X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism is everywhere..but the USA is the Capital

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

3 different precincts set ablaze last night, at the very least one of them was also overrun by "protestors".
      I'd love to see the National Guard come in and clean house, These are not protesters, they are rowdies just looking to cause havoc and destroy things.

Comment

• This is why Colin K put the knee down, because it is so common in the US to read and see these incidents occur. Put the politics aside and the left or right bias and who in their right mind would deem this as a way of life.
        And to Adios question the answer is YES because if someone beats the crap out of you everyday for 50 years, one day you will retaliate just because you can't stand the pain anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by WWFS View Post

CNN reporters getting arrested...I bet Trump just had an orgasm.

Why didn’t the police and DAs not want to ”thoroughly examine all of the evidence” before making a decision on arrest and charges?
          Guess those cops are Republicans...Gov. apologized...released them..
          sounds like total loss of control..every cop does his own thing

Comment

• I can’t breathe shouldn’t be a hashtag for help, it should be a call for change. its going on for several days now and not one cop has been arrested/charged yet??? WTF

My fear is media and ppl are going to focus on the looting/rioting and forget why it is happening
            In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
            Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
            Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
            Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
            Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
            Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
            Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
            --------
            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Yesterday afternoon, the county DA said “there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge” against the police officer involved. Last night, he walked that comment back.

If he misspoke, what an incredibly stupid thing to say. If his initial comment was indeed correct, saying it without putting forward any of that "other evidence" was equally stupid.

I hope the county executives can find a way to remove that prosecutor from any further involvement in this case.
              I saw that as well, however I only saw it as "lawyer speak".

Please take note of what he actually said, and more to the point, what he did not say.

He said that there was some evidence that did not support a criminal charge, which is probably true.
              He did not say that there was no evidence to support any criminal charges.

Some may recall what happened in Chicago several years ago where a black you was running with a knife away from some policemen and as a result ran in the general direction of more police that had just arrived. Despite the fact that the youth was actually veering away from him, a Chicago cop shot this kid fifteen times, including while he was on the ground already dead. The cop drew his weapon a started shooting within only a couple of seconds of arriving at the scene and claimed to have "feared for his life" despite being surrounded by fellow cops also engaged in the pursuit of this youth armed only with a knife.

This murder in Chicago only came to light because an intrepid lawyer wanted to know why absolutely no charges were ever laid against anyone involved. The lawyer also found that the Chicago police and the DA had essentially buried the evidence in an effort to have the relevant retention statutes regarding police dash-cam video cause them to be erased and destroy all of the relevant evidence. The lawyer was able to bring this to light almost at the eleventh-hour before said evidence was to be destroyed. The cop was convicted at trial, and many of his colleagues who "saw nothing" were also convicted of various derelictions of duty and making false statements. So, if you think that a DA who states that he "wants to do things in the right way at the right time" is a problem, think of how badly things can go if a DA essentially acts as a law firm for the Police Department.

Also, this Minnesota prosecutor cited the mistakes made in Baltimore a couple of years ago when many things were done but in the wrong way at the wrong time, resulting in dismissed charges and acquittals against individuals that had clearly contributed to the death of a man in their care and custody. So, was justice done there? Most people would say no, it was not, especially for the victim.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                I can’t breathe shouldn’t be a hashtag for help, it should be a call for change. its going on for several days now and not one cop has been arrested/charged yet??? WTF

My fear is media and ppl are going to focus on the looting/rioting and forget why it is happening
                in police involved deaths, departments typically wait for the coroner's report before laying charges, i would wager that charges will be laid sometime early next week or later this coming weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

I saw that as well, however I only saw it as "lawyer speak".

Please take note of what he actually said, and more to the point, what he did not say.

He said that there was some evidence that did not support a criminal charge, which is probably true.
                  He did not say that there was no evidence to support any criminal charges.

Some may recall what happened in Chicago several years ago where a black you was running with a knife away from some policemen and as a result ran in the general direction of more police that had just arrived. Despite the fact that the youth was actually veering away from him, a Chicago cop shot this kid fifteen times, including while he was on the ground already dead. The cop drew his weapon a started shooting within only a couple of seconds of arriving at the scene and claimed to have "feared for his life" despite being surrounded by fellow cops also engaged in the pursuit of this youth armed only with a knife.

