No announcement yet.
Collapse

Justin Trudeau government term 2

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they should call it what it is, a "luxury" tax ,and skip the fellatious PC of a environmentally attuned carbon tax.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post
      The WE kids are shutting down their Canadian ops. Should get interesting for Pierre junior
      When you sleep with dogs you get fleas...

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

When you sleep with dogs you get fleas...
        I think I owe you an apology as we went head to head for a bit over this a while back (not sure if it was this thread or another). I thought you had incorrectly judged the founders of WE, but I think you pretty much had it right on. Hopefully CRA is going to take a very close look at their operation before they vanish.
        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
        Srixon Star XV
        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

I think I owe you an apology as we went head to head for a bit over this a while back (not sure if it was this thread or another). I thought you had incorrectly judged the founders of WE, but I think you pretty much had it right on. Hopefully CRA is going to take a very close look at their operation before they vanish.
          Love this 🙏

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post
            The WE kids are shutting down their Canadian ops. Should get interesting for Pierre junior
            I cannot say I know enough about their work to know if the whole thing is legit or not (and I am not questioning that either way) but my sister seemed to respect the organization and I don’t consider her an uneducated or uninvolved person.

Either way JT can take credit for destroying their work and probably all his own too.

Comment

• This smells like the degenerate gambler leaving town because debts are coming due. Someone cant pay and theyre gonna get knee capped. Who wants to bet the keils head to a non extradition country???

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Very gracious but no apology necessary. The point of these threads ought to be to challenge each other. Plus I don’t think we have heard the final word on the WE saga..

Comment

• I know that many here think that 'politicians suck', but it's fallacious to refer to a fellatious PC tax.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                    This smells like the degenerate gambler leaving town because debts are coming due. Someone cant pay and theyre gonna get knee capped. Who wants to bet the keils head to a non extradition country???

At 35:00 Vassy interviews a lady who mentions how there are laws preventing them from taking their real estate money and going to Kenya. Looks like they're putting all their real estate money into an endowment fund to run an offshore international charity with them stepping aside. The only real success I can see that was keeping this charity afloat was making students go to these WE days, they gave away tickets to schools to get people to go. The later years of the charity appeared to use most of the donations to put on rock concerts in stadiums where they would self promote themselves, and liberal politicians, instead of actually helping the kids in Africa with the money. They really seemed to fall in love with WE days, and the stadium tours, and made themselves centre stage and perhaps even playing out some rock star fantasy they have. It's not me downplaying their effectiveness in getting youth involved in impactful ways, and important topics, but it seems like it was even a liberal biased message being sold to students as well. There were a lot of liberal biased talking points being spoken as facts at WE days by Chagger and Morneau, that weren't properly opposed and debated. I hope that whoever they appear to be running from aren't just coming to break legs, but also coming with a warrant.

On a side note, It's funny Milton already had to rename a Catholic school this year because of sexual assaults , and Craig keilberger school is also in Milton, my son is in grade 6 and that's his high school I wonder if it will still be called that when he gets there.
                    Last edited by FreeDrop; Sep 10, 2020, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• As previously posted there were some journalists who have alluded to how the Keilburgers were able to cozy up to politicians from both sides and get media attention due to this. B.J. Del Conte who worked for The Sun has made numerous asides regarding this.

All politicians enjoy being associated with 'rock stars' and big media events. Particularly if they are associated with
                      'charities' or 'feel good' events.

One thing that has always shocked me regarding Canadian political scandals is how little money seems to be involved for the politicians and/or their families.

Compared to Putin, Marcos, Duvalier etc our politicians appear to be 'petty thieves'.

If the charity in Canada was so robust, then why is it being shuttered?

Comment

• So according to them this was no one's fault, but kind of the government's fault, and covid, but no one else.

It might be my bias, but it appears at points in this interview that Lisa Laflamme is trying to hold back laughter that would almost describe a "you guys can't be serious" type of reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                          As previously posted there were some journalists who have alluded to how the Keilburgers were able to cozy up to politicians from both sides and get media attention due to this. B.J. Del Conte who worked for The Sun has made numerous asides regarding this.

All politicians enjoy being associated with 'rock stars' and big media events. Particularly if they are associated with
                          'charities' or 'feel good' events.

One thing that has always shocked me regarding Canadian political scandals is how little money seems to be involved for the politicians and/or their families.

Compared to Putin, Marcos, Duvalier etc our politicians appear to be 'petty thieves'.

If the charity in Canada was so robust, then why is it being shuttered?
                          What is the charity's likelihood of fundraising now? People are calling for CRA audits with no reason to do so.

What is the cash drain for operating all of their properties?

I don't blame them for collecting all their marbles and going home in such a hostile environment. Corporations do it all the time, why not a charity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

What is the charity's likelihood of fundraising now? People are calling for CRA audits with no reason to do so.

What is the cash drain for operating all of their properties?

I don't blame them for collecting all their marbles and going home in such a hostile environment. Corporations do it all the time, why not a charity?
                            Canada was/is home, so not 'going home' but rather leaving. Or 'running away'?

And whenever an organization closes up, when it comes under scrutiny that creates even more questions. If you have nothing to hide, then why react in such a manner. We see Trump behaving this way, if we chastise him and his cronies for that, then we also need to hold other organizations to the same standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Canada was/is home, so not 'going home' but rather leaving. Or 'running away'?

And whenever an organization closes up, when it comes under scrutiny that creates even more questions. If you have nothing to hide, then why react in such a manner. We see Trump behaving this way, if we chastise him and his cronies for that, then we also need to hold other organizations to the same standard.
                              The nothing to hide argument is dangerously flawed AD and you know it.

It's their charity to manage, so they are protecting what they can. There has been nothing said of the brother's leaving Canada. Like I indicated before charities books are open to auditors and their board. In 25 years they have kept their noses clean, 1 politically motivated attack is all it took to destroy that work.

If auditors find criminal activity, then great let the courts decide their fate especially with money paid as fees to the brother's enterprises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bern View Post

The nothing to hide argument is dangerously flawed AD and you know it.

It's their charity to manage, so they are protecting what they can. There has been nothing said of the brother's leaving Canada. Like I indicated before charities books are open to auditors and their board. In 25 years they have kept their noses clean, 1 politically motivated attack is all it took to destroy that work.

If auditors find criminal activity, then great let the courts decide their fate especially with money paid as fees to the brother's enterprises.
                                Umm Michelle Douglas resigned before they were given this money because they weren't being transparent with the board on how donors money was being spent.

If you watch the Lisa Laflamme interview their Canadian sponsors pulled out because they asked the same questions Michelle Douglas asked and were refused by WE. You really have to ignore a lot of facts to get to this is a charity that's been victimized by people thirsty for a scandal. They were in financial and leadership trouble before this grant.

They lost all their sponsors because they wouldn't open the books to them, watch the CTV interview.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X