Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

I'm just gonna bold the above for future reference if you ever take offence to being called "selfish."
    incredibly revealing of his true character....which should be no surprise to anyone
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

AD, labelling anybody who measures risk differently than yourself is not anti-science... if I hear "believe in science" one more time during this pandemic my hair is going to fall out. There is a very small demographic who reject the science outright, there is a larger demographic who are willing to take on more risk than you and/or have a different belief in how far state power should extend, and those are the people you frequently label as "anti-science". You like to conflate the two.

Take DeSantis for example... he has taken the vaccine (J&J I believe) and has urged Floridians to get vaccinated... however, he has banned both mask and vaccine mandates, that is not anti-science, it is anti-government... he has chosen the side of individual freedom and that comes with inflated levels of risk, a philosophical difference on his view of the scope/power of government.
      Last night on Sandra Bee’s show she showed clips of 3 R-Governor’s railing against a vaccine mandate alternating with clips of the same 3 Governors urging their constituents to “Believe the Science” and take the vaccine.

The mandates are not for all citizenry. Just select portions, like those who work for the Feds for example. Well within his right to mandate as an employer apparently.

Believe the science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

incredibly revealing of his true character....which should be no surprise to anyone
        What does it reveal about your character that you’re constantly insulting people who have a different view than you?

Comment

no... I can believe something to be true and still not want to do it... I believe eating artificial sugars is bad for my health... I still eat them... I believe smoking causes cancer.... I still smoke...

It is obvious that limiting social interactions reduces spread, likewise for masking and distancing... that doesn't mean I want to abide by those protocols, and certainly don't want the government getting involved... likewise for Kenney and DeSantis.. is there a record of either of them saying masking and distancing doesn't work? or do they just want to let adults make decisions on their own?
          Another example of ant-vaxxers/maskers disregarding science.

From an article on what is taking place in Winkler Manitoba which one of the lowest vaccination rates of any city in Canada.

The issue of COVID-19 health orders was also front and centre in Winkler this week as during a Tuesday evening Winkler (Manitoba) council meeting, a motion was brought forward by a group calling themselves ‘Things that Matter,’ the same group that has recently organized a number of the protests in the city.

The motion, which was read out during Tuesday’s meeting, asked that Winkler be declared a “sanctuary city” and deem any public health orders issued by the province in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to be “null and void” within Winkler’s city limits.

Joshua Shetter, who is a pastor at Morden-based Redeeming Grace Bible Church and who lives in Winkler, spoke publicly and claimed that the provincial government is “overstepping its authority,” by mandating COVID-19 health orders.

During his presentation, Shetter on numerous occasions claimed that the province is under the “higher authority and laws” of God, and therefore does not have the right to enforce COVID-19 health orders.

“The government shows it has no respect for God’s will and for the church,” Shetter said.
          As for 'adults making decisions'.
          1. Seatbelts
          2. Drivers licenses
          3. The Highway Traffic Act
          4. Employment/Labour/Safety Laws
          5. The Criminal Code
          6. Fire and Building Codes
          7. Mandatory schooling for children
          8. Rules regarding advertising
          9. Rules regarding the sale and consumption of alcohol, cannabis, prescription drugs and narcotics
          10. Public Health regulations and inspections (food, restaurants, etc)
          Government(s) were created to set boundaries regarding our activities. That is why they exist.
          Not enacting public health measures that comply with scientific data/research is an abject abrogation of their duty.

And I am confident that you are abiding by all public health and occupational health and safety and WSIB regulations/rules in your workplace.

How is that different?

Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Sep 16, 2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

That meta-analysis has been well covered by the med community. It suffers from a few issues. I believe it's already been posted in this forum as have other attempts to smooth out issues with the test results by combining them with other tests which were flawed. As I recall, they combined several small studies with poor data sets and controls to make it look like a big pool of patients had actually been studied. It does not work that way. At least one included study had patients receiving a variety of therapeutics including steroids but they credited ivermectin. Again, you cannot call that conclusive in favour of ivermectin. If you take benadryl and ginseng for allergies, you cannot say it was the ginseng that worked to relieve them.
            As for the "de-worming" jokes. Since ivermectin replaced Hydroxychloriqine as the therapeutic de jour for some vaccine hesitency groups, people have gone to vets and farm stores to get the drug. In that format, it is a de-worming drug. I think we can understand the mocking of people who will go to a vet to get a drug they BELIEVE will help fight Covid. I am fairly confident most people know that ivermectin is used in humans as well but we don't get it from a vet. Oddly, many of the early advocates of Hydroxychloriqine have since moved to ivermectin. Didn't have evidence for one, still do not for the other. Their is no conspiracy to withhold therapeutics, steroids have already been repurposed to help fight Covid in the severely infected and the amount of evidence its effective is quite robust. How did that happen?
            We are not on a slippery slope, we are in a public health emergency. I appreciate vigilance and we should welcome those discussions but I doubt we ever used these arguments against the polo vaccine as just one example. There is no evidence Covid is leading to totalitarian states. There is just disagreements between groups of people.
            Try to keep up.

