.

One solution is to replacing Mexican workers with American robots. That would raise capital costs and lead to new U.S. investment. But if that was the cheapest option, it would have happened already.

Other things being equal, higher costs must lead to higher consumer prices or reduced shareholder profits.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/detr...nism-1.3924244
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X