Collapse

Clublink really needs to get there act together - rant

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Undervalued View Post
    I am a Clublink shareholder, I am really annoyed to hear this story. If you can provide further details, I will not hesitate to call the CFO.
    Thanks.
    It was long ago. My last year there was 2010 and the pro who was there then is no longer there. When we found out about this, we did make some noise and there were some short term repurcssions while it blew over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undervalued View Post
      A similar situation occurred at my Club, in Kelowna a decade ago. The pro shop was over riding the ballot draws and putting an hour's worth of tee times
      favoring a group of 20 privileged players every Saturday. After as thorough investigation by the board, the head pro rightfully lost his job. Rumor was he was getting paid by the players. There was also a movement to remove the members, which unfortunately did no occur.
      I am a Clublink shareholder, I am really annoyed to hear this story. If you can provide further details, I will not hesitate to call the CFO.
      Thanks.
      You should send the cfo this thread and allow him to see how members actually feel rather then hearing it from the proshops

Comment

• I've been a CL member for 10 years and by far worst experience this season. The course I'm a member of has made me feel like I'm not even a member there and just feels like a public course. Also, found out this year the 2 for 1 certificate up north at Joe an Rocky get 30-day access to tee times while full members only get 7 days advance how does that make any sense? Pathetic season. Hopefully, next year is better or it will be time to get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPete View Post
          Full visibility to the tee sheet would solve all of these problem. I am sorry but either Clublink has mass cancellations everyday, pro shops are blocking times and never releasing them or a combination of the two.

I was golfing in the morning a few weeks back in Uxbridge at a non-Clublink course and thought why not do 36 considering it was a misty day in the middle of the week and not super nice out so figured would be easy to grab a single slot. At 11:30 I called linkline and they didn't have a single slot available a Wyndance, Kings Riding, Emerald Hills or Diamondback UNTIL 5:00PM! I am sorry but this is simply not true because every time I play even on weekend there are threesomes and twosomes scattered across the course but no availability online. This needs to get fixed and a fully visibly tee sheet + increased cancellation penalties would help
          I've played multiple 2rounds a day past few weeks and didn't have much trouble getting tee time after finishing the morning round. I was able to get tee time within 30min -1 hour. My good luck maybe lol

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
          My issue is home clubs booking off tee times for certain people, I’ve signed on at 6:30 but the system never gave me a time prior to 740; even tho there were multiple times available prior to that I find it hard to believe that the system would never give me access to those times

confirmed with a disgruntled assistant pro that those times are blocked off for a certain group of members that get that time every single week.

another issue is they should 100% enforce home club play.. if you don’t play 60 percent of your games @ your home club they should make you move to another club.

and for the love of god put a fee on players playing above their level.

while we’re on the clublink topic... they really need to address course conditions they are embarrassing this year, covid is not an excuse, play is not an excuse tpc is slammed morning till night everyday and their courses are perfect
          If CL charges fee for players playing above their level and restrict portion of rounds to be played at home club then it defeats the whole purpose of CL.

Any ways I don't know what's up with your home course but I don't have problem getting early morning tee times at my home club. Maybe because we have two courses to choose from not sure why. Maybe b/c I don't book 4somes but as 2 or as single.

Comment

• I just can’t get over the fact that the courses are so beat up... tpc gets just as much play and is in flawless shape

clublink didn’t lose money this year they added so many new members they’ve had to close off new additions at some clubs but yet the courses are in the worst shape they’ve ever been

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
              #3 . Playing with a Wyndance member yesterday in general conversation I asked him how he likes it there cause my wife loves it. He said for the most part it is great but this year he has ran into multiple issues where non home club members of a certain demographic have refused to pair up/allow him to join their group and the starters let them go out as a 3some and have him follow as a single...WTF???????????????????? Why would they have the advantage over a home club member , why would a single follow a 3some and more importantly who are they to say who they can and can't play with?

