Collapse

Michigan Golf Package - Recommendations

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crunch27 View Post
    Also booked another trip to the Garland Resort in September with another group. 4 rounds/ 3 nights for $395US, includes full breakfast 3 mornings and Golf Cottages (log cabins). Looking forward to this trip.
    Our group has stayed and played Garland the last 2 years the July 4th week. The course is in great shape at this time of the year and is not that busy.
    With 4 courses at the resort, we park the car and enjoy ourselves for the 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by muskokaERIC View Post
      anyone ever heard of the loop at Forest Dunes?
      I'm trying to make it happen this year, but I'm facing some resistance from my golf buddy (something about "it's too long a drive")
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

I'm trying to make it happen this year, but I'm facing some resistance from my golf buddy (something about "it's too long a drive")
        Just get planning there Bucko,,,
        Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
        Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
        Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
        Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
        Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
        Pro V1x Left Dash
        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
        Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by leej View Post

Our group has stayed and played Garland the last 2 years the July 4th week. The course is in great shape at this time of the year and is not that busy.
          With 4 courses at the resort, we park the car and enjoy ourselves for the 3 days.
          Garland the resort is great. The golf cottages are perfect for a group of guys. THe courses are good but pretty tough. Always have a good time there.

My group is going to Lakewood SHores this year. More budget friendly but a good time as well.

Comment

Its 7 1/2 hour drivr for me. I would go in a second. It's the only reversible golf course that you can play in the entire world

Comment

Its 7 1/2 hour drivr for me. I would go in a second. It's the only reversible golf course that you can play in the entire world
              Actually, I'm looking to play the other/main course ....the Loop seems a bit gimmicky (maybe if we want to play 36 though)

Comment

Well, there is at least one more course that is (sometimes) played in reverse. You may have heard of the Old Course at St Andrews:

Learn about the Reverse Old Course at St. Andrews and how shared greens and teeing grounds led to the modern routing of the Home of Golf

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Interesting thread. Carry on...

_______
                NQRfPT

Comment

Actually, I'm looking to play the other/main course ....the Loop seems a bit gimmicky (maybe if we want to play 36 though)
                  Some friends have an annual weekend event there (I didn't go last year) and the feedback on the Loop was as negative as a review of Banty.

For each guy who liked it there were 10 who hated the course.
                  I like big putts and I cannot lie
                  You other putters can't deny
                  That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                  You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post

Some friends have an annual weekend event there (I didn't go last year) and the feedback on the Loop was as negative as a review of Banty.

For each guy who liked it there were 10 who hated the course.
                    Any explanation as to why so many hated it? Just curious. I find the concept very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post

Well, there is at least one more course that is (sometimes) played in reverse. You may have heard of the Old Course at St Andrews:

Learn about the Reverse Old Course at St. Andrews and how shared greens and teeing grounds led to the modern routing of the Home of Golf

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Interesting thread. Carry on...

That is from 2015. It was not very popular so they dont offer it any more. If you're going to go to the old course and pay $400 to play it most people are going to want to play it the way that the open is played.

Comment

And do you think I'm driving there to only play 18 were playing 36 either both tracks or just the dunes but definitely more than 18 unless there is a nice decent cheap course nearby,,,
                        Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post

And do you think I'm driving there to only play 18 were playing 36 either both tracks or just the dunes but definitely more than 18 unless there is a nice decent cheap course nearby,,,
                          Sad to say, but it's not going to happen unless you concede to do at least ONE "6 hour drive" on the first day (Tues) or "stay and drive 1-2 hrs before & after "36 holes" (Wednesday)
                          ...realistically, I'm resigning myself elsewhere...not that I will be terribly disappointed, because we lots of other courses down that way!
                          (Ok, to be honest, I will nag you constantly about it, which I'm sure will help your game when we're there!)

I'm also exploring just playing Buck's Run & Pohlcat instead on the SAME day, should work out to about the same price as Forest Dunes, but looks like we would only shave about 1 hour off the initial drive

People....Tell this guy to make the damn sacrifice....most of you who know us, know we always take separate cars....and you know what HE drives vs. what I drive!!!

Comment

Sad to say, but it's not going to happen unless you concede to do at least ONE "6 hour drive" on the first day (Tues) or "stay and drive 1-2 hrs before & after "36 holes" (Wednesday)
                            ...realistically, I'm resigning myself elsewhere...not that I will be terribly disappointed, because we lots of other courses down that way!
                            (Ok, to be honest, I will nag you constantly about it, which I'm sure will help your game when we're there!)

I'm also exploring just playing Buck's Run & Pohlcat instead on the SAME day, should work out to about the same price as Forest Dunes, but looks like we would only shave about 1 hour off the initial drive

People....Tell this guy to make the damn sacrifice....most of you who know us, know we always take separate cars....and you know what HE drives vs. what I drive!!!
                            If you have a choice here . . . Tom will be driving and you could rest in the passenger seat . . .
                            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

If you have a choice here . . . Tom will be driving and you could rest in the passenger seat . . .
                              Not an option that either of us wants. (6 hours of the Rat Pack would drive me over the edge)

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

I drive an F-Type convertible, fits one golf bag, 3 pairs of shoes, small soft luggage bag, one ice capp and one apple fritter, my wife calls it a selfish car, hahahaha, I travel alone,,
                                Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                                Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9