Collapse

OK Splill it, Your favorite hidden gem / courses that fly under the radar

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Splill it, Your favorite hidden gem / courses that fly under the radar

I'm sure we've done this before but why not again. What Ontario courses have you played that are lesser known hidden gems that might not be so well known and fly under some folks radar. 20 years ago it would have been Oakridge but that secret is long out.

For me:

Shelter Valley Pines: beatiful setting, good conditions, interesting mix of holes, good price

Pines of Georgina: again nice setting, good mix of holes, good conditions, good price

Lively Golf Club: perhaps my fav and best short/cottage course in Ontario: challenging, great conditions, fun and cheap. 18th hole is one of the best finishing holes there is

Smugglers Glen: maybe a bit better known than above but an all around excellent course. A tad pricey

honourable mention : Renfrew Golf Club
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Out Kingston way I have always enjoyed Glen Lawrence.
    TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
    TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
    Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
    Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
    Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
    Vokey SM4 50/54/58
    Odyssey Toe-Up #1
    Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

I personally love Innerkip Highlands. Calling it under the radar as nobody in my fairly large golf circle has stepped foot on the property or heard of it for that matter. Always seems like a round out there (whether 8am or 12pm) speeds by...really enjoy that track

Comment

• Shelter Valley Pines
        • Pike Lake
        • Parry Sound GC
        • Glendale
        • Scenic Woods
        • Marvel Rapids
        • Bay of Quinte

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Peel Village
          Midland Golf & CC

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
            The Glen is no more. Ever time I played it it was in terrible shape, but it had good bones and with some investment it could have been a pretty solid track for the Kingston area. I don't remember which developer picked it up, but the speculation is that it'll become houses, especially with the 3rd crossing being built.

Management of Glen Lawrence Golf Club announced on its Facebook page this week that the club, which has been operating east of Kingston for 63 years, has been…

Comment

I've become a fan of Napanee whenever I'm out visiting my parents. It has a lot of quirks and is actually not much fun to play with a full/modern set, but I've played it with a half bag and with hickories and it was a blast. A couple of really good par 3s and great undulating fairways that are nice challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
                I've become a fan of Napanee whenever I'm out visiting my parents. It has a lot of quirks and is actually not much fun to play with a full/modern set, but I've played it with a half bag and with hickories and it was a blast. A couple of really good par 3s and great undulating fairways that are nice challenge.
                Have 'walked it' a couple of times but never played a full 9 holes.
                Heard that Sam Snead's longstanding course record has finally been bested.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post

The Glen is no more. Ever time I played it it was in terrible shape, but it had good bones and with some investment it could have been a pretty solid track for the Kingston area. I don't remember which developer picked it up, but the speculation is that it'll become houses, especially with the 3rd crossing being built.

https://www.thewhig.com/news/local-n...d-to-be-closed
                  What is the 3rd crossing? Thanks
                  Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Val D'Or in North Western Quebec is a very nice course and on Thursday it is half price. An absolute steal. Hawkesbury Golf and Country course is also a nice course. Not the course in Town . . . this one is about 8 minutes past Hawkesbury on HWY 17 toward Montreal.
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Cranberry and Lora Bay are hardly hidden gems BUT if you are playing either of those or anything in Collingwood area, I suggest TOMAHAWK golf course in Thornbury... a true hidden gem pre-google maps as it was nearly impossible to find even for locals.

Tomahawk is a short game prep course where longest holes are 150yards and most are less than a full wedge with plenty of 50-75 yarders. It costs $5-10 a round which is less than a bucket of balls and will do wonders for preparing your short game for the big boy courses like Lora Bay down the street.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothBomber View Post
                        Cranberry and Lora Bay are hardly hidden gems BUT if you are playing either of those or anything in Collingwood area, I suggest TOMAHAWK golf course in Thornbury... a true hidden gem pre-google maps as it was nearly impossible to find even for locals.

Tomahawk is a short game prep course where longest holes are 150yards and most are less than a full wedge with plenty of 50-75 yarders. It costs $5-10 a round which is less than a bucket of balls and will do wonders for preparing your short game for the big boy courses like Lora Bay down the street.
                        Locally known as The Hawk, they had some bad *** or asses around recently.

Tomahawk Golf@golf_tomahawk
                        Good morning from The Hawk. Staff would like to thanks the individuals who keep using our greens as a tee. The extra maintenance is greatly appreciated. @Town_Blue_Mtns
                        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
                          It closed for good a few weeks back. I was a junior member there way back when and where I learned to play
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Not so hidden but I think Indian Wells is a gem for the price and early morning rounds can be fast. Dragons fire is fun to play and mid week mid morning fast rounds can be found. Tyandaga used to be on my list. Lots of fun holes and interesting shots but I have no idea when it’s not super slow so I avoid it. Chedoke Bedoe (sp) gets an honourable mention
                            TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                            TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                            TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                            Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                            Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                            100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

BUNKER HILL / AJAX ..... Huge hidden gems, short with beautiful changes in elevation but most impressive are the conditions... immaculate

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X