• Show
Clear All

• That's our boy....

Comment

• Originally posted by par345 View Post
      Those are "stiff sanctions"!
      TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Civil liberties in the USA are being eroded under the guise of protecting religious freedoms. No one disputes the legitimacy of protecting religious freedoms. However, when legislation is crafted to permit some religious beliefs to run roughshod over the rights of others, then there's serious cause for concern.

Trump's DOJ is destroying civil rights for gay, Mexican, Muslim and transgender people in the name of religious freedom for conservative Christians.
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
          Civil liberties in the USA are being eroded under the guise of protecting religious freedoms. No one disputes the legitimacy of protecting religious freedoms. However, when legislation is crafted to permit some religious beliefs to run roughshod over the rights of others, then there's serious cause for concern.

https://apple.news/AoHYDNMNfRBOn5BfdDPOr1w
          "The right to practice one's religion" has become "the right to impose one's christian religious beliefs on everyone".
          TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by par345 View Post
            When you're so desperate you attack the difference in pronunciation between Khomeini and Khameini... wow

Comment

• Desperation is not necessary to direct one's focus on the daily gaffs that mark a good deal of President's Trump's daily actions. His outrageous behaviour is on full display for all to see.

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

When you're so desperate you attack the difference in pronunciation between Khomeini and Khameini... wow
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

It's always best for the commander in chief to get the adversary's name right or they may not take you seriously....I know it's difficult for Donald...but Donald's Iran game just ain't strong enough after he choked on his Iran bombing plans.

Comment

• Me thinks Melania is tone deaf and dense.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	2992807

Meanwhile...Ordinary people want to help those migrant children living in horrid condition but got turned away.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06...source=twitter

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/sta...87418738675713

Comment

• As Trump prepares to have his quarterly review with Boss Putin later this week, the latter sent out a reminder who is in charge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	145
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	2992814

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                      Desperation is not necessary to direct one's focus on the daily gaffs that mark a good deal of President's Trump's daily actions. His outrageous behaviour is on full display for all to see.

If misprouncing the name of a person or place constitutes outrageous behaviour, then I'm sure you'll love this vintage Barack Obama mispronunciation of Mississauga:

Comment

If misprouncing the name of a person or place constitutes outrageous behaviour, then I'm sure you'll love this vintage Barack Obama mispronunciation of Mississauga:

https://youtu.be/V2ASnc3HR7Q

......was Barack at war with Mississuaga...sanctioning them....wanting to bomb them-then choked...yep should have got the name right,Barack.

Comment

• What happened to the usual 'Death to America?'

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2992841

Comment

I agree, although I wouldn't use the word "desperate". One hardly needs to be desperate to find daily examples of Trump's ignorance and incompetence.

This was really a trivial mispronunciation, and TBH I'd be hard pressed to know the proper Persian pronunciation of either, never mind the differing regional accents and formal vs. informal. I don't think Donald got the leading glottal correctly at all, but most Western anglophones don't.

Reading further, there's this to be considered:
                            In Classical Persian, the uvular consonants غ and ق denoted the original Arabic phonemes, the fricative [ɣ] and the plosive [q], respectively. In modern Tehrani Persian (which is used in the Iranian mass media, both colloquial and standard), there is no difference in the pronunciation of غ and ق. The actual realisation is usually that of a voiced stop [ɢ], but a voiced fricative [ɣ]~[ʁ] is common intervocalically. The classic pronunciations of غ and ق are preserved in the eastern varieties, Dari and Tajiki, as well as in the southern varieties (e.g. Zoroastrian Dari language and other Central / Central Plateau or Kermanic languages).

Some Iranian speakers show a similar merger of ج and ژ, such that [
                            ] alternates with [ʒ], with the latter being restricted to intervocalic position.

Discuss.

In short, don't give Trump supporters fuel for their argument that he's being unfairly persecuted in the media for stuff like this. There's plenty of real, substantive stuff to criticize him on.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I agree, although I wouldn't use the word "desperate". One hardly needs to be desperate to find daily examples of Trump's ignorance and incompetence.

This was really a trivial mispronunciation, and TBH I'd be hard pressed to know the proper Persian pronunciation of either, never mind the differing regional accents and formal vs. informal. I don't think Donald got the leading glottal correctly at all, but most Western anglophones don't.

Reading further, there's this to be considered:
                              In Classical Persian, the uvular consonants غ and ق denoted the original Arabic phonemes, the fricative [ɣ] and the plosive [q], respectively. In modern Tehrani Persian (which is used in the Iranian mass media, both colloquial and standard), there is no difference in the pronunciation of غ and ق. The actual realisation is usually that of a voiced stop [ɢ], but a voiced fricative [ɣ]~[ʁ] is common intervocalically. The classic pronunciations of غ and ق are preserved in the eastern varieties, Dari and Tajiki, as well as in the southern varieties (e.g. Zoroastrian Dari language and other Central / Central Plateau or Kermanic languages).

Some Iranian speakers show a similar merger of ج and ژ, such that [
                              ] alternates with [ʒ], with the latter being restricted to intervocalic position.

Discuss.

In short, don't give Trump supporters fuel for their argument that he's being unfairly persecuted in the media for stuff like this. There's plenty of real, substantive stuff to criticize him on.
                              Your last point is what I was getting at. Focus on substance not stupid trivial garbage like mispronunciations. In this case, desperate was a more than fair characterization. If it's a slow day and there is nothing substantive to attack Trump on, leftist minions resort to attacking trivial things like this, and act like they are intellectually superior in the process. I can only imagine how boring somebody's life is if the first thing they think about in the morning is "how can we get Trump today?.... ohhh he mispronounced a Persian name, this will do the trick". These people must be fun to be around.

Comment

• Mexico sending 15,000 troops to the U.S. border to help stem the flow of illegal aliens.... that tariff threat really isn't working as POTUS had intended.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X