Collapse

National Pines

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Pines

Heard that NP will be in the rotation next year but after that is a big question mark.
    Rumour has it that Friday Harbour Resort has purchased it but that has not been confirmed.

rotation for what?

Comment

Clublink

Comment

Fantastic course ( that kicked my arse last time ) so , if true good news that it will remain in play. If FH takes over that opens it to the public ( I assume) which is also good.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Fantastic course ( that kicked my arse last time ) so , if true good news that it will remain in play. If FH takes over that opens it to the public ( I assume) which is also good.
          There are also multiple developers lurking so we will have to wait to find out it's fate.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

There are also multiple developers lurking so we will have to wait to find out it's fate.
            Lets hope they don't get their hands on this gem

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Friday Harbour are developers. Question would be whether they want to build around a second golf course if they are in fact taking over.

A shared vision. Friday Harbour is a masterstroke of master planning. With the combined foresight and strength of four of Canada’s leading developers and businessmen, Friday Harbour is visionary realized.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Friday Harbour are developers. Question would be whether they want to build around a second golf course if they are in fact taking over.

https://www.fridayharbour.com/leadership
                Good point

Comment

Residential development of National Pines would have to climb some steep hills.

Most of the property straddles Love Creek and is environmentally protected. There are serious flood plain issues - the entire property does not drain well even after many installations of french drains and regrading. The property is not serviced for water, sewer and electrical infrastructure. Finally, NP is in Inisfil Township not Barrie. Inisfil does not have the tax base of Barrie and most likely would balk at funding the infrastructure build out required. The Province's recent restrictions on collecting development fees removes a significant source of funds for municipalities to support infrastructure builds.

IMO the most likely outcome is that the course returns to the owners after the CL lease expires and they seek another operating entity. Let us hope they do not choose Golf North....one look at Bond Head is enough to predict disaster if that happens.

Comment

Anyone have any updates on what is going on with National?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                      Residential development of National Pines would have to climb some steep hills.

Most of the property straddles Love Creek and is environmentally protected. There are serious flood plain issues - the entire property does not drain well even after many installations of french drains and regrading. The property is not serviced for water, sewer and electrical infrastructure. Finally, NP is in Inisfil Township not Barrie. Inisfil does not have the tax base of Barrie and most likely would balk at funding the infrastructure build out required. The Province's recent restrictions on collecting development fees removes a significant source of funds for municipalities to support infrastructure builds.

IMO the most likely outcome is that the course returns to the owners after the CL lease expires and they seek another operating entity. Let us hope they do not choose Golf North....one look at Bond Head is enough to predict disaster if that happens.
                      In fairness to Golf North that happened while ClubLink was still running the course.

Comment

National Pines member here, no news yet, rumours are like Maple Leaf rumours...don't believe anything until they happen. Praying that it stays a CL course.

Comment

At the Vespra Hills information session tonight, the first question asked was about the Pines. The answer was they’re still working on it and hope to work things out, but no news.

Comment

I think people care more about NP than Vespra. Lol. That said, even though Vespra's a bit of a hike for me, I'm glad there's an additional option. I'm sure I'll get out there a few times this year.
                            Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                            TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                            TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                            Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                            TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                            Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                            Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                            LAB Mezz, Accra
                            Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

National Pines members got the email today from Clublink that this is indeed the final year. They mentioned a new partner for NP, but didn't say who...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X