No announcement yet.
Collapse

Random thoughts thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worry that all the times I gave my female assistant a coffee with extra cream will come back to bite me in the azz.
    I like big putts and I cannot lie
    You other putters can't deny
    That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
    You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
      I sometimes wonder how many strangers I've passed by more than once.
      I wonder about how many near misses I have had with people I know. You know when it happens (running into a long lost friend, etc.) but what about the times it doesn't?
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• I have found school class mates from over sixty, yes 60 years ago on FB; that if I had bumped right into them and they said their name I would probably have said, what a coincidence I went to school with a guy with that name.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

I wonder about how many near misses I have had with people I know. You know when it happens (running into a long lost friend, etc.) but what about the times it doesn't?
          Reminds me of running into someone I used to work with, talking for about 20 minutes and when my wife asks "who was that?" I can't tell her, I just remember the face. Funny how I can remember every horrible golf shot I make...

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post

Reminds me of running into someone I used to work with, talking for about 20 minutes and when my wife asks "who was that?" I can't tell her, I just remember the face. Funny how I can remember every horrible golf shot I make...
            yep, at my high school reunion last year, someone mentioned a name that I hadn't heard in 30 years, I couldn't picture the face but the name was familiar. Even after he showed up, I still couldn't place him. Once I looked him up in the yearbook I knew exactly who it was but it was driving me nuts.
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• I still read the on-line version of the local news rag from my home town. Occasionally high school friends and acquaintances from the 60's and early 70's are pictured....not always in the court docket section, by the way. Unless there was a name attached, there is no way I would have recognized any of these people.

Once went to a function in the old home town and noted a very old priest with a large tuft of really gray hair. I thought to myself that the church is really hanging on to the old guard, who should really be well into retirement. Turns out the fellow was a high school classmate.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• I believe Russian operatives have infiltrated TGN.

Comment

• I too read my home town paper. Obituaries are the main reason. More and more I know the deceased. SIGH!
                  "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                    I believe Russian operatives have infiltrated TGN.
                    Strange that after you posted that; somebody deleted their post, so maybe you are on to something.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Can't wait for all the Walmart brawling Black Friday videos to start coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll View Post
                        Can't wait for all the Walmart brawling Black Friday videos to start coming out.
                        Wonder if there would be a market for a live video stream of security cameras or maybe edit the footage and sell a DVD.
                        Ping G410 Plus
                        Ping G410 3W
                        Ping G400 7W or 3H
                        Ping G400 4H
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Wonder if there would be a market for a live video stream of security cameras or maybe edit the footage and sell a DVD.
                          Probably not very profitable as there is a ton of it on YouTube for free: https://youtu.be/urEdEt24U_M

Comment

• Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Probably not very profitable as there is a ton of it on YouTube for free: https://youtu.be/urEdEt24U_M
                            I was joking, probably not the kind of press Wal-Mart is looking for.
                            Ping G410 Plus
                            Ping G410 3W
                            Ping G400 7W or 3H
                            Ping G400 4H
                            Ping G400 5 - UW
                            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• A cop is following me on Twitter. What the...

Comment

• An inch or so of snow falls and traffic in the GTA becomes a mess! What happens when it really snows?!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X