This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

I wouldn't put any stock in that, he was gifted a high end team and never coached in the NHL before so walked into a pretty sweet gig.

Now do playoffs.
    You wouldn't put any stock in having literally the 2nd highest points % of any coach with 3+ seasons....ever? lol

Really tired of all the non-Leaf fans trolls who populate this thread year after year. I can't imagine for the life of me spending as much time in say an Ottawa Senators thread as some people do here.

Comment

• Shanahan is the president of this failed Toronto Maple Leaf team it’s time he started behaving like one.

1.Fire Dubas.
      2. Hire a new GM who doesn’t have a slide rule up his A$$
      3 Let his new GM make a final decision on Keefe

I am surprised that Shanahan still has a job at this point

Canada
      Callaway Epic GBB Accra F 260 M3
      Titleist TS2 16.5*
      Taylormade Rescue 22*
      4-PW Callaway Apex CF16 Accra 90i
      52* Clevland RTX 4.0
      56* Cleveland RTX 4.0
      Scotty Circa 62 # 7 35”

Florida
      Cobra F6
      R7 15*
      Nicket Ironwood 3 Hybrid 20*
      Srixon Z565 4-G Project X LZ 5.5
      Vokey 56* 60*
      Pyramid 34 “

Comment

• Originally posted by NineNineSix View Post

You wouldn't put any stock in having literally the 2nd highest points % of any coach with 3+ seasons....ever? lol

Really tired of all the non-Leaf fans trolls who populate this thread year after year. I can't imagine for the life of me spending as much time in say an Ottawa Senators thread as some people do here.
        Toronto buds are so
        easy to hate...we hear their fans over rate their team yr
        after yr.....what is it 50 some years since the last cup...lol

Comment

Forgive me, I wasn't aware this thread was limited to Leaf fans. My bad.

And, not a lot when gifted that team. Again, how's that playoff record? That's the only thing that really matters at the end of the day.

I am not trolling (trust me, you will know when I am), but you need to take those Leaf blinder glasses off. You do seem to struggle when someone has an opposing opinion of things on this thread. I get you are passionate and love the team, but it can be difficult to be objective with that much passion. I am guilty of that myself at times.

I spend my time in lots of threads, this one is no different and last time I checked, this was a discussion board. I'm a big NHL fan and there aren't a lot of threads on other teams and seeing as it's one of Ottawa's biggest rivals, I grew up in Southern Ontario, lived in Toronto for a few years, was a Leafs fan way back when, and most of my family and friends down there are Leaf fans, I follow the team.

And if you don't like my thoughts on things, don't read them and don't reply. Easy peasy.
          Last edited by Jeffc; Oct 18, 2022, 06:00 PM.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Come on, it is a discussion board. Jeff always bring some good points to the discussion. At NO point is he trolling . . . just his opinion.

You should get mad at your Leafs' fans for all the negative discussion because they lost 2 games . . . they are playing .500 and they want to fire the Coach . . . there is a reason Tort moves around . . . you don't want him in Toronto or nowhere close . . .
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

I wouldn't put any stock in that, he was gifted a high end team and never coached in the NHL before so walked into a pretty sweet gig.

Now do playoffs.
              Agreed, he walked into a potentially great situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

Come on, it is a discussion board. Jeff always bring some good points to the discussion. At NO point is he trolling . . . just his opinion.

You should get mad at your Leafs' fans for all the negative discussion because they lost 2 games . . . they are playing .500 and they want to fire the Coach . . . there is a reason Tort moves around . . . you don't want him in Toronto or nowhere close . . .
                Torts also takes very little to work with and gets themvery competitive. Hence the bubble and beating the Leafs rather easily. Torts could take over today and I bet he’ll make it out of the first round and probably to the Eastern Conference final.

Plus there’s a lot of stars out there that say Torts is the best coach they’ve ever had.
                Last edited by Lefty17; Oct 18, 2022, 11:51 AM.
                Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

Torts also takes very little to work with and gets themvery competitive. Hence the bubble and beating the Leafs rather easily. Torts could take over today and I bet he’ll make it out of the first round and probably to the Eastern Conference final.

Plus there’s a lot of stars out there that say Torts is the best coach they’ve ever had.
                  I would have been okay if they gave Boudreau a shot.
                  Ping G410 Plus
                  Ping G410 3W
                  Ping G400 7W or 3H
                  Ping G400 4H
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                  Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                  Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

I would have been okay if they gave Boudreau a shot.
                    He might be busy.

Comment

• If these guys want to bail because Torts is the coach can you really win with them then? Things get tough and they want to run makes sense since they can’t find the mental toughness to make it out of the first round.
                      Titleist TSi 3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                      Titleist TSi 3wd Ventus 7X
                      Taylor Made Stealth+ Hybrid 19.5 Kai lia 95x
                      Titleist T-100 KBS Tour 130x
                      Taylor Made Hi Toe 50-54-58 DGS400
                      Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                      Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                        If these guys want to bail because Torts is the coach can you really win with them then? Things get tough and they want to run makes sense since they can’t find the mental toughness to make it out of the first round.
                        It's early, everyone needs to relax. Last year they went 2-4-1 or something like that to start and the sky was falling. They got more points than any other Leaf team in history.

I do think Keefe is calling the guys out too early though and that can cause problems but I don't see any issues with them not making the playoffs and whatever happens after that is all that really matters.

MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

It's early, everyone needs to relax...
                          Dude. We're leafs fans. That's not how we roll.
                          In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                          and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Good to see they're saving something for the playoffs.

Comment

• Some of the best/most talented players on the Leafs' teams of the past 60 years 'bailed' because of the coach and/or organization.

The 'Big M' and Carl Brewer and Mike Walton because of their relationship or lack thereof with Punch Imlach.

Doug Jarvis pulled a Lindros before Eric was even born and refused to report/play for Toronto after being drafted by them.
                              Rick Kehoe demanded a trade from Toronto.

And eventually so did Darryl Sittler.

And then there were those who were moved largely because of adverse fan reaction or media attention. For example Larry Murphy and Bryan McCabe.

Players who were quickly moved after being traded for in bad one-sided trades so that their presence no longer embarrassed management or irked the fans. Like Tom Kurvers.

We may never know how many players with no trade/limited trade clauses in their contracts who had Toronto on their list of teams not to be traded to.

The Leafs' franchise seems to succeed when it has a 'larger than life' coach who can take the heat and the media attention off the players. Imlach, Pat Burns and Pat Quinn being the prime examples. Brian Burke didn't go behind the bench and became perhaps too much of a lightning rod for the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by High cut View Post

He might be busy.
                                For now. Might not have a long leash in Van.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X