The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

St Marteen . . .

They offered me a refund, accepted it and then Sunwing change their mind . . . said the Government told them they don't have to offer refund.

Then Visa cancelled the charge but after Sunwing complained they did a charge back . . .
    brutal. We had tickets to Atlanta and all got our $ back. Filed a complaint with the US DOT and voila!
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

brutal. We had tickets to Atlanta and all got our $ back. Filed a complaint with the US DOT and voila!
      Yes, the US they had no choice . . . the Canadian Government didn't seem to care about travellers . . .

The worst part Jeff . . . starting in September they started selling flights and trips and then cancelled them and kept the $$ . . . it really seems that it was done deliberately . . .
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS (CNN, live on-air): New study suggests actual number of COVID-19 infections in the United States is over 80 million, and actual number of dead is over 550,000 (i.e. "35%" of COVID-19 deaths are unreported and 75% of infections are not formally diagnosed/catalogued).

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Well, so are many businesses.

While discretionary travel is not illegal , only a recommendation and people are free to choose travel if they want.....it is shoddy and counterproductive. Government should put a stop to the advertising ....if not lets allow cigarette companies to advertise again and put smokes out in plain view
          international travel from what I’ve read is only responsible for 1% of the cases in Ontario, I think travel to some destinations should be allowed of course taking all the same COVID precautions we take here , could lessen the gov bailout companies like AC and Westjet are going to need to keep operating and maybe getting some of us out of the province for trip might help the daily case numbers drop? Or I could be crazy and just in desperate need of a trip to the Caribbean 😂

Comment

• Peeps in Mexico selling covid test paperwork to vacationers on the beach

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post
              Peeps in Mexico selling covid test paperwork to vacationers on the beach
              I thought I read an article from one of the ones out west who went to Hawaii that if you have a negative test result, you can go there without quarantining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

where were you flying to? I got my $ refunded as did the 3 others I was flying with.
                4 people Westjet vacation package to Orlando was the original buy.
                Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                Nike 23 degree hybrid
                Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

I thought I read an article from one of the ones out west who went to Hawaii that if you have a negative test result, you can go there without quarantining.
                  I was looking online to buy a negative one. Quite easy to find . . .

No I was not, that is one of the problem. We can make all the rules/law but some people just don't really care.

If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• The news that those with kids at home didn't want to hear - cases among children have jumped like crazy over the last few weeks, and it looks like zero chance they'll be heading back to school on Monday. If I were betting on this, I'd say after March Break is more likely.
                    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                    Srixon Star XV
                    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                      The news that those with kids at home didn't want to hear - cases among children have jumped like crazy over the last few weeks, and it looks like zero chance they'll be heading back to school on Monday. If I were betting on this, I'd say after March Break is more likely.
                      No chance they’re going back Monday. I’m a bit relieved to tell the truth but I work from home and my wife is a full time mom. I realize our circumstances are different than most but it’s been stressing me out.
                      Driver: yup..5 of those
                      3 Wood: 'bout 4
                      Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
                      Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
                      Wedges: Lots
                      Putter: A016836

Comment

• Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                        The news that those with kids at home didn't want to hear - cases among children have jumped like crazy over the last few weeks, and it looks like zero chance they'll be heading back to school on Monday. If I were betting on this, I'd say after March Break is more likely.
                        They better be going back.. it's bananas that they aren't there right now
                        TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                        TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                        TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                        Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                        Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                        100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingnut View Post

They better be going back.. it's bananas that they aren't there right now
                          Could you expand on that with some scientific proof or is that just your opinion??

Comment

• Originally posted by threeputt View Post

Could you expand on that with some scientific proof or is that just your opinion??
                            Probably not. Either can’t or won’t. You’ll do best not to bother engaging him.

Comment

• Originally posted by threeputt View Post

You want scientific proof that kids should be in school? Are you alright?
                              TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                              TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                              TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                              Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                              Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                              100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Blassy View Post

No chance they’re going back Monday. I’m a bit relieved to tell the truth but I work from home and my wife is a full time mom. I realize our circumstances are different than most but it’s been stressing me out.
                                It's rough for everyone with kids at home. My 6 year old daughter is coping pretty well but I still get a call "HEY DAD" every 15-20 min to come help with something computer/schoolwork related. Then there's all the recess/lunch breaks. And school is basically done at 2pm, so I'm not so productive after that.

Thankfully this time the province realized how badly they dropped the ball on supporting kids with Special Needs earlier this year. For example, my son's curriculum simply can't be done online. He's in a special class placement, so they're allowing he and his classmates (2) to attend in-person schooling with their full complement of teachers, EA's, and nursing care. They've committed to keep this going for however long the schools are "closed."
                                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                                Srixon Star XV
                                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X