Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

The one who had the poll on social media about Trump’s handling of the Coronavirus outbreak with voting options of ~super, great and above average (or something like that).
    Pretty sure that was Lou Dobbs.
    Ping G410 Plus
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G400 7W or 3H
    Ping G400 4H
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• The correct response to this virus? Test, identify contain. Worked in China once they stopped hiding the outbreak. Worked in this small Italian village in the center of Italy's outbreak.

The town of Vo was at the centre of Italy's coronavirus outbreak, but local scientists took drastic measures to protect residents. They haven't had a new COVID-19 case in a week.
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

So I posted earlier about GM helping a company that makes ventilators. The article indicated they were throwing their buying and procurement people and power to kind of work for the Ventilator Manufacturer to help them get more materials to build more units. Also doesn’t mean that in a week that they couldn’t take x number of UAW members from a car factory to train at the venitlator builder and train them to add shifts once they have the materials.
        If anything I think it would be the other way around. The companies that build are going 24/7, one plant in China is 80% above capacity utilization. The auto plants have the space needed to build more or build parts needed, it would give them the added assembly capacity. A VW spokesman told ABC news "Medical equipment is of course new to us but as soon as we know the requirements and receive the corresponding blueprint, we can start."

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Now get into 14 day isolation
          That was already planned.as I wrote here quite awhile ago. Thanks for reminding me that I'm stupid.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

• The keys to success in Singapore: being prepared, keeping those infected with coronavirus out of the community and communicating effectively with the public.

A good read. Something NA and Europe can learn from and hope it is not too late.

Comment

So I posted earlier about GM helping a company that makes ventilators. The article indicated they were throwing their buying and procurement people and power to kind of work for the Ventilator Manufacturer to help them get more materials to build more units. Also doesn’t mean that in a week that they couldn’t take x number of UAW members from a car factory to train at the venitlator builder and train them to add shifts once they have the materials.
              Not in a week but having added production capacity is still better than sitting like a lame duck and hope for the best.

Comment

• My barber texted me yesterday that they are closed for 2 weeks to do her part to self-isolate.

Went to my local coffee shop for a large coffee, the bill came to $2.75, I dropped in 2 toonies and said something along the line of 'I don't need change. At this time, we gotta help out each others.' The barrister behind the counter broke down and started sobbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                  My barber texted me yesterday that they are closed for 2 weeks to do her part to self-isolate.

Went to my local coffee shop for a large coffee, the bill came to $2.75, I dropped in 2 toonies and said something along the line of 'I don't need change. At this time, we gotta help out each others.' The barrister behind the counter broke down and started sobbing.

There has to be a good "lawyer" joke in there somewhere.
                  TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
                    My barber texted me yesterday that they are closed for 2 weeks to do her part to self-isolate.

Yes I agree...whatever amount comfortable should be given to those most likely to need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post

I'm not saying that there is nothing auto manufacturers can do, just that retooling is not one of them. Trump specifically talked about retooling. I saw a quote from a Trudeau official saying very much the same thing.

FWIW what the big auto manufacturers do very well is design new cars, build them very efficiently and market them effectively to us, the end customer. Tooling, building manufacturing facilities and logistics are the domain of the many third party companies that keep the industry humming along.
                      Why would you put any stock in anything the bumbling orange clown says?

I bet they talked about it because they have to explore all options but in reality you can’t assemble and build a brand new “assembly line” in a time period that would be meaningful. I also kind of expect these things are more hand-built than cars so it’s a matter of training more people to build them and getting more parts to build them with.

Comment

• Originally posted by wongmb View Post
                        https://theconversation.com/why-sing...l-learn-134024

A good read. Something NA and Europe can learn from and hope it is not too late.
                        A Quebec woman has been charged for breaking quarantine, isolating those who have tested positive is working for Singapore, are we willing to do the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
                          I’ve had multiple friends fly in from overseas and U.S this week and all were shocked at the lack of anything at Pearson regarding COVID.
                          All were expecting some serious delays or questioning. Were handed a sheet of paper and told to quarantine for 14 days.
                          I have a bad feeling our lack of doing much of anything is going to see our cases blow through the roof.
                          Yes I heard the same from a client that came back from Mexico on Wednesday. He said the only difference this time landing in Toronto is they got a sheet of paper with instructions to stay home for 14 days.

I know a certain troll already told you to stop it but I really don't care for anything they have to say
                          In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                          Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                          Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                          Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                          Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                          Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                          Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                          --------
                          Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Why would you put any stock in anything the bumbling orange clown says?

I bet they talked about it because they have to explore all options but in reality you can’t assemble and build a brand new “assembly line” in a time period that would be meaningful. I also kind of expect these things are more hand-built than cars so it’s a matter of training more people to build them and getting more parts to build them with.
                            Agreed on all points. I was a little surprised to hear similar noises from a Canadian government rep, but I guess they feel the need to make reassuring noises.

Getting more parts could also be a challenge depending on how specialized they are. From what remember from my brief time dealing with medical manufacturers, patient connected devices have very stringent safety requirements and that may limit the number of suppliers you can deal with. Medical device manufacturing is rather specialized.
                            In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                            and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Originally posted by Schylling View Post

If anything I think it would be the other way around. The companies that build are going 24/7, one plant in China is 80% above capacity utilization. The auto plants have the space needed to build more or build parts needed, it would give them the added assembly capacity. A VW spokesman told ABC news "Medical equipment is of course new to us but as soon as we know the requirements and receive the corresponding blueprint, we can start."
                              I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean start to "build it". They could source parts and assemble or source machines and actually make it. But they (VW, GM, etc) do little in the way of injection moulding(VW Stuttgart is an exception) anymore for the body or tubes for a ventilator. They don't make PCB boards for the controls, digital monitors or even do wiring harnesses anymore. They have suppliers for all these parts. They might be able to get them easily if their suppliers can retool quickly but the auto makers would be assemblers. Can they help, maybe but the idea that they will be able to do it in even 6 months would be a a surprise. Once they build a ventilator or a protective kit somebody would have to fast track qualification or testing to even make that happen. The car makers are mostly assemblers now, not "manufacturers" as we traditionally think of them. They source parts and assemblies and build cars. Metal frames, stamping, motors and some forging they are good at, but the rest is done by others. They do a great job of sourcing and qualifying these companies but do little of the work them selves.
                              This is related to the work I do, vendor qualifications for the auto industry and they are much more assemblers now than manufacturers. Can they do it faster than the gov't, maybe but can the present suppliers do it even faster is the question that needs to be asked. The gov't wouldn't even have a drawing unless they had a patent for the piece requested. The CDC does own many patents.

Comment

• Originally posted by vermin40 View Post
                                I’ve had multiple friends fly in from overseas and U.S this week and all were shocked at the lack of anything at Pearson regarding COVID.
                                All were expecting some serious delays or questioning. Were handed a sheet of paper and told to quarantine for 14 days.
                                I have a bad feeling our lack of doing much of anything is going to see our cases blow through the roof.
                                What was said about this?

"In simple terms, you cannot board a plane to Canada if you have been outside of Canada or the United States in the last 14 days, unless you are a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or in transit to a third country. Airlines are also denying boarding to passengers who are showing symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of citizenship."

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X