X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

Wow...earliest opening ever.
    Maybe for that location.

Back in the 1990's can't remember the exact years, we played our last game at Cardinal December 15th, there was a foot of snow next day, and then we played our first came there the following year on March 15th.
    That's the shortest Winter break I remember for Newmarket Aurora area but others may recall even shorter ones. .
    Then there was Richview GC I believe it was called that IIRC never hardly ever closed
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Columbus opens Friday

Comment

Anyone played Brookfield yet this season? I'm curious what the situation is with temp greens and tee boxes, as well as conditions. I assumed that at this time of year everywhere would be temps and no tee boxes, but played Bantys last week and was surprised to see that all of the greens and tees were open as normal. Tried calling but can't get in touch with anyone at the course, just the Golf North message system.

TIA

Comment

Indian Wells open this weekend, $49 walking, power carts also available apparently but would assume cart path only.

Comment

Lowville opens on the weekend. They are fully booked though. Anyone know of any courses closer to the GTA that are open? I would love to play on Sunday. I live in Toronto but am willing to drive as far as Niagara.

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
              Columbus opens Friday
              11:40 Sunday. It's going to be great to get out again.

Comment

I played Brookfield last Wednesday. Winter golf. It was 18c, so a nice walk in the snow. Tee boxes were open, half the fairway shots were in snow. Temporary greens, no putting. Fun to do once. I would wait a bit for that course.

Comment

Originally posted by RobHollow View Post
                  Carrickmacross GC is opening tomorrow for the season! Both the range and the golf course

Carrickmacross Golf Carrickmacross Golf State of the art practice facility. One of the best in the GTA. Explore Learn about Carrickmacross Golf → Learn Lessons and Coaches → Par 3 Course 18 Holes now open → Welcome to Carrickmacross Golf … Read More

2480 Kirby Rd. Maple. L6L 1S1
                  905-303-1223
                  Well, yes , but with a caveat. I just got a note today, (March 17) from Dave saying........

Hi Everyone: we are open for the season --closed this Friday and on bad days.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Just got a Sunday time at Millcroft. Still lots left

Comment

Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post
                      Lowville opens on the weekend. They are fully booked though. Anyone know of any courses closer to the GTA that are open? I would love to play on Sunday. I live in Toronto but am willing to drive as far as Niagara.
                      Millcroft has times for Sunday

Comment

Anyone get out to Southbrook today ??? Have a time Sunday and curious what the "conditions" are like

Comment

I'd settle for my first Covid shot, but as a 72 year old, I haven't qualified for one yet. I'm not old enough or I'm too old.

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                          From what I hear, most will be preparing for the big day which hopefully is not too far off.
                          But OTOH I would like to have my second Covid shot first, so torn between the two.
                          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Beechwood in Niagara Falls opens Saturday, a few open slots , sat and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                              I'd settle for my first Covid shot, but as a 72 year old, I haven't qualified for one yet. I'm not old enough or I'm too old.

That's just how insane the system is

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                                Had my first Pfizer shot this AM, but my doctors think that with my underlying health conditions I should not risk mingling in any shape or form until my second.
                                At the clinic this morning they said that it could be up to 4 months, depending on missed appointments and decliners. .
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X