This murder in Chicago only came to light because an intrepid lawyer wanted to know why absolutely no charges were ever laid against anyone involved. The lawyer also found that the Chicago police and the DA had essentially buried the evidence in an effort to have the relevant retention statutes regarding police dash-cam video cause them to be erased and destroy all of the relevant evidence. The lawyer was able to bring this to light almost at the eleventh-hour before said evidence was to be destroyed. The cop was convicted at trial, and many of his colleagues who "saw nothing" were also convicted of various derelictions of duty and making false statements. So, if you think that a DA who states that he "wants to do things in the right way at the right time" is a problem, think of how badly things can go if a DA essentially acts as a law firm for the Police Department.

Also, this Minnesota prosecutor cited the mistakes made in Baltimore a couple of years ago when many things were done but in the wrong way at the wrong time, resulting in dismissed charges and acquittals against individuals that had clearly contributed to the death of a man in their care and custody. So, was justice done there? Most people would say no, it was not, especially for the victim.
                  Whether it was "lawyer speak" or not, it was a very inartfully expressed. When you have people rioting in the streets, and a community on edge, it's time to choose your words very carefully. He did not.

I fully understand that there is a requirement to protect the investigation, but when you throw out the statement he did, it's not difficult to figure out what the public reaction is going to be.

His exact quote was:

And there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge. We need to weigh through all of that evidence to come through with a meaningful determination, and we are doing the best of our ability
                  I stand by my statement that he should be removed from this case.
                  TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I'd love to see the National Guard come in and clean house, These are not protesters, they are rowdies just looking to cause havoc and destroy things.
                    Exactly, saw video of one guy just breaking windows and walking away, also a bunch of people broke in to a Planet Fitness and started exercising.

I almost wonder if there are "professional agitators" that work crowds up because they just enjoy the chaos.
                    Ping G410 Plus
                    Ping G410 3W
                    Ping G400 7W or 3H
                    Ping G400 4H
                    Ping G400 5 - UW
                    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

in police involved deaths, departments typically wait for the coroner's report before laying charges, i would wager that charges will be laid sometime early next week or later this coming weekend.
                      Watching 3 different news channels yesterday with guest lawyers...EVERY single one said at min probable cause is evident here and none of them understand why at minimum that has not been the reason for an arrest and build on it afterwards.
                      In the Bag

--------
                      Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

Watching 3 different news channels yesterday with guest lawyers...EVERY single one said at min probable cause is evident here and none of them understand why at minimum that has not been the reason for an arrest and build on it afterwards.
                        Did they talk about the fact all four were apparently fired?
                        Ping G410 Plus
                        Ping G410 3W
                        Ping G400 7W or 3H
                        Ping G400 4H
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

Did they talk about the fact all four were apparently fired?
                          Yes I think the one on CBS did, but also followed up with a firing means they get to apply for another job elsewhere i.e private security firm and will still be on the the street as a threat to society
                          In the Bag

--------
                          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• She says she has lost three brothers already, I wonder who the killers were?
                            Last edited by Mule56; May 29, 2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Whether it was "lawyer speak" or not, it was a very inartfully expressed. When you have people rioting in the streets, and a community on edge, it's time to choose your words very carefully. He did not.

I fully understand that there is a requirement to protect the investigation, but when you throw out the statement he did, it's not difficult to figure out what the public reaction is going to be.

His exact quote was:

I stand by my statement that he should be removed from this case.
                              I respect your opinion, but I would stand by my own opinion that he did in fact choose his words carefully.
                              I would also reiterate my assertion that I would prefer someone state up front that he will not be rushed to initiate or terminate his investigation despite what people believe he should do in the interests of justice.

As for the reactions of the public, I would encourage them to listen to what was actually said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

I respect your opinion, but I would stand by my own opinion that he did in fact choose his words carefully.
                                I would also reiterate my assertion that I would prefer someone state up front that he will not be rushed to initiate or terminate his investigation despite what people believe he should do in the interests of justice.

As for the reactions of the public, I would encourage them to listen to what was actually said.
                                You must not get out much....

I don't think the rioters and protesters and looters are really in a mood to parse his statement carefully.

Of course they shouldn't be rioting, but you shouldn't play with matches near a powderkeg either.

FWIW I don't think they should have been fired, they should have been suspended while the incident was investigated. It would give a better impression that this isn't over. As chrish8 said they are now free to pursue a new job. Or so it would appear.
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X