Collapse

Justin Trudeau government term 2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

There must be more to this story. Does every candidate know about every $100 donation to their campaign? I have no idea if they do, but this seems fishy to me.
    I was thinking the same... do campaigns sift through donations one-by-one and accept them? or are donations automatically deposited into the campaign fund?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

There must be more to this story. Does every candidate know about every $100 donation to their campaign? I have no idea if they do, but this seems fishy to me.
      Agree. There has to be more to the story. I hope there's more to the story. Does every MP or MPP vet the names of every donor to ensure they comply with all ethical standards? Doubt it. Just like I can't stand when a politician is at an event and some clown walks up and stands near them and a picture is taken proving the politician approves of the clown's behavior. Total BS.

Comment

• The Sloan story is absurd. $131? I bet if one goes through any party's donations, you may find some less than stellar donators. O'toole is pandering to the chattering mob and he should reflect on this decision and investigate further. And if there is more to the story that justifies this decision, then by all means, publish that information.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68shark View Post
          The Sloan story is absurd. $131? I bet if one goes through any party's donations, you may find some less than stellar donators. O'toole is pandering to the chattering mob and he should reflect on this decision and investigate further. And if there is more to the story that justifies this decision, then by all means, publish that information.
          O'Toole has been pumping the message that his party is going to, "Take Back Canada," which has drawn harsh criticism and raised the question, "Take it Back From Who Exactly?" I think he's very worried about his party tagline taking on a white nationalist connotation so this may be an overcorrection on his part.
          We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
          Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
          Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
          Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
          Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
          Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
          Srixon Star XV
          Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

O'Toole has been pumping the message that his party is going to, "Take Back Canada," which has drawn harsh criticism and raised the question, "Take it Back From Who Exactly?" I think he's very worried about his party tagline taking on a white nationalist connotation so this may be an overcorrection on his part.
            I would say O'Toole knows exactly who is on the inside in his party and knows exactly what they want. His job is to keep them onside and continuing to provide support, while at the same time selling a sanitized version to the Canadian public that does not include those same people. Sloan has always felt that those that O Toole wants to keep in the shadow should be more prominent. He is being booted for basically saying the quiet part out loud too soon.

Comment

• I would expel Derek Sloan from the party for being Derek Sloan. I'm guessing that's what O'Toole is actually doing. The donation just gives him a reason to do it. You know, aside from Sloan being a racist, sexist homophobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

I would say O'Toole knows exactly who is on the inside in his party and knows exactly what they want. His job is to keep them onside and continuing to provide support, while at the same time selling a sanitized version to the Canadian public that does not include those same people. Sloan has always felt that those that O Toole wants to keep in the shadow should be more prominent. He is being booted for basically saying the quiet part out loud too soon.
                Yes - he wants them to keep quiet and show up in droves on voting day.

Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I was thinking the same... do campaigns sift through donations one-by-one and accept them? or are donations automatically deposited into the campaign fund?
                  Well if O'Toole knows this guy gave a donation to Sloan . . . Sloan must also know . . . but it might be payback for something else.
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Take it back from Trudeau and the hard left. Everything doesn't have to be about dog whistles and burning crosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

Take it back from Trudeau and the hard left. Everything doesn't have to be about dog whistles and burning crosses.
                      Your spectrum is skewed if you think Trudeau and the Liberals are the "hard left."

The "hard left" despises Trudeau and the Liberals. Would you like to see the hard left really run the country? It would be an eye opener.

Comment

That may very well be what he's referring to, but there are those within their ranks that may interpret it with a much wider lens.

Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

Your spectrum is skewed if you think Trudeau and the Liberals are the "hard left."

The "hard left" despises Trudeau and the Liberals. Would you like to see the hard left really run the country? It would be an eye opener.
                          To me they are the hard left and further out is the harder left.. For you maybe they are fantastic....but then again who cares.

Comment

To me they are the hard left and further out is the harder left.. For you maybe they are fantastic....but then again who cares.
                            As a moderate, I dislike all three major parties. But as a moderate, I can tell the difference between left and hard left. I fear you've been led so far to the right that you've lost perspective. Or perhaps you take an American perspective, which does not align with the rest of the world. Biden is likely "left" to many Americans. You'll be calling O'Toole left soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

As a moderate, I dislike all three major parties. But as a moderate, I can tell the difference between left and hard left. I fear you've been led so far to the right that you've lost perspective. Or perhaps you take an American perspective, which does not align with the rest of the world. Biden is likely "left" to many Americans. You'll be calling O'Toole left soon.
                              I'm a member on another forum frequented by a lot of hardcore western conservatives who have already written O'Toole off as a Red Tory.

Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

That may very well be what he's referring to, but there are those within their ranks that may interpret it with a much wider lens.
                                Everybody interprets everything in their own manner. Just like Trudeau's "re-set." Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's the sign of forthcoming major changes.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X