No announcement yet.
Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster. So many other courses easily took tee times yesterday. Clublink seems entirely unprepared.
    Whats In the Titleist Leightweight 14-Way

Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F
    Titleist 915H
    Titleist AP1 4-W
    Titleist Vokey SM4. 5408, 5810

Titleist Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Station Creek GC

Comment

• Should have opened a betting line yesterday will the Clublink website crash in the morning? Mortal lock yes

Comment

• They just posted an update on Instagram.. "we will advise you shortly of a restart for booking."

Great...

Comment

• Would have been so easy to avoid by keeping a grouping of clubs at different times i.e. Glendale & Heron point at 7:00am, Glencairn & Greystone at 7:30am etc. Would have easily controlled site traffic and the flow of phone calls. Website/Call Center management 101 when peaks are expected

Comment

• C'mon...did we really expect CL to execute this flawlessly. It's the same every year, even under normal circumstances. How many times have you started a season and the pro shop or kitchen is out of something - like it was a surprise that you were going to open?
            What's In The Bag?
            Titleist 909 D3 Diamana Red X Stiff
            Titleist 910 F2
            Mizuno MP63 4-PW S300
            Vokey 50*
            Vokey 56*
            Vokey 62*
            Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5
            Pro-V1

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPete View Post
              Would have been so easy to avoid by keeping a grouping of clubs at different times i.e. Glendale & Heron point at 7:00am, Glencairn & Greystone at 7:30am etc. Would have easily controlled site traffic and the flow of phone calls. Website/Call Center management 101 when peaks are expected
              Exactly. Have to think that's the way they're going to do it now. If they announce a new time for everyone it's just going to crash again. My buddy has been on hold since 7AM - not convinced he will get a hold of anyone.

Comment

• I called right at 7AM... I've literally watched the entire Battle of Winterfell and still haven't spoken to anyone. So much for being excited to golf!

Comment

• It took me 30 mins on hold but I did end up getting my time for Sat at my course (KV).

Comment

• Same experience...except we got through to a booking agent, had a 2some time at our home club but could not complete the booking. We, my wife and I, had suspended auto payments when CL delayed opening. Yesterday we sent e-mails requesting they resume debits....but were blocked out of the t-sheet because of the account issue. So, back to square one....finally got through to an overwhelmed staffer and got a time, plus account issue settled. Really, no way to treat 20+ year members.....or the CL staff.

But really? CL knew or should have known exactly what volume they would be getting...and how it would crash both the website and the phone lines. As someone said, website, phone centre management 101... Segment access either by home club or member name alphabetically. If you can't do that automatically, at least make it part of the announcement....at least some of the membership will get the message.

Complete failure of management. John Finlayson, this one is on you.

Comment

• Prestige courses get front of the line response as they should.

Comment

• Finally got through online. Booked my homeclub.. those were the only options showing up online..

Comment

• I finally got thru and booked time at KR.

Comment

• If it makes anyone feel better the Hamilton Golf & Country Club website just crashed as well when tee times opened. Absolute madness

Comment

• Not so sure I am a fan of ClubLink's new "lottery" system. Oh well, first world problem.

Comment

• Logged in using online portal, only date available is May 15th (today), can't select May 16th. Tried to get through all morning on linkline, always busy. Tried linkline phone again and got an automated message saying "technical difficulties, and no tee times can be booked, but will restart again soon".

There's been a lot of "first world problem" chatter, and I would agree if complaints were related to not having ball washers, or that restaurants aren't open. But this is a large sum of money paid to club link every year, and to not be able to access the most basic service you have purchased is more than a little frustrating.

If your car cost you $8k/year in lease fees and didn't even start, I don't think anyones reaction would be "first world problems". I believe the anger here is quite justified.
                                Last edited by lbeau049; May 15, 2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X