Moving on to iodine.

Ivermectin is so yesterday

Comment

no... I can believe something to be true and still not want to do it... I believe eating artificial sugars is bad for my health... I still eat them... I believe smoking causes cancer.... I still smoke...

It is obvious that limiting social interactions reduces spread, likewise for masking and distancing... that doesn't mean I want to abide by those protocols, and certainly don't want the government getting involved... likewise for Kenney and DeSantis.. is there a record of either of them saying masking and distancing doesn't work? or do they just want to let adults make decisions on their own?
              Don’t want to abide? No problem. Stay home at your house with your family only, Get everything you need delivered. But don’t you dare ignore protocols that put MY family at risk you selfish *****. Adults understand decisions have consequence.

Let Adults make decisions on their own? There are a lot of really, really stupid adults out there. Letting them make decisions on their own that can affect the health and well being of MY family? F*** every last one of them. Just as we have laws to protect citizens from the stupidity of others for a whole host of activities you don’t have the right to put MY family at risk.

Comment

What does it reveal about your character that you’re constantly insulting people who have a different view than you?
                Its not a different view that has anything to do with it, but true antivaxers are selfish idiots, nothing more and I will continue to call them such.

for you, it's your personality ( selfish, Bigot bordering on racist , mega troll, etc that have been demonstrated clearly over and over that I and others take issue with.
                You should be banned permanently.

I honestly pray for poor Eleanor.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

That meta-analysis has been well covered by the med community. It suffers from a few issues. I believe it's already been posted in this forum as have other attempts to smooth out issues with the test results by combining them with other tests which were flawed. As I recall, they combined several small studies with poor data sets and controls to make it look like a big pool of patients had actually been studied. It does not work that way. At least one included study had patients receiving a variety of therapeutics including steroids but they credited ivermectin. Again, you cannot call that conclusive in favour of ivermectin. If you take benadryl and ginseng for allergies, you cannot say it was the ginseng that worked to relieve them.
                  As for the "de-worming" jokes. Since ivermectin replaced Hydroxychloriqine as the therapeutic de jour for some vaccine hesitency groups, people have gone to vets and farm stores to get the drug. In that format, it is a de-worming drug. I think we can understand the mocking of people who will go to a vet to get a drug they BELIEVE will help fight Covid. I am fairly confident most people know that ivermectin is used in humans as well but we don't get it from a vet. Oddly, many of the early advocates of Hydroxychloriqine have since moved to ivermectin. Didn't have evidence for one, still do not for the other. Their is no conspiracy to withhold therapeutics, steroids have already been repurposed to help fight Covid in the severely infected and the amount of evidence its effective is quite robust. How did that happen?
                  We are not on a slippery slope, we are in a public health emergency. I appreciate vigilance and we should welcome those discussions but I doubt we ever used these arguments against the polo vaccine as just one example. There is no evidence Covid is leading to totalitarian states. There is just disagreements between groups of people.
                  Thanks for that excellent post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                    Don’t want to abide? No problem. Stay home at your house with your family only, Get everything you need delivered. But don’t you dare ignore protocols that put MY family at risk you selfish *****. Adults understand decisions have consequence.

Let Adults make decisions on their own? There are a lot of really, really stupid adults out there. Letting them make decisions on their own that can affect the health and well being of MY family? F*** every last one of them. Just as we have laws to protect citizens from the stupidity of others for a whole host of activities you don’t have the right to put MY family at risk.

Go smoke a joint or take a prozac to take the edge off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Its not a different view that has anything to do with it, but true antivaxers are selfish idiots, nothing more.

for you, it's your personality ( selfish, Bigot bordering on racist , mega troll, etc that have been demonstrated clearly over and over that I and others take issue with.
                      You should be banned permanently.

I honestly pray for poor Eleanor.
                      You should join Marty for a smoking session.

Comment

Less than it reveals about your character in your attempt to lecture anyone or be taken seriously while hiding behind a handle that pays homage to one of, if not the, biggest scumbags to ever play in the NHL.

Seriously, no one will ever take you seriously in any discussion with a handle as offensive like that. You think it is cute? You think it is a joke? Most don’t and find it offensive though your handle does seem to fit.

You have zero credibility with that handle.

Comment

You should join Marty for a smoking session.
                          He’s welcome in my golf group and we’ve played together.

I don’t think I’d let you scrape the goose droppings off my shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Less than it reveals about your character in your attempt to lecture anyone or be taken seriously while hiding behind a handle that pays homage to one of, if not the, biggest scumbags to ever play in the NHL.

Seriously, no one will ever take you seriously in any discussion with a handle as offensive like that. You think it is cute? You think it is a joke? Most don’t and find it offensive though your handle does seem to fit.

You have zero credibility with that handle.
                            BINGO!!!!

Comment

Go smoke a joint or take a prozac to take the edge off.
                              Fine words for a guy who constantly whines about how insulting others are.
                              In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                              and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Well we can finally end discussion on Pfizer and Moderna vaxxes being (so called by some) “experimental.”

Both receive full approval from Health Canada.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X