Collapse

Anyone boycotting US travel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Not boycotting, but will avoid and go less. The Canadian dollar doesn't help, so if the choice is say a road trip to Quebec or Vermont, I'll choose Quebec. If West coast, I'll do Vancouver/Rockies vs. California......

I may go on a cruise that departs through the States.

We'll see how it plays out the next couple of years.

Less then 2 weeks in and issues daily.

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
        Less then 2 weeks in and issues daily.
        *** BREAKING NEWS ***

Comment

Enjoy yourself at the Aroosttok Valley Country Club. Is it still a great course?

Originally posted by gatsby View Post
          My group travels to Maine and golfs at Mars Hill. Our second day we travel to Aroostook from Maine and eat and play golf in New Brunswick and then head back across the line to Mars Hill. The amazing thing is that you must enter the course from the US. there are no guards no checks. Both citizens mingle. Keep politics out of the conversations, and the world turns. We will be returning in June.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

We are as well, except in Alabama. Next year, we'll see.

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
            We are Snow Birds presently in Arizona. No plans on not coming back next year.
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post
              I think this could become an issue. The US is often chosen to host world conferences/meetings in various fields. Multi-national companies will have to think twice about choosing the US to host as will many international associations. If tourism/conference numbers decline it hits many industries very quickly.
              My former company for example would have trouble getting various Middle Eastern partners/dealers into the US for the annual sales meeting. If they have to relocate the meeting outside the US, that would be about 4000 (approx 1000 people for 4 nights/ea.) fewer hotel bookings for the host city. That's just one company relocating it sales meeting.
              I think this type of action is going to adversely effect business in many ways, expect a lot of push back from large corporations.
              Not to mention when the US tourism industry starts laying people off.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                I still have tickets for a Boz Scaggs concert in Fort Lauderdale this Thursday (Feb 2) night. However, on November 9th, I decided not to go. Didn't want to be anywhere near Florida in the first two weeks of this stupidity.
                Saw him in Lewiston NY last summer with Don MClean opening. Great show
                Brampton

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                  Not to mention when the US tourism industry starts laying people off.
                  and it's not just Canada. Think of all the tourists that flock to the US every year from all over the world. Well, you can elimate a lot of muslims from wanting to travel there now. And who knows where this is all going 1,3,6 months from now....
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Trump America lost the popular vote. All my US friends and business associates are virulently anti-Trump.

Why would I avoid visiting them? Maybe I'll join some of them in some protest marches, and re-live the '60's.

Comment

Originally posted by LOFT View Post
                      Trump America lost the popular vote. All my US friends and business associates are virulently anti-Trump.

Why would I avoid visiting them? Maybe I'll join some of them in some protest marches, and re-live the '60's.
                      In case you haven't taken the time to realize this, take away CA or NY and the democrat popular vote is lost by a large margin. There's a reason the US election system is setup the way it is, so that a single state can't determine the fate of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos411 View Post
                        In case you haven't taken the time to realize this, take away CA or NY and the democrat popular vote is lost by a large margin. There's a reason the US election system is setup the way it is, so that a single state can't determine the fate of the country.
                        It's the popular vote. Not the popular vote minus a few states. Your comment roughly the same as Trump stating that he would have won the popular vote if it weren't for all those illegal votes.

Comment

The flip side of this is, of course, that the majority of its citizens can't determine the fate of the country.

I understand the heritage of the rather odd electoral college system and it's the system in use so if you want to win you've got to leverage it.

I don't think you can just put forward the notion of tossing out all the votes from the two biggest states. CA and NY are part of America. A really, really big part....
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

One of the things I did in my wasted youth was to pick up a graduate degree in political science. I know how federations and voting systems work.

And we have our own challenges here in Canada...can a party win without Quebec, or how many times have our friends watched election results in BC and seen that a majority government is achieved before their votes are even counted.

You've got to balance rep by pop with regional diversity. But I digress, the purpose of the post was whether I was boycotting the US...no.

Comment

take away the
                              Prairie provinces..see how well the Conservatives do...

Comment

I went to Australia this xmas..I'll visit other places...ps Oz is a super
                                country..

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X