This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Or they can go build nuclear weapons to be sold to Benjie Netanyahu, since a new era of nuclear arms race in the middle east is about to begin.
    Speaking of nukes...

Trump's decision on Iran nuclear deal today just signals to DPRK that the American don't live up to their commitments. Caveat Emptor.

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post

Or they can go build nuclear weapons to be sold to Benjie Netanyahu, since a new era of nuclear arms race in the middle east is about to begin.
      Israel just took out Iran's nuclear facility in syria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

Speaking of nukes...

Trump's decision on Iran nuclear deal today just signals to DPRK that the American don't live up to their commitments. Caveat Emptor.
        Or are smart enough to pull out of bad agreements with bad actors.

Comment

• Anyone know farsi?

Comment

• Originally posted by hemants View Post

Do you think the Russians are going to just standby? They will likely sell air defence systems to Iran, if not more. Or they may coordinate with Donald so that both USA and Russia get to sell a lot more military hardware to the region

Comment

What? Who builds nuclear facilities in war zones?

Comment

Maybe these Boeing workers can work in the coal mine.
                Only some of them.
                The rest will be making cathode-ray televisions in Toledo....

Comment

Trump's pick for CIA director pledges not to torture again.

We certainly are living in interesting time....

I read this as well Belly. Interesting to see what questioned are asked of her. McCain will not be there. The key question I would like to see asked is if she thinks enhanced interrogation was more effective than other proven methods.
                  More than one former FBI agent investigating terrorists suggest it was not. Ali Soufan being one, and he interviewed a lot of terrorists and got a lot of Intel.

Comment

Trump's pick for CIA director pledges not to torture again.

We certainly are living in interesting time....

That's very reassuring. After all, the CIA has an impeccable record of obeying all laws relevant to its operations.

Comment

Syrian state media says Israel has launched an air strike against an army position south of the capital Damascus.

The Sana news agency said Syrian air defences had shot down two Israeli missiles in the Kiswah area on Tuesday.

It reported no casualties, but a monitoring group says at least nine pro-government forces had been killed, including Iranian-backed fighters.
                      "The Older I Get...
                      The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
                      Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

Or are smart enough to pull out of bad agreements with bad actors.
                        I was never a huge fan of the deal, it had issues but in general it certainly made nuclear ambitions more difficult for Iran. I favour diplomacy and engagement over isolation, the Richard Holbrooke approach. If this is an attempt to renovate the deal so it's tighter and curtails Iran's agressive foreign policy, that's not a bad idea but highly unlikely. But what I fear is some provocation towards regime change. Bolton has stated numerous times that's what he wants in Iran. Because he learned so much about the regime change he was part of in Iraq. They don't know what they will get in Iran. While Iran has plenty of moderates, moderates generally don't fare well in civil wars against extremists.
                        The other co-signing countries are going to try and save the deal, much of that will rely on US sanctions against countries and companies who do business with Iran.

Comment

• Sounds like a slush fund where bribes land -- to be used mainly by Rump but also by Cohen himself and and at least one other GOP filanderer:

Firm Tied to Russian Oligarch Made Payments to Michael Cohen

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/u...T.nav=top-news
                          WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

I was never a huge fan of the deal, it had issues but in general it certainly made nuclear ambitions more difficult for Iran. I favour diplomacy and engagement over isolation, the Richard Holbrooke approach. If this is an attempt to renovate the deal so it's tighter and curtails Iran's agressive foreign policy, that's not a bad idea but highly unlikely. But what I fear is some provocation towards regime change. Bolton has stated numerous times that's what he wants in Iran. Because he learned so much about the regime change he was part of in Iraq. They don't know what they will get in Iran. While Iran has plenty of moderates, moderates generally don't fare well in civil wars against extremists.
                            The other co-signing countries are going to try and save the deal, much of that will rely on US sanctions against countries and companies who do business with Iran.
                            The deal was not endorsed by the hardliners in Iran itself. It is at best a compromise.

Notwithstanding, the imminent issue is what it signals to Kim and the world at large, who will soon be dealing with Trump now that he sees that the US would not hesitate to renege on their words.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
                              Sounds like a slush fund where bribes land -- to be used mainly by Rump but also by Cohen himself and and at least one other GOP filanderer:

Firm Tied to Russian Oligarch Made Payments to Michael Cohen

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/u...T.nav=top-news
                              This story has legs. I expect it to explode as more details are being made public in the coming days.

Comment

This story has legs. I expect it to explode as more details are being made public in the coming days.
                                $500k is not much money in that world, I think reporters are speculating too much.
                                If Cohen was taking consulting money for access, it's unethical and maybe illegal but it's a stretch to say this is something unseemly at this point.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X