X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone boycotting US travel

Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
    Already have one.
    OK, then. I'll bring a 'special' t-shirt for you.

Comment

At the rate that he and his team are going greatness seems far removed from the horizon.

Originally posted by Benz View Post
      Get an extra one.
      I want to see Verm wearing it when we have our picture taken!
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
        I'm considering cancelling our annual Myrtle beach golf trip this year. Nothing is booked so far so no loss of deposits or anything. We've been doing Myrtle last five years. I think I'll pass organizing or going this year. Anyone else?
        Why not share with us, in your profound wisdom, your reasons for canceling your golf trip? Maybe if we had more information, we might give a damn. Otherwise.......!
        If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

I wouldn't change my plans due to a political issue. You are only hurting yourself.
          WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
          Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
          Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
          Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
          Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
          Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
          Heavy Putter A1 33"
          " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

I met a lady at the passport office last week. She has not gotten around to getting her Nexus but travels twice a week to the US.

She has asked her company for a new region. Anywhere but the US. She was born in France, is now a Canadian citizen and is somewhat exotic looking. Mix of several cultural backgrounds. She said in the last few weeks it has been a nightmare crossing and she gets grilled every time about her background, her parents, her religion (christian for the record). She said she has had enough.

My son's school is cancelling thier Art trip to New York as a result because they can't guarantee all the kids will get through and won't take the chance.

I am still travelling down. I have my Nexus and have not have not had an issue. Given I have property there I'm not going to stop going but it has given me pause. My aunt who is down in Fort Myers said the tension down there is palpable.

We will see how things progress

Comment

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
              I think it's the high exchange rate more than politics that is keeping people from visiting the U.S.
              Exchange rate Mid-Feb 2016 73.25 cents
              Exchange rate Mid-Feb 2017 76.50 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Frorose View Post
                I met a lady at the passport office last week. She has not gotten around to getting her Nexus but travels twice a week to the US.

She has asked her company for a new region. Anywhere but the US. She was born in France, is now a Canadian citizen and is somewhat exotic looking. Mix of several cultural backgrounds. She said in the last few weeks it has been a nightmare crossing and she gets grilled every time about her background, her parents, her religion (christian for the record). She said she has had enough.

My son's school is cancelling thier Art trip to New York as a result because they can't guarantee all the kids will get through and won't take the chance.

I am still travelling down. I have my Nexus and have not have not had an issue. Given I have property there I'm not going to stop going but it has given me pause. My aunt who is down in Fort Myers said the tension down there is palpable.

We will see how things progress
                I can see this being a struggle for some people that may "appear" to be from or have ties to one of the blacklisted countries. I agree the school's have to consider a policy where "we all go or none of us go". Assuming all are Canadian citizens or lawful permanent residents, it ought not to be an issue? But perhaps it is, I don't know.

I'm off to Miami a week from Saturday to board a cruise ship. I have a Nexus card so expect to speed through. I'm back in the US in May for my annual golf trip. Never crossed my mind to cancel either just because the new President is making a complete --- of himself and embarrassing his country on the world stage.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                  I can see this being a struggle for some people that may "appear" to be from or have ties to one of the blacklisted countries. I agree the school's have to consider a policy where "we all go or none of us go". Assuming all are Canadian citizens or lawful permanent residents, it ought not to be an issue? But perhaps it is, I don't know.

I'm off to Miami a week from Saturday to board a cruise ship. I have a Nexus card so expect to speed through. I'm back in the US in May for my annual golf trip. Never crossed my mind to cancel either just because the new President is making a complete --- of himself and embarrassing his country on the world stage.
                  Canadian Citizens have been denied entry. At least one was born here. For groups travelling, especially a school, I can see why. Assuming the student make-up looks like the classes my kids have been in, there are kids from many different countries, some born in Canada, some not. Organizing these trips takes a lot of effort and having them go sideways is just not worth it sometimes, especially with children involved.
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Some interesting points about your rights, obligations and options when entering the U.S.

Take special note of the references to cellphones and laptops.

Can officers detain and question you? Ask for access to your phone or your social media profiles? What happens if you say no?

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                      Some interesting points about your rights, obligations and options when entering the U.S.

Take special note of the references to cellphones and laptops.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/bor...rnd/index.html

Thought everyone knew this?

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                        Thought everyone knew this?
                        Given the recent changes in U.S. policies, there's no harm in reminding everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                          ... Assuming all are Canadian citizens or lawful permanent residents, it ought not to be an issue? But perhaps it is, I don't know...
                          Nope. I know one person who was rejected at the US border with a valid Canadian passport. His sin? Dark skin and a 'middle eastern' name. Got his passport stamped REJECTED. Its going to cost him a lot of time and money to get this cleared up.

The border is a law unto its own and guards seem to have a lot of latitude in what they can do.
                          In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                          and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

A man brought illegally to the US as a child faces deportation raising fears of a Trump crackdown.

What a sh*tshow. I've got no plans to go to the US, but won't be making any in the near future either.
                            In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                            and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

I'm down there every week for CHEAP golf (Washington State). God Bless America!

No problems at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                                Nope. I know one person who was rejected at the US border with a valid Canadian passport. His sin? Dark skin and a 'middle eastern' name. Got his passport stamped REJECTED. Its going to cost him a lot of time and money to get this cleared up.

The border is a law unto its own and guards seem to have a lot of latitude in what they can do.
                                Serves him right.

Originally posted by unskinnybop99 View Post
                                I'm down there every week for CHEAP golf (Washington State). God Bless America!

No problems at the border.
                                I love being born white too.

Great choice, always comes in handy!
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays