Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clublink Corner

If you like challenging putting and a tight course then Cherry Downs is an excellent option. If you tend to spray your shots then it will be a frustrating place to play. Last year their greens were a nightmare but normally they are incredible. The clubhouse needs to get hit by lightning.
    Station Creek, I really can't say anything redeeming about it, I find it boring to play. Good to play if you want to hit a low number.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
      The clubhouse needs to get hit by lightning.
      i heard they were thinking of declaring it a historical site and preserving it for future generations
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
        i heard they were thinking of declaring it a historical site and preserving it for future generations
        I'm all for historical properties, IF they are historically significant. I see no value in my tax dollars going into propping up an old building simply because it's old. An old clubhouse in the middle of no where isn't historically significant IMO

Comment

Hi guys - first time clublinker here - really looking forward to the season and enjoy reading the posts.

Just to weigh in on the SC v. CD debate - I find the SC South course to be an interesting course with some great hole, especially on the front 9. The North course is very boring and just goes back and forth. CD is a nice course too.

Comment

Originally posted by nps870 View Post
            Could a few CL members chime in on Station Creek vs. Cherry Downs.
            SC North - ok layout, perfect for begineers and high cappers...great for seniors and family type golf...and its flat, perfect for an easy walk

SC South - good fun layout more challenging than the North with elevation changes on one of the nines...good for mid to high cappers and a decent challenge for long hitters from the tips...some tough holes to walk and carry

Cherry Downs - as some mentioned, tight with lots of elevation... plays very difficult if course is hard and dry as ball will roll off of fairways and the undulating greens will usually be lighting fast

Comment

That's a fair analysis. So I've got a question for experienced CL'ers. I know that peak times are very difficult to book, and almost impossible at a course that's not your home course. I'm just wondering, what hours are peak times until. For example, if I want to play Wyndance or Glencairn at 1pm on a Sunday, is that still peak time? How about 3pm ish?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilFan View Post
                That's a fair analysis. So I've got a question for experienced CL'ers. I know that peak times are very difficult to book, and almost impossible at a course that's not your home course. I'm just wondering, what hours are peak times until. For example, if I want to play Wyndance or Glencairn at 1pm on a Sunday, is that still peak time? How about 3pm ish?
                as a single or booking a foursome. i have played just about every cl course at "peak times" as a single with absolutely no problem. just show up and they'll get you out within an hour.

TM Rescue 17*
                TM M2 4-AW
                TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

I'm all for historical properties, IF they are historically significant. I see no value in my tax dollars going into propping up an old building simply because it's old. An old clubhouse in the middle of no where isn't historically significant IMO
                  i'm sorry, i was totally joking. that place is a ramshackle knock-down waiting to happen

TM Rescue 17*
                  TM M2 4-AW
                  TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                    i'm sorry, i was totally joking. that place is a ramshackle knock-down waiting to happen

I'm completely with you, no apology necessary. I suspect more than a few people would like to see that place go.

Comment

Thanks Ace - I was wondering more in terms of a foursome.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilFan View Post
                        Thanks Ace - I was wondering more in terms of a foursome.
                        much tougher. basically have to have one of the foursome who's a member at that course, lol.

TM Rescue 17*
                        TM M2 4-AW
                        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

actually you need 2 home course members -it's 1:1 ratio

Comment

Highland Gate- can't say I am motivated though. Check in with me.

Rob

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
                            Where are you playing? Being a clublink rookie I completely forgot about this planning 1 week in advance thing. I really need that electronic system for getting tee times.

Comment

Bern, I want a low number!
                              CD has good food inside once you get past the old paint and dreary looking house of clubhouse.

If you like challenging putting and a tight course then Cherry Downs is an excellent option. If you tend to spray your shots then it will be a frustrating place to play. Last year their greens were a nightmare but normally they are incredible. The clubhouse needs to get hit by lightning.
                              Station Creek, I really can't say anything redeeming about it, I find it boring to play. Good to play if you want to hit a low number.

Comment

we are playing 9:33 on Sat.
                                Aren't you sharing some of your tee time Rob?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X