Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clublink Corner

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
    I am hoping for the "Toronto Golf Club" but more likely Osprey valley.
    osprey Valley would be awesome. Its only 30 minutes from home,

Comment

CL Getting ready for online booking??

"The Members Only section will be temporarily unavailable due to a major network infrastructure upgrade, beginning Friday, March 11, at 4 p.m. Service will resume on Monday, March 14, at 1 p.m. If you have any immediate questions about Members Only or your membership during that time, please contact Member Services at 1-800-273-5113.

We thank you for your patience."

Comment

Originally posted by exile View Post

"The Members Only section will be temporarily unavailable due to a major network infrastructure upgrade, beginning Friday, March 11, at 4 p.m. Service will resume on Monday, March 14, at 1 p.m. If you have any immediate questions about Members Only or your membership during that time, please contact Member Services at 1-800-273-5113.

certainly sounds like it
        The current gamers:
        Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 10.5*
        Adams Speedline Fast 10 3 Wood
        Adams IDEA A7 19* Hybrid
        Callaway X20 Tour 4-PW
        Nike SV Tour 52 60
        Odyssey White Hot Tour #2

TGN's resident 'Skins fan

Comment

The best deal around is most likely to be Glendale in Hamilton. Depending on where you live that opens up Heron Point to you which is arguably the best course in Clublink. Glencairn for me is not so much an acquired taste as a love/hate relationship with Links golf. When the rough is grown in it might as well be a water hazard. You're not finding your ball in there. If you don't like bunkers, stay away. In my opinion if they had put 18 holes there instead of 27 (some of them tricked up) it could have been one of the top courses in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfnut4211 View Post
            The best deal around is most likely to be Glendale in Hamilton. Depending on where you live that opens up Heron Point to you which is arguably the best course in Clublink. Glencairn for me is not so much an acquired taste as a love/hate relationship with Links golf. When the rough is grown in it might as well be a water hazard. You're not finding your ball in there. If you don't like bunkers, stay away. In my opinion if they had put 18 holes there instead of 27 (some of them tricked up) it could have been one of the top courses in Canada.
            I love Glen Cairn and even if the fescue is up, they have very generous landing areas. The only hole I can't stand is the par 5 with the layup off of the tee on Scotch Block, that hole gives me friggin fits.

Comment

ha ha..... Why Bern, just hit your 6 iron or whatever 3 times and get on in reg.

Originally posted by Bern View Post
              I love Glen Cairn and even if the fescue is up, they have very generous landing areas. The only hole I can't stand is the par 5 with the layup off of the tee on Scotch Block, that hole gives me friggin fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Onin3 View Post
                ha ha..... Why Bern, just hit your 6 iron or whatever 3 times and get on in reg.

I got it wrong the hole is number 6 on Speyside that gives me fits.
                The first shot set's up best with a fade, the second with a fade, and the third with a draw into the green.
                If I use three 6 irons, my 175-180 club I'm still 60 yards short, my second shot would be messing with the crap and I bring the bunker into play off my drive. It's 340 from the gold's to carry the valley.
                If I'm playing conservatively it's a 4iron or an easy 3 hybrid off of the tee. A 5 iron and then an 7 iron.
                230(downhill)
                The big if, is the lie you get after the drive, most of the time you have a big hook lie on a downslope.

Comment

Originally posted by exile View Post

Hmmmmm..

No online booking available still..

Comment

Bern,

I agree, that is a terrible hole and I'm not sure how anyone can defend it. A long-iron lay up with no option of hitting driver on a par 5 is not a well-designed hole.
                    http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.com/

Comment

Of the three 9's at Glencairn, Speyside is the one I like the least.

Comment

Originally posted by laps View Post
                        Of the three 9's at Glencairn, Speyside is the one I like the least.
                        Agreed,

I like playing Scotch Block, Leithfield in that order.

Comment

If I had to pick I will go with this combo as well.

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                          Agreed,

I like playing Scotch Block, Leithfield in that order.

Comment

Sweet Deal if any one wants to Join let me know. I can get another feather in my cap.

Comment

does anyone remember when rolling hills opened last year? or when the championship course opened? thanks tigerphan
                              Living the dream

Fitness fanatic, always willing to help other golf nuts with their fitness.

Comment

It was already open by this time last year. I doubt you will see it open until Apr.3 or so... its been a regular winter.

Originally posted by tigerphan View Post
                                does anyone remember when rolling hills opened last year? or when the championship course opened? thanks tigerphan

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X