Collapse

National Pines

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrieboy View Post
    National Pines members got the email today from Clublink that this is indeed the final year. They mentioned a new partner for NP, but didn't say who...
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Comment

Score article on National Pines 21 year management/lease deal.

Who owns NP? Article suggests it's member owned and privately owned at the same time.

Comment

I think this makes it a bit more clear:

/CNW/ - Purposeful Golf is excited to announce it has entered into a 21-year lease agreement to manage National Pines Golf Club in Innisfil, Ont., effective...

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Who owns NP? Article suggests it's member owned and privately owned at the same time.

https://scoregolf.com/news-story/ont...s-grand-plans/
        Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

Wow - that sounds like excellent news for the members of NP.

I think it's a terrific course, and will have to take advantage of a CL friend to get on before it changes hands again.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

TBH....was a nice to ok course, not worth the drive from Toronto to play...Friday Harbour way better, but didnt think Friday Harbour was amazing either
            Perhaps NP grows over time?
            Compared to Rocky, note even close....

Comment

Course was much nicer without the sprawl that’s come up around the edges.

Comment

Well that will be interesting for us members at Vespra Hills. Joining CL gives us an in to the Pines, but that’s obviously for 2024 only. I know I’m not paying the CL up charge this year, I’m going to be just a Vespra Hills member.

Comment

Hmm. If National Pines goes to a no initiation model with reasonable dues, I might give it a go. Longer drive than i'd like, but not outside the realm of possibility for weekend mornings.
                  10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
                  16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
                  20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
                  4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
                  Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                    Well that will be interesting for us members at Vespra Hills. Joining CL gives us an in to the Pines, but that’s obviously for 2024 only. I know I’m not paying the CL up charge this year, I’m going to be just a Vespra Hills member.
                    Ask your pro if there's any chance for him to set up reciprocals between VH and NP next year. Might be attractive to the new NP management group. It could be just for the non CL members like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
                      National Pines is a fantastic course. It's one ( or was ) of the best in the CL lineup.

Long, difficult and a beautiful setting.

If you have access you should play it . ...if you want company...fire me a note but it typically gets the better of me. We had a 2 day event at it and The Nest and NP , IMO is so much better. Not that Nest is bad, it's quite fine ....to me Carrick courses are all very cookie cutter and similar
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

https://scoregolf.com/news-story/ont...s-grand-plans/
                        So know one has answered this question.
                        Who owns NP?

I know of Clublink but not in depth.
                        Do they own all the clubs they operate or just offer golf course management to some courses under the Clublink banner?

Comment

Ask your pro if there's any chance for him to set up reciprocals between VH and NP next year. Might be attractive to the new NP management group. It could be just for the non CL members like yourself.
                          Great idea. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

National Pines is a fantastic course. It's one ( or was ) of the best in the CL lineup.

Long, difficult and a beautiful setting.

If you have access you should play it . ...if you want company...fire me a note but it typically gets the better of me. We had a 2 day event at it and The Nest and NP , IMO is so much better. Not that Nest is bad, it's quite fine ....to me Carrick courses are all very cookie cutter and similar
                            It’s been awhile, but I’ve played Pines a few times. If I can get out there, I’ll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                              So know one has answered this question.
                              Who owns NP?

I know of Clublink but not in depth.
                              Do they own all the clubs they operate or just offer golf course management to some courses under the Clublink banner?
                              NP is owned by the estate of the deceased owner, i.e., the family owns the course, not CL, not the members. CL owns most of the courses in its stable, the corporation even built courses in a previous incarnation. I am aware of only two management deals, now both defunct, Bond Head and NP. Not sure about Glendale, Georgetown and some of the Florida courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

NP is owned by the estate of the deceased owner, i.e., the family owns the course, not CL, not the members. CL owns most of the courses in its stable, the corporation even built courses in a previous incarnation. I am aware of only two management deals, now both defunct, Bond Head and NP. Not sure about Glendale, Georgetown and some of the Florida courses.
                                Vespra Hills is privately owned, the CL arrangement is a management deal.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X