No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Even More Money For a Few Tour

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PB pro-am lineup is embarassing. They have Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Daniel Berger, Patrick Cantlay, and Will Zalatoris. The field is so thin they've got John, I mean Tommy Gainey getting a spot.

Meanwhile, at the Mohamed Bone Saw International alf a world away, they've got: Dustin Johnson,, Xander Schauffele, Bryson DeChambeau. Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau, Patrick Reed, Kevin Na, Camilla Cabello, Cameron Smith and Abraham Ancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
      The PB pro-am lineup is embarassing. They have Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Daniel Berger, Patrick Cantlay, and Will Zalatoris. The field is so thin they've got John, I mean Tommy Gainey getting a spot.

Meanwhile, at the Mohamed Bone Saw International alf a world away, they've got: Dustin Johnson,, Xander Schauffele, Bryson DeChambeau. Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau, Patrick Reed, Kevin Na, Camilla Cabello, Cameron Smith and Abraham Ancer.
      I think it's a good thing. It's basically the Asian tour with cash behind it. They are playing Black Mountain in Thailand next month, an amazing track. I'd much rather watch that then some of the very boring stops on the PGA tour. The PGA and Euro tours have some great events, but some of the "fillers" are of zero interest, especially to the elite players who only get up and grind for the big events. Gone are the days of Tiger trying to win everything.

Also adding, the Pro-Am is even weaker now with Will and Berger out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post

I think that’s why the PGA and DP world tour have the schedule they have this year and making it more of a joint venture to have more dollars at stake and keep those guys around.
        I would think the PGA Tour and European Tour could work together and create a more worldwide Tour.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I would think the PGA Tour and European Tour could work together and create a more worldwide Tour.
          That would mean the PGA losing sponsors and money, I doubt they would go for that.

Comment

Phil has some choice words for the PGA Tour...Calling the Tour greedy.

Note that Phil also just collected 8M of the 40M PiP prize money.

Phil Mickelson's frustration with how the PGA Tour handles players' media rights has him uncertain about his golf future: 'I’m not sure how this is going to play out'

Comment

The PB pro-am lineup is embarassing.

Yeah that’s a good way to put it. Still turns my stomach. Does anyone have any moral principles anymore?

Comment

Now that's funny. Phil must see the irony in his statement. Fans of the PGA Tour certainly do.

Phil has some choice words for the PGA Tour...Calling the Tour greedy.

Note that Phil also just collected 8M of the 40M PiP prize money.

Phil Mickelson's frustration with how the PGA Tour handles players' media rights has him uncertain about his golf future: 'I’m not sure how this is going to play out'

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post

Yeah that’s a good way to put it. Still turns my stomach. Does anyone have any moral principles anymore?
                  The only principles they have is the principal in their bank accounts.

Comment

Bada Boom ! Good zinger!

as for their principle,these player when asked would spell it Principal with interest as mentioned already.

truth is Phil has a point about the PGA greed and the players not having any digital rights to their shots.

if it weren't for his trillions nobody would take this Clown Prince 's tournament seriously ,except the PGA which would get their teeth kicked in.
                    Last edited by bl8d; Feb 3, 2022, 12:29 PM.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Doesn't anyone remember the money that the WHA was throwing around to entice NHL stars?

Comment

PGA Tour pros overwhelmingly fall into the "aggressive conservative" category for their political and social policy beliefs. Also, they tend to belong to the "cheap patriot, wave the flag, my country right or wrong" foreign policy school of thought. However, when it comes to their own financial benefit the only thing that seems to matter is how much someone is going to pay them.....no matter who that "someone" may be.

Besides being one of the most oppressive political regimes in the world with a terrible human rights record and suspected support of Islamic terror organizations, the role of influential Saudis in the 9/11 attack is an open question. What is known is that the majority of the 9/11 actors were Saudi nationals. You might think that PGA pros would be aware enough of these facts to steer clear of any linkage with Saudi Arabia no matter the amount of petro-dollars thrown their way.

Guess not, and the predictable response will be: "Hey, I'm just a pro golfer....I don't get involved in politics."......unless of course it will polish my image with the fans. Hypocrisy might be too mild a word for their behaviour.....not that any of them would care...or even be able to define the word.

Meanwhile, a venerable PGA Tour stop has to make do with a second tier of journeyman pros when many fans were expecting to see 'the best of the best". Hope we see some blowback in future events for those who chose blood dollars over loyalty to an organization that obscenely rewards them for playing a game well. It might be interesting to see how they answer some aggressive and pointed questions from the more socially aware media covering the Tour.

Comment

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                          Doesn't anyone remember the money that the WHA was throwing around to entice NHL stars?
                          It reminded me of the USFL too.

Most sports don't do well when trying to start a new league to challenge the dominant one.

Also.... Phil should be careful when accusing others of greed.
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                            Yup, I was thinking of that too.

Comment

I’m thinking players like Phil will use the threat of moving to another tour to persuade the PGA Tour to relinquish their hold on the rights to the players’ images and perhaps allow for a player’s association of some type to be formed, similar to those in the major team sports. Or maybe I’m naïve and he just wants more money.

Comment

What’s interesting to me is that, assuming I understand the Tour structure correctly, the pros themselves control the tour as its “owners”. They do so through a board and through executive officers. To say that the Tour is greedy is tantamount to saying that the members themselves are greedy. Do I have this right?

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
                                I’m thinking players like Phil will use the threat of moving to another tour to persuade the PGA Tour to relinquish their hold on the rights to the players’ images and perhaps allow for a player’s association of some type to be formed, similar to those in the major team sports. Or maybe I’m naïve and he just wants more money.
                                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X