No announcement yet.
Collapse

Do you challenge idiots on the course?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Wyndance....i play the course , several times a year and have for the past 4/5 and have never seen a cart left in the lot, ever.

At my home course, I saw one one left in the furthest corner of the lot one night around 8:30 pm after playing. I asked the back shop kid who volunteered to ride out to my car with me in the cart to return it ( it was late and quiet ) if that happens often, he said no, maybe a couple a day and its usually people who are elderly or have a disability - this cart indeed had a blue flag on it whch is what we put on carts to allow them to be driven in places where they arent normally allowed. He drove it back and i returned my own, then got a ride back to my car

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

I hope someone sees you key the other person's car and leaves them a note with your license plate details/reports you to the police. I certainly would.

Damaging someone's property while they're not there because you don't approve of their actions is "probally" the most cowardly thing I've read on here so far.

As i said many times here and ill say it again to geeelve ignorance is not an excuse.

So u feel your membership pays for staff to clea. Up after you? I feel my dues are high enough amd there is no need to pay staff over hours by creating new taks for them when this would be settled by lazy people just taking back their cart.

As for a confrontation i belive it is clear i was not looking for one. I only left my car parked when those ignoramus persons acknowledged thier mistake but did not take it back.

Your comments on the other hand seem like a person who loses their temper and approve of violence when called out or told they are wrong.

Can you imagine the world we would live in no one stood up to ignorance. Your reasponse sound like those individuals who stabb an innocent person for standing up to a bully
      In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
      Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
      Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
      Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
      Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
      Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
      Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
      --------
      Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Being "allowed" to leave a cart in the parking lot is a thing, being a gentleman to take it back to the proximity of the parked power cart area away from the parking lot is just a courteous thing to do. No different from eating at McDonalds and take your tray over to the garbage vs leaving it on the table.
        It shows one's class or lack of.

And for the mom who set a bad example and not remind her son to rake a bunker, should not be a parent in the first place...

Keying someone's car as a revenge is asking for potential legal or physical trouble, pls dont do it.

Comment

I hope someone sees you key the other person's car and leaves them a note with your license plate details/reports you to the police. I certainly would.

Damaging someone's property while they're not there because you don't approve of their actions is "probally" the most cowardly thing I've read on here so far.
          V
          Certainly if somebody was being a tough guy, busy body for any reason and preventing me from moving they would quickly think twice about that manoeuvre, id likely be more like Iggy and see how serous they are.....if they didnt move, they would better think twice because or im leaving and its their fault if they get in the way advantage of driving a 14 year old beater.... Keying a car ? Not !
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008

I pay private member prices I expect private member service. Who are you to tell me to bring my cart back... your suggestion would be fine and I would smiled, wave and continue on with my day; zero confrontation... but if you decided to try and police me you’d defiantly have an issue on your hands. You don’t work for the golf club, you arnt associated with the golf club...as far as I’m concerned you can get in your car and mind your own business. You may have a couple of people agree with you here and that’s fine I respect your opinion; unfortunately for you the World isn’t Toronto golf nuts and one day you may find somebody who doesn’t think the same as you do... hence I hope the confrontation you one day will cause will be worth all those golf cart hero medals you collected
            Whatever you belive I however strongly disagree. If i was to get assulated for advising someone of their lack of respect for others the cops would be called and I wonder how that case would play out in court

let's make a deal that if we ever play around together and use carts I'll take it back to avoid you assaulting me.

In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
            Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
            Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
            Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
            Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
            Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
            Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
            --------
            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
              I take it you are serious?

Let me make it a bit more clear for everyone I am not talking about 1 or 2 carts, I was at DBack this week and there were anywhere from 12-15 carts scattered all over the lot. How is this acceptable on any level?
              With that many carts do you not think at some point carts would be at a shortage and you are now delaying another member while bag staff have to leave what they are paid to do to go around gathering carts carts becasue of laziness? Those same idiots would be the ones to complain when the bag staff is not there to unload their car.

This was the case ant Wyndance this Sunday, so for those of you approving of this behaviour
              I am serious, and I'm going under the assumption that the policy at that club is that you're allowed to leave carts in the lot.

When I leave a restaurant at 11 at night, I leave my tableware and cutlery on the table. That's what's expected. Even if several other tables have yet to be cleared.

If the restaurant is behind and is unable to set a table for an even later arrival, is that my problem? Should I bus my table? What, exactly, am I paying staff for?

I don't think I'm a better person than any staffer. But when I'm paying for a service, I'm superior to the provider in that relationship. Nothing personal, it's just business.
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                It is not totally uncommon to see carts parked randomly in a parking lot at Clublink courses. And, while this should not be SOP, many members and guests are too lazy to return them to where they should be dropped off. As for confrontations.....many years ago, we had 2 days in February where the temperature climbed to a very warm level and a few less then stellar courses opened for the day. A buddy and I booked a round in a Burlington facility (more a dump than a course) and teed off as a twosome. We quickly caught up to an eightsome - yeah, 8 golfers wearing construction boots, cowboy boots, steel toe shoes, etc. Not your typical golfers..... We politely asked if we could play through, and one of the guys from the large group pulled out a knife and warned us not to even get too close to them. We backed off, not wanting to risk a violent confrontation that we would lose. When we advised the "pro" shop at the end of nine holes, they told us that they would look into this, if time permit. If time permit!
                Needless to say, that course is no longer in play for me, even if it is free and in pristine condition. Discretion being the better part of valor....
                The police should be called in this situation imo.

Comment

I would have shot you in the knee Dave with my tiny but effective Berretta, leaving you in agony and easy prey for marauding voracious alligators who would hasten your demise while I take your place in the daily line up ,by one, laughing fiendishly as I drove away throwing the rake!! ..... But.. that's just me retaining fluids on a particular day
                  "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I am serious, and I'm going under the assumption that the policy at that club is that you're allowed to leave carts in the lot.

