This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I'll let you guys get back to your routine Trump bashing now.
    Whatabout the Hillary bashing?

Donald the pathetic....

The gang was all in Orlando for the president’s re-election kickoff, and his old 2016 foe was foremost on his mind. Whether that is a winning formula for 2020 remains to be seen.
    Last edited by par345; Jun 21, 2019, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• President Trump ordered military strike on Iran, but reversed at last second: Sources

Goodbye Donald.....this ain't Rosie Odonnell ,Mr counter puncher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iran2.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	2990890
      Last edited by par345; Jun 21, 2019, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• ^^^^

A war with Iran would interrupt a game of golf over the weekend + Boss Putin kyboshed the idea.

Comment

• Well I don't mind a politician changing their mind.
          But when it is done at the very last minute, that demonstrates a lack of forethought and preparation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

It was far from an excellent reply, it was a history lesson I didn't need. I meant people that are North American and Western European citizens. There is no place in the world more open, accepting, or tolerant as the western world - not in asian majority countries, black majority countries, Hispanic countries, and especially not in Arab majority countries. The west isn't perfect, but its significantly better by every metric than anywhere else in the world. We shouldn't just strive to be better than the rest of the world, we should strive to be as best as we can be. Does treating races of people differently based on history they had no influence or control over qualify as being better? I am arguing no. Every time that group identity has trumped individual identity, it has led to racial, ethnic, or religious violence, discrimination, and bigotry. Using group identity to combat group identity (neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc) is stupidity at best. Call out racists where you see them, and do your part in stopping discrimination in any form.

The idea that we can't 'take' things from people because of an immutable characteristics, but at the same time we should 'give' things to people based on that same characteristic is a fallacy.
            Your post said this:

Mainly because most North American and Western Europe people had acknowledged for decades that there is no value in group identity.
            When did people who aren't part of a white majority acknowledge that there is no value in group identity?

I won't dissect the rest of your "we're better than the rest of the world" post, because it has already been addressed, and I think it speaks for itself anyway, on multiple levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

Your post said this:

When did people who aren't part of a white majority acknowledge that there is no value in group identity?

I won't dissect the rest of your "we're better than the rest of the world" post, because it has already been addressed, and I think it speaks for itself anyway, on multiple levels.
              The other question is, "Would we be better than the rest of the world without active pushes for minority rights (and yes, even affirmative action-type programs)?". One can certainly debate when the pendulum has swung too far, but claiming that we are slightly better than some places that still show outward racism towards minorities is no reason to put the subject to rest.
              What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
              TM Rescue 17*
              TM M2 4-AW
              TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
              Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

• Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

The other question is, "Would we be better than the rest of the world without active pushes for minority rights (and yes, even affirmative action-type programs)?". One can certainly debate when the pendulum has swung too far, but claiming that we are slightly better than some places that still show outward racism towards minorities is no reason to put the subject to rest.
                This is an excellent and thoughtful comment.

Comment

• The US military apparently was 'cocked & loaded' to stick it to Iran. Oh man.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	137
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2990996

Comment

• If they shot your stuff down wouldn't "True Dot" consider retaliation?

Comment

• Originally posted by dhacker56 View Post
                      If they shot your stuff down wouldn't "True Dot" consider retaliation?
                      ...unbelievable

Comment

• In what way? Don't Canadians stick up for themselves?

Comment

In what way? Don't Canadians stick up for themselves?
                          Please try playing hockey and find out.

Comment

People don't shoot our stuff down. We're not loathed around the world.

Comment

Yes, and I think that's been proven over history.

We don't generally dither about it in public though, we're a little more professional than that.....
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

If they shot your stuff down wouldn't "True Dot" consider retaliation?
                                Nope, because we don't fly our stuff in Iranian territory. Ya can't shoot down what's not there.
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X