This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
    I'll reserve judgment on his record until we see it fully play out. In the meantime, it's hard for me to give him much credit given the roll of the fool in charge that he so gleefully plays.

I'll just say this. Remember how the media was falling over itself saying Trump was staring a nuclear war with North Korea? And look where we are now. Chess vs checkers....

Comment

• Originally posted by hemants View Post

Maybe. There is a huge dichotomy between the buffoonery of his words and the success of his actual results in action.
      I would ask how you define "results". Has he passed more than one major initiative through the Hill? Taxes and....
      Economic impact is not measured in months but years or even decades.
      Seeing as how employment was on the upswing before he took office, I think you overstate that result.
      Illegal immigration was on the downswing before he took office.
      Trade disputes, no results yet.
      NK, no result yet and giving him credit for them stopping testing is an overreach. China has as much to do with that as anyone.
      Iran, the result is?
      I am not saying he deserves no credit for some economic enthusiam but it's too early to say it's an overall success which is actually the "result". If deficits go up significantly over the next 3 years (not 30 days) then longer term consequences come into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

I would ask how you define "results". Has he passed more than one major initiative through the Hill? Taxes and....
        Economic impact is not measured in months but years or even decades.
        Seeing as how employment was on the upswing before he took office, I think you overstate that result.
        Illegal immigration was on the downswing before he took office.
        Trade disputes, no results yet.
        NK, no result yet and giving him credit for them stopping testing is an overreach. China has as much to do with that as anyone.
        Iran, the result is?
        I am not saying he deserves no credit for some economic enthusiam but it's too early to say it's an overall success which is actually the "result". If deficits go up significantly over the next 3 years (not 30 days) then longer term consequences come into play.
        Of course. It's either not concrete or Obama deserves credit because #nevertrump

Comment

• Oops #rinserepeat

Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' lawyer, released a dossier containing a list of payments purportedly made to Michael Cohen, the lawyer for Trump.

Comment

• I don't speak for the press, only for myself. As for me, I remain unconvinced that he is more than a bull in a china store.

Originally posted by hemants View Post

I'll just say this. Remember how the media was falling over itself saying Trump was staring a nuclear war with North Korea? And look where we are now. Chess vs checkers....
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
              I don't speak for the press, only for myself. As for me, I remain unconvinced that he is more than a bull in a china store.

Actions speak louder than words. It's hard to swallow with Trump I know but the proof is in the pudding so far.

Comment

• Trump seems intent on undoing anything Obama did, regardless of merit.

Comment

• Mueller had been looking into Cohen's company since early last year

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders says the payments are "the decision[s] of an independent company and ha[ve] nothing to do with the White House."

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                    Mueller had been looking into Cohen's company since early last year

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidne...5D#.rpwv5mR4mN
                    Nothing going on there!

Love the way Sanders -- in her response -- manages to insert a derogatory (to the questioner) slant.
                    WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• I think I'll stay up and watch CNN tonight to see the coverage of the three detainees arriving back in Washington.

Even though it will be late (as Trump said, 2AM in the morning), Trump and Melania are expected to be there.

I wonder when they come down the stairs will Trump say "Are THESE the guys?"...

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it won't be at 2 a.m. in the afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by landlord View Post
                          Trump seems intent on undoing anything Obama did, regardless of merit.
                          Always wondered why? Can anyone speculate. The best I can do is that Trump does not like black people.

Comment

• Apparently 15 GOP house reps are backing a Democrat bill on immigration. Something to do with Republicans in competitive districts.

In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                            and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Originally posted by hackerhare View Post
                              The best I can do is that Trump does not like black people.
                              I agree. Nothing else can account for the irrationality of the obsession.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post
                                Apparently 15 GOP house reps are backing a Democrat bill on immigration. Something to do with Republicans in competitive districts.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/38...on-immigration
                                Interesting strategies on both sides, can force a vote on a Deamers package that the President likely won't sign but then he cannot accuse them of not sending him something. I'm willing to bet those 15 GOP reps are mostly from hotly contested districts where constituents want something done.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X