Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

This will happen but it doesn't justify not getting vaccinated. The rare superspreader event involving a vaccinated person doesn't suddenly dissolve the best course of action or recommendations of health officials.
    Not looking for justification, just pointing out that vaccination status should not determine how one is treated in the public eye. Creating hate is my issue and its viewpoints like yours that promote hate and discrimination. Not wanting to inject an experimental substance in one's body because of questionable safety, effectiveness and cost benefit ratio, does not make someone a bad person. Needing to bribe people or shame/guilt someone into taking the jab, further reduces its credibility in my opinion- think about it for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingnut View Post

Nice to hear about some areas having some common sense.. I think we should change the rules in Ontario, everyone whos still scared can stay locked up and everyone else can act like nothing is happening.
      Like the 16,000 people who tested positive for COVID in Florida yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post

Not looking for justification, just pointing out that vaccination status should not determine how one is treated in the public eye. Creating hate is my issue and its viewpoints like yours that promote hate and discrimination. Not wanting to inject an experimental substance in one's body because of questionable safety, effectiveness and cost benefit ratio, does not make someone a bad person. Needing to bribe people or shame/guilt someone into taking the jab, further reduces its credibility in my opinion- think about it for a second.
        Not my stance. I think people who don't want to take the vaccine are foolish, not lesser human beings. I don't promote hate. I've argued with everyone on this forum at one time or another, hate is not my modus operandi. I confront issues, challenge thinking and try to contribute. I am not interested in shaming you. I think you are very wrong on this topic and I address that. I don t think a person who has objectively looked at the science describes this vaccine as "experimental" anymore. I think the same about your stance on safety and effectiveness. I don't think you understand risk assessment at all. That doesn't make you a bad person. I don't want people to face restrictions but I have no illusions that they might. I am not sure I would support all of them but I will understand some. I would prefer you read my posts and ask questions rather than misinterpret them by saying I promote hate. I don't think the science or reason is unclear on vaccines, in fact I'm sure it's not. I have no problem pointing that out. Disagreeing with you is not promoting hate, that's absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post
          Sorry guys, not sure how I missed this and if this story is true, maybe we should tone down the hate on the unvaccinated... Vaccinated person gives covid to another vaccinated person who subsequently give it to someone else and 75 kids got it eventually Low viral load in the vaxxed you say???

MM or just an amazing facsimile…..you be the judge.

Comment

Not my stance. I think people who don't want to take the vaccine are foolish, not lesser human beings. I don't promote hate. I've argued with everyone on this forum at one time or another, hate is not my modus operandi. I confront issues, challenge thinking and try to contribute. I am not interested in shaming you. I think you are very wrong on this topic and I address that. I don t think a person who has objectively looked at the science describes this vaccine as "experimental" anymore. I think the same about your stance on safety and effectiveness. I don't think you understand risk assessment at all. That doesn't make you a bad person. I don't want people to face restrictions but I have no illusions that they might. I am not sure I would support all of them but I will understand some. I would prefer you read my posts and ask questions rather than misinterpret them by saying I promote hate. I don't think the science or reason is unclear on vaccines, in fact I'm sure it's not. I have no problem pointing that out. Disagreeing with you is not promoting hate, that's absurd.
            I apologize for lumping you in the group of people who are promoting the message that the unvaxxed are causing the pandemic to persist by way of increasing transmission and causing the variants- my bad, and I'm sorry.

We can agree to disagree on the 'experimental' nature of the vaccines and risk assessment as we have totally different views and definitions of these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Like the 16,000 people who tested positive for COVID in Florida yesterday?
              AD, given the drastically different approach taken between California and Florida, what would you estimate the disparity would be for COVID deaths as a percentage of population?

California = 0.163%
              Florida = 0.180%

I have a few friends who moved to Florida after they completed their post-secondary schooling, and in speaking with them it is clear that for them, that marginal difference is 'the price of freedom'.

Anti-lockdown protests are becoming more and more common around the world, most recently in Australia. I watched a few 'on the ground' reporters who noted that the anti-lockdown movement is growing in Australia and the protests are getting larger, in asking anti-lockdown protesters if this was the first protest they attended, they said "yes" because "I've had enough". People want their lives back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Lol, can't let it go huh

Comment

Had about two posts from 2012 until a little while ago, now he’s hotter than a pistol.

Maybe MM is emailing him what to say.
                  Ping G410 Plus
                  Ping G410 3W
                  Ping G400 7W or 3H
                  Ping G400 4H
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                  Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                  Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Had about two posts from 2012 until a little while ago, now he’s hotter than a pistol.

Yup, I'm good puppet lol. Not that I have to explain myself but i happened to be looking for a specific club and after checking the sale section, I stumbled upon this thread and the rest is history. Being in B.C, I usually just browse this site occasionally when looking for something that i can't find locally or on ebay. So that's how I got here. Vaccinating children for this disease is something i am strongly against and we are where we are now. So that's it in a nutshell. Label me MM, don't really care. I like to argue and there are plenty of people here willing to argue with me so it's all a good, fun debate in my opinion. We can all agree to disagree at times and hopefully we all learn a bit along the way.

Cheers and if you want to keep thinking i'm MM, that just gives me a chuckle so keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

At a minimum he’s using the same playbook.

Comment

At a minimum he’s using the same playbook.
                        To be fair, you are hoping to minimize his opinion by associating him with someone he is not?

Comment

Who has said the unvaccinated are responsible for variants?
                          LInks to posts would be helpful.
                          Originally posted by NineNineSix View Post

However, the vast majority who are unvaccinated are so simply out of choice/laziness/stupidity/whatever you want to call it and it’s those people who allow the virus to continue to spread (and potentially mutate) and continue to infect those who have no choice as well as the unlucky few who are vaccinated and get a bad infection anyway.
                          Originally posted by Risky84 View Post
                          ...it is also my understanding that the longer this thing stays around it will continue to mutate and possibly mutate to something that the vaccines are not able to protect against , to me it sounds like the unvaccinated are posing a risk to society in general...
                          There's two references suggesting variants are driven by the unvaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfinseb View Post

To be fair, you are hoping to minimize his opinion by associating him with someone he is not?
                            It would be nice if his opinion would form some coherence and he’d stop using vague and debunked references to support his opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfinseb View Post

There's two references suggesting variants are driven by the unvaccinated.
                              I believe the science says mutations are more likely in an unchecked population over vaccine resistant strains. Probability and history tell us that's more likely. All the current known variants emerged from populations where the virus ran rampant. India, Brasil, etc.

Comment

It would be nice if his opinion would form some coherence and he’d stop using vague and debunked references to support his opinion.

It would be nice if you could refrain from character attacks.

Again, I don't believe vaccinations should be mandatory or coerced. I don't believe everyone should be vaccinated, end of story.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X