No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FDA approved a corona virus test that will give result in 45 minutes . . . Interesting.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
      Read that Trump is sending medical supplies to swing states first then blue states. Good campaign strategy.
      New York and California...you're on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Noone new this virus existed before December. A test had to be created first. Then you need to ramp up production of the test materials. Where is the stockpile for test kits going to come from for a disease noone knew we could get? The whole bloody world is fighting this and trying to get test kits too. Same for ramping up labs to actually evaluate the tests.

Possibly we could be doing better at that but again with my limited knowledge of what it takes to do it I’m not about to criticize the people trying to get it done. I’m pretty sure they are aware that faster and more widespread testing would be a big help.
        Not sure if what you said are totally true or not. SARs is now 17 years old and I really hope the world has learned by now and have a better ramp up speed to test for contagious disease especially respiratory ones. 4-5 days testing turn around is way too long and prob partly due to a lot of manual documentation and redundant process. Especially if someone can speed it up to 45mins within a 2 month period. I will say its not rocket scientist, just that world gets complacent again....

Comment

What I’m not going to do is criticize people who are trying to help. You have found something to complain about every possible approach so there is really no pleasing you.

I think both companies have enough smart people and enough resources to figure out how to best go about making a difference. Since I have not worked in either industry I’m going to just let them do what they know how to do.
          No I haven't found something to complain about "every possible" approach. I recommended an approach. Let current experts become the GC to expanding capacity. The gov't can help connect those companies with local plants with capacity, similar characteristics or tooling. They will also fund much of the expansion. I think that's the fastest approach to building a quality product quickly in numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

They will be on the podium shortly
            They’re on the podium now.
            TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
              Left wing anti-Trump biased news source which took 5 seconds to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

No I haven't found something to complain about "every possible" approach. I recommended an approach. Let current experts become the GC to expanding capacity. The gov't can help connect those companies with local plants with capacity, similar characteristics or tooling. They will also fund much of the expansion. I think that's the fastest approach to building a quality product quickly in numbers.
                Well if some people who can do something about it are taking time to read threads on TGN then maybe progress will speed up thanks to this.

Comment

Well if some people who can do something about it are taking time to read threads on TGN then maybe progress will speed up thanks to this.
                  The single fastest thing that can likely happen is to have competitors work together to narrow production down to one or two simplest units. Then all capacity (assembly, suppliers, sub-suppliers) can focus on building the parts for two simple units. Working together can easily identify choke points and expand that capacity by bringing new players in those avenues or adding equipment. It can be done, think war time munitions production. Deciding and then paying the players to give up their business plan for the short term is one issue. Paying for expanded capacity is another. You may have to buy the patients outright. All negotiable. I firmly believe this is the quickest way. Don't reinvent the wheel, simplify it and have everyone focused on building one or two models.

Comment

• US just surged to 3rd in the world in # of cases.

This thing spreads like wild fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                      US just surged to 3rd in the world in # of cases.

And North America is about two weeks behind as compared to when Italy started having problems.

This is gonna go from getting kinda bad to getting really fn bad very, very quickly.

Comment

• Sad News - Halton Region Conservation is closing all its parks. We are season pass holders and have recently enjoyed going for hikes along the Bruce trail. However recently the parks (Rattlesnake Point and. Hilton Falls) are overflowing with people. There is no one manning the gate - they are using the honour system and many of the visitors are not paying. Further large groups/families are sitting together at the picnic tables - not sure why they can’t understand what social distancing is....

Comment

• Originally posted by trunckslammer1 View Post
                          Hand Sanitizers - I am not sure if I should be posting this. We, as a manufacturer of high end skincare products are very aware of the morals of Manufacturers making certain claims. Because ALL Hand sanitizers need a DIN or NPN number provided by Health Canada, those on the market without them, are bootleg products. Health Canada, because of the crisis, is going to speed up the process for companies that wants to make these to get these numbers.

We, as a company has made a similar product, but we called them Hand Cleaner with Alcohol. We also make sure the Alcohol content is 70%. Within the next couple of months there will be lots of these products. Just do your own due diligence.

FYI, for the past 2 weeks, we had sold - on a wholesale level - close to 2,000 gallons of 70% rubbing alcohol. For a small manufacturer, that is a lot.
                          thanks for that DIN info

homemade alternatives to the questionable content in the bootleg stuff exist.
                          https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...on/4947807002/
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                            US just surged to 3rd in the world in # of cases.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETrJk3uX...png&name=small
                            March break.

The" Honey I'm Home" is now to be treates as an Ominous threat by every returning traveler

Friend called to say he is in isolation now. His wife returned from 3 weeks in the Philippines.
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

Left wing anti-Trump biased news source which took 5 seconds to find out.
                              So it didn’t happen?

Should I stick to credible sources like Faux News?
                              Ping G410 Plus
                              Ping G410 3W
                              Ping G400 7W or 3H
                              Ping G400 4H
                              Ping G400 5 - UW
                              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

I've seen several doctors on the news say while the best measure would be to test every there simply is not enough resources to do so
                                Thanks. I had not yet seen this addressed. The followup question would be what resources? We were supposedly ahead of the curve because of our experience with SARS.
                                In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                                and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X