When I leave a restaurant at 11 at night, I leave my tableware and cutlery on the table. That's what's expected. Even if several other tables have yet to be cleared.

If the restaurant is behind and is unable to set a table for an even later arrival, is that my problem? Should I bus my table? What, exactly, am I paying staff for?

I don't think I'm a better person than any staffer. But when I'm paying for a service, I'm superior to the provider in that relationship. Nothing personal, it's just business.
                    Your comparison isn't really applicable here. A restaurant isn't a golf course. Golf courses have signed "Cart Return Areas". (Decent) Restaurants don't have dish bins with signs for diners to drop off their plates. Nobody buses their table in a restaurant. 99% of people take their carts back instead of leaving them by their cars. I don't even know where you could leave a cart in a busy parking lot without it being in someone's way.

Having played with you, I know you don't expect the staff to fix your divots or fix your ball marks. Why should they be expected to return players carts? (Which I also know you don't use often )
                    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Funny isn't the right word but it's kinda funny how this discussion turned so nasty.

But consider this situation: you decided to wear your football pads while golfing today, and a drunken guy from the wedding reception in the clubhouse streaks by you, in clear violation of the dress code on the course, and in the clubhouse. One of the staff is chasing him, in a golf car he was returning from the parking lot, but he's far behind. Do you put your shoulder to the streaker's sternum?

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                        Funny isn't the right word but it's kinda funny how this discussion turned so nasty.

But consider this situation: you decided to wear your football pads while golfing today, and a drunken guy from the wedding reception in the clubhouse streaks by you, in clear violation of the dress code on the course, and in the clubhouse. One of the staff is chasing him, in a golf car he was returning from the parking lot, but he's far behind. Do you put your shoulder to the streaker's sternum?
                        Not if he's naked. If he's still got his tighty whities on..."probally"
                        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                        TM Rescue 17*
                        TM M2 4-AW
                        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008

I pay private member prices I expect private member service. Who are you to tell me to bring my cart back... your suggestion would be fine and I would smiled, wave and continue on with my day; zero confrontation... but if you decided to try and police me you’d defiantly have an issue on your hands. You don’t work for the golf club, you arnt associated with the golf club...as far as I’m concerned you can get in your car and mind your own business. You may have a couple of people agree with you here and that’s fine I respect your opinion; unfortunately for you the World isn’t Toronto golf nuts and one day you may find somebody who doesn’t think the same as you do... hence I hope the confrontation you one day will cause will be worth all those golf cart hero medals you collected
                          I've read your posts and really don't understand your logic. You basically come across as if your membership provides you with a sense of entitlement to act as you see fit. Clearly the problem starts with your club not enforcing a policy of returning carts back to the shop, or at least posting a notice in the members area asking people to do so. Some don't allow carts in the parking lot for safety reasons, but almost all that I've ever belonged to ask that you return the carts back to the pro shop out of COURTESY. And to add to your comment I've bolded, part of belonging to a private club as opposed to a public is that as members we all police one another, because we are all proud of where we belong. I for one wouldn't want to show up to my home course with guests, only to find the parking lot littered with golf carts because some lazy or ignorant members feel as if their membership fees entitle them to leave them where they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

That's a bit harsh!

If it's policy that staff will retrieve carts from the parking lot, then... it should be fine to do it.

It's probably a shorter walk than from the kitchen to your table at dinner, yet no one seems to bus their own tables or bring out their food order at a restaurant.

I'm nice to staff. I'm very respectful of staff.

But I ain't doin' their jobs for them.....
                            It's not "policy", it's part of their job if a lazy member (or guest) chooses to leave their cart there. I've said it once, the problem here starts from the moment you check in where the club is not making it part of their own policy to have members and guests return power carts back to the shop. But one would think it's just part of common courtesy to do so, or is that such a hard thing to do these days?

Comment

Your comparison isn't really applicable here. A restaurant isn't a golf course. Golf courses have signed "Cart Return Areas". (Decent) Restaurants don't have dish bins with signs for diners to drop off their plates. Nobody buses their table in a restaurant. 99% of people take their carts back instead of leaving them by their cars. I don't even know where you could leave a cart in a busy parking lot without it being in someone's way.

Having played with you, I know you don't expect the staff to fix your divots or fix your ball marks. Why should they be expected to return players carts? (Which I also know you don't use often )
                              Originally posted by racmbs View Post

It's not "policy", it's part of their job if a lazy member (or guest) chooses to leave their cart there. I've said it once, the problem here starts from the moment you check in where the club is not making it part of their own policy to have members and guests return power carts back to the shop. But one would think it's just part of common courtesy to do so, or is that such a hard thing to do these days?
                              My post 100% depended on the line "if it's policy".

As Will said, I expect players, not staff, to do their part in keeping the course in shape (although I think staff should probably still do overnight bunker maintenance, although I could get up earlier and do that too).

My real internet-exaggerated outrage came from the notion of someone being on a course with a policy to have staff retrieve the carts, and then some guy parks them in when they do that. That's not right, and it's not their call to try to force someone to do it.

I usually walk. If I do take a cart, I always return the carts to wherever they tell me to, and then get my clubs off the back and walk all the way to my car. I never use the bag drop (except if a guest with a member who's using it himself...) I'm used to walking at least 8,000 yards, what's a few hundred more?
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

That is incredibly lazy. I don't know if I'd confront anyone over it, but I'd never do it myself. Even if you think the staff are you servants and should shuttle carts around because you can't walk the couple of hundred feet from the return area to your car, those carts in the parking lot are obstacles that don't need to be there.
                                Well said.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X