Justin Trudeau government term 1

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

Well then I guess her family of 6 are the only ones that got away with it
    lots of people "get away with it" ..... for a while.

systems are changing. government is becoming more vigilant and more connected.
    one thing to note there is no statute of limitation on this kind of fraud. it can come back to bit them if they are in fact representing that they were in the country when they were not and trying to access benefits that require residence in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post

the purpose of " citizenship of convenience" is its projected entitlement in the future.
      The children, are Canadian by birthright, and are entitled to education and healthcare.
      Should they have other relatives they can stay with. all this is available to them at virtually no cost to the absentee parents.
      As Adults they can sponsor their parents, grandparents and extended family to emigrate to Canada. That's when the tax-payers burden in eventual health care comes into play.
      It's the long game,but you knew that.
      parents and in rare cases grandparents. extended family class is almost non existent now.

in order to sponsor they would have to have to show income and be paying taxes in Canada

Comment

• The Libbies first campaign ad - a none-too-subtle dig at Doug and the Ontario PC's at the end there

Justin Trudeau (Politician), Liberal Party Of Canada (Organization), Parti Libéral du Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by Richd View Post

parents and in rare cases grandparents. extended family class is almost non existent now.

in order to sponsor they would have to have to show income and be paying taxes in Canada
          My interpretation of the guideline is that until they are granted permanent status you, as the sponsor, just need to show proof you can support them in the interim.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...onsorship.html
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
            The Libbies first campaign ad - a none-too-subtle dig at Doug and the Ontario PC's at the end there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRdE2b8uNDM
            LOL a politically awkward phrased slipup from JT's writers -" in a world that has grown darker" as the clip shows him talking to mainly ethnically diverse coloured people.
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post

My interpretation of the guideline is that until they are granted permanent status you, as the sponsor, just need to show proof you can support them in the interim.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...onsorship.html

they cant come to Canada until they have been grated permanent resident status and it is at that point you have to be i a position to provide support to ensure that for a prescribed period they do not require social assistance.

and that proof usually is in the form of income statement or tax return.

used to be that potential sponsors would borrow money short term to pad the bank account but the gov go hip to that. they look a bit deeper now.

while not impossible it would be quite difficult for somebody living outside the county to sponsor a parent to Canada. adult sibling sponsorship is pretty well non existent now

Comment

• Whether you believe/support Trudeau; as a Canadian I am proud of him stepping up (us) and donating the money/aircraft for the horror going on in the Amazon. Makes me proud to be Canadian and have a forward thinking Prime Minister. The goodwill from this gesture, will repay itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rifleman View Post
                  Whether you believe/support Trudeau; as a Canadian I am proud of him stepping up (us) and donating the money/aircraft for the horror going on in the Amazon. Makes me proud to be Canadian and have a forward thinking Prime Minister. The goodwill from this gesture, will repay itself.
                  I agree it's a good idea, but let's not fawn over him too much. I would have expected no less from any PM, of any stripe. There are some things we have to do and this is one of them. Especially in an election year.....

Comment

• First, President Bolsonaro is a liar. He has actively encouraged the setting of the fires in the Amazon to clear vast tracts for settlement, farming and Ranching.The thinking is that the Amazon is so large that a little "clearing" won't hurt it.They used to think like that about the Oceans too.
                    It was also done prior to Bolsonaro. He's just trying to keep his election promises thus securing future terms in office.

Yes this is a freebie for the Lib's and JT to exploit.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• [QUOTE=68shark;n3028284]

I agree it's a good idea, but let's not fawn over him too much. I would have expected no less from any PM, of any stripe. There are some things we have to do and this is one of them. Especially in an election year.....[/QUOTE

I would expect no less either, from anyone elected. Nice to see Trudeau got out in front with this. I cannot see anyone doing this strictly because of an election coming up. I like to believe everyone would be above that. South of the border, I would be on board being suspicious.
                      At the end of the day, it is good for Canada in many directions.

Comment

• The story was misreported. What Trudeau actually did was spend $15 million on an Amazon Prime membership. Personally, I'm against it, but at least we'll get free shipping.

Comment

• Meanwhile,closer to home there is logging of old growth forest on the southern Vancouver Island occurring right now. If you have ever experienced the awe of standing in One of these forests you can appreciate how sad this is.

Comment

• at a standby operating cost $40,000+ per day, plus $10,000 per hour flying time, the 15 million might just cover the flight to and back from Brasil of 3 bombers and maybe a week of Bombing.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post
                              The story was misreported. What Trudeau actually did was spend $15 million on an Amazon Prime membership. Personally, I'm against it, but at least we'll get free shipping.

Comment

• Ambrose is veering off party line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	357
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	3028446

The Conservatives' former leader doesn't agree with the current leader's assertion that Canada got taken to the cleaners by Donald Trump on the renegotiated NAFTA.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X