Clublink Corp needs to do some serious customer service training imo.
              I've experienced this at Wyndance before, thank god I didn't renew my CPC this year, I checked all the bad reviews start of the season and I just couldn't pull the trigger (also heard there's a waiting list to "renew"). Sorry to hear about that marshall harassing you, sounds like a total dbag who just feel like harassing people. I've had one experience like that but its not with CL, Tam O years back, played with bunch of nuts there, Marshall saw me holding an iron on #7, asks me why I'm waiting and I'm like because they're on my range laughs and tells me to go ahead, hit my tee shot ball landed on the roof of the group ahead of us, told him to go apologize to them. I think they should filter the people they assign as marshalls to be honest, some just picks up balls (while you're in their fairway), others dont do anything at all, most just harasses you like where do you want me to go? Such a **** show this year almost everywhere!
              Cobra King F7
              Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
              Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
              Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
              Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
              Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

• I have no complaints about course conditions...KR, KV, DB, NP, WY, CC and SC are all in great shape.
                The demand for times has been exceptional but if you get on at 7:00 you will get an early time at your Home Course. I’ve played NP six times this year and easily got an 8:00am tee times for four...and it’s not my home course.
                My pro has arranged times for me at DB and EH.
                Nothing is perfect so people need to stop complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                  I have no complaints about course conditions...KR, KV, DB, NP, WY, CC and SC are all in great shape.
                  The demand for times has been exceptional but if you get on at 7:00 you will get an early time at your Home Course. I’ve played NP six times this year and easily got an 8:00am tee times for four...and it’s not my home course.
                  My pro has arranged times for me at DB and EH.
                  Nothing is perfect so people need to stop complaining.
                  I’m going to assume you’re not a low cap if you think the conditions are good at all these courses king valley is in absolutly embarrassing condition.

nothing is perfect? With what clublink charges there’s a level of expectation that needs to be met and it’s not being met at all this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

I’m going to assume you’re not a low cap if you think the conditions are good at all these courses king valley is in absolutly embarrassing condition.

nothing is perfect? With what clublink charges there’s a level of expectation that needs to be met and it’s not being met at all this year
                    What does your cap have to do with one’s expectations for course conditions? I’m a 9.5 HI but am a realist when it comes to expectations which must be tempered a host of other factors.

Maybe Clublink should hire low cap greenskeepers?

i played KV yesterday and the course conditions were far from embarrassing, however my game was.

Guess you need to reconsider staying at Clublink if you are unhappy...us high cappers will not miss you.

Comment

I just can’t get over the fact that the courses are so beat up... tpc gets just as much play and is in flawless shape

clublink didn’t lose money this year they added so many new members they’ve had to close off new additions at some clubs but yet the courses are in the worst shape they’ve ever been
                      Can provide the numbers of rounds played at TPC and at Clublink courses or is this just what you think?

Comment

I’m going to assume you’re not a low cap if you think the conditions are good at all these courses
                        Huh? What does ability have to do with that? I think you meant to say new golfer, yes?
                        – Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Can provide the numbers of rounds played at TPC and at Clublink courses or is this just what you think?
                          130 at clublink
                          10 at tpc

Comment

130 at clublink
                            10 at tpc
                            So you are paying $40 to $50 per round.

Maybe that is Clublinks problem, they should be charging people the TPC rate and they could provide better conditions.

The CL courses I have had the opportunity to play have been just fine, maybe not like some higher fee courses but would not say they are an embarrassment.

I am not a fan of the Spring Lakes/Vespra Hills method of payment but maybe it has its upsides. Those who have the time to play more would pay more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netz View Post

So you are paying $40 to $50 per round.

Maybe that is Clublinks problem, they should be charging people the TPC rate and they could provide better conditions.

The CL courses I have had the opportunity to play have been just fine, maybe not like some higher fee courses but would not say they are an embarrassment.

I am not a fan of the Spring Lakes/Vespra Hills method of payment but maybe it has its upsides. Those who have the time to play more would pay more.
                              Your logic is flawed my rate per round isn’t the average there’s guys in clublink who have played sub 20 rounds; ClubLink’s average is 35 rounds per year no reason they shouldn’t be maintained to the same standard as tpc

the guest rate at any gold club or higher is more then tpc charges

Comment

Your logic is flawed my rate per round isn’t the average there’s guys in clublink who have played sub 20 rounds; ClubLink’s average is 35 rounds per year no reason they shouldn’t be maintained to the same standard as tpc

the guest rate at any gold club or higher is more then tpc charges
                                Anyone playing only 35 rounds a year at CL is wasting their money. Anyone <20 should rethink how they spend their money on golf.

I have paid guest fees at CL and did not pay the TPC rate.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X