No announcement yet.
Collapse

Random thoughts thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great photo of an ominous cloud formation.

Originally posted by Benz View Post

I was driving on Highway 400 northbound south of Barrie trying to outrun the donut-shaped cloud heading eastward toward Lake Simcoe. It looked similar to this cloud over Etobicoke in August 2015.

Initially it was just a lot of lightning and wind, but the hard rain hit just as I was entering Barrie. Had to pull over at the service centre for about 15 minutes before things calmed down. Click image for larger version

Name:	20150802_174711_alt1.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3438610
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• You see products in stores marketed as containing "ancient grains." Are we not paying our archaeologists enough that they have to resort to this sort of side-hustle?

Comment

• With 9/11 20 year anniversary just 2 days away, here's a story of USAF pilots I have never heard before.

Worth checking out:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
          With 9/11 20 year anniversary just 2 days away, here's a story of USAF pilots I have never heard before.

Worth checking out:

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years. I'm sure we can all remember where we were when we first heard and what we did for much of that day. I know I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years. I'm sure we can all remember where we were when we first heard and what we did for much of that day. I know I can.
            I was at work. Had Howard Stern on Q107 at the time and was listening to him. At first I thought he was pulling some BS stunt. I phoned my wife and just told her to turn on the TV. Next words from her mouth were “Oh my god” and then I knew it was for real. Howard’s coverage of the events that morning was very good if you ignore the occasional call to “nuke them.”

I left work early and went home and watched the coverage all day feeling stunned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
              I get ads that are based on the IP of our home Internet service. So what ever my wife and daughter search I get ads for.

Wish I could blame my wife but this one's probably for me....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dying liver.JPG Views:	0 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	3440730

Comment

• Rebecca Ferguson zoning out:

Comment

• As a general rule: the appearance of the word "TOUR" in the name of a golf product decreases the likelihood that it is used on any professional tour by roughly 87%.
                  Ping G410 Plus
                  Ping G410 3W
                  Ping G400 7W or 3H
                  Ping G400 4H
                  Ping G400 5 - UW
                  Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                  Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                  Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                  Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• This Gabby Petito case is such a sad story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                      This Gabby Petito case is such a sad story.

I agree. Once she was reported missing, I assumed she was dead. A real shame.

Comment

• Was there not a thread about the Huawei exec we detained in Vancouver? She’s taking a plea deal that results in paying a fine in the US? We started a political sheetstorm for that?

Comment

• Cycling civility. Bravo.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• One day, after joining the PGA tour in 1965, Lee Trevino, recently married, was at his home in
                            Dallas, Texas mowing his front lawn, as he always did.
                            A lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window and asked,
                            “Excuse me, do you speak English?"
                            Lee responded, “Yes Ma'am, I do."
                            The lady then asked, “What do you charge to do yard work?”
                            Lee said, "Well, the woman in this house lets me sleep with her."
                            The lady hurriedly put the car into gear and sped off.
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Lee Buck is a beast! Lol

Comment

• Most people don’t want to go to jail anywhere. Well you definitely do not want to in Ecuador! Holy crap! 116 dead and 5 of those the heads and bodies are not in 1 piece! Scary!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X