This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: President Trump

It's of some passing interest that the confirmation hearings are still going on. These are important hurdles that vet candidates for critical positions in US government.

In a related note, Steve Bannon - who has never been elected or vetted - personally overruled the Department of Homeland Security on the issue of banning Green Card holders.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Kudos to Kyle Lowry (and Masai Ujiri, Greg Popvich, Stan Van Gundy, Dwayne Casey) and all the others in the NBA who are speaking out against the travel ban.

And a fun sign from one of the protests:

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
      My money is on Neil Gorsuch, strictly because he looks like a judge straight out of Central Casting.
      Haha.

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Protests occurring against the Muslim Ban in Iqualuit

Not sure if they used this slogan but I hope they did

Nunavut will have None Of It.

Comment

Well this makes sense...

Callaway Blayne Standbag:
          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post
            I'm done guessing. I can't believe it will go anywhere near that far but then again I have to admit I'm shocked it has gone this far.

There was a point made that I read somewhere about remembering how you felt in history class and telling yourself what you would have done if you were there then.....

I'm not saying we are going to get anywhere near that, but here we sit in the information age..... What do you think the average German knew or thought in the early to mid 30's. Very limited insight, even less comprehenson and an overriding instinct towards self interest and self preservation.

I can't believe those kind of thoughts can even come up these days.... But where the F is this going?
            If those who are in the camp that says this is more or less a coup by Trump and his administration are correct then they believe this is where the F this goes.

Trump has created this chaos and crisis for the purpose of generating dissent so he can order in the National Guard or the military to suppress them in a show of power and to establish a broader base of power. Also to extend the use of force domestically.

If you see that actually come true, then presumably it was all part of the plan all along.

Again, I am not convinced this will happen but the good thing is there is a well worn path established in other countries of the world for a long time to compare and contrast with on the road to fascism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
              It's of some passing interest that the confirmation hearings are still going on. These are important hurdles that vet candidates for critical positions in US government.In a related note, Steve Bannon - who has never been elected or vetted - personally overruled the Department of Homeland Security on the issue of banning Green Card holders.Kudos to Kyle Lowry (and Masai Ujiri, Greg Popvich, Stan Van Gundy, Dwayne Casey) and all the others in the NBA who are speaking out against the travel ban.

And a fun sign from one of the protests:

How many of those wives came from the 7 countries?
              Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                You know the answer is zero.

Comment

Republicans insist this isn’t a ‘Muslim ban.’ Rump and Giuliani aren’t helping their cause at all.

Rump is a small-handed, fat-as_sed, lying sack of sh_t:

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                    Where does the sign say anything about those 7 countries? The sign in and of itself is 100% factually correct. See, I can be purposefully obtuse as well,.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
                      Republicans insist this isn’t a ‘Muslim ban.’ Rump and Giuliani aren’t helping their cause at all.

Rump is a small-handed, fat-as_sed, lying sack of sh_t:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e04db7a90192
                      Lol you are so rustled. I cant believe the mods allow this. Attack the guys policy not his appearance. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                        Lol you are so rustled. I cant believe the mods allow this. Attack the guys policy not his appearance. Sheesh.
                        OK, so he's what -- a lying sack of sh_t? Wouldn't small-handed qualify as a statement of fact?

Rump deserves all of the disrespect he gets, and then some. If Rump comes on TGN, I promise not to flame him, even if he claims he hits his 7 iron 190.

Comment

....the guy is repulsive...in both appearance AND actions.
                          In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
                          Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
                          Titleist 910 F2 19*
                          Titleist 913H 24*
                          Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
                          Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
                          Vokey SM6 58*
                          SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                            Protests occurring against the Muslim Ban in Iqualuit

Not sure if they used this slogan but I hope they did

Nunavut will have None Of It.
                            Clever. Haha. Deserve a (sort of) RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                              I still don't understand why these idiots even mention this. They all have blood on their hands . . . disgusting.
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Saw this on Twitter. Heart breaking and shameful.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X