No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an endless argument. The vaccine can do no wrong for some and anything bad is just part of the "benefits outweigh the risks" argument. Anyway with a contrary argument gets labelled as an antivaxxer spreading misinformation and often falls in the "debunked" category. Where did this line of thinking originate from - think about it.

The whole situation with vaccine safety (long and short term) and duration of effectiveness is clear as mud to me but those with the vaccine goggles see otherwise - this is a big problem in my opinion. Lockdowns and economic impact are decisions of the government and they want you to blame the unvaccinated so they don't get the blame.

For all you who are pro vaccine coercion, how would you feel if government and employers were saying that since those people who are old or have comorbidities are at higher risk, we are going to be monitoring your health and you must obey or suffer the consequences - i.e. you have to have healthy blood tests, low blood pressure, normal BMI, show proof that you are eating healthy, exercising, getting enough sleep, have low stress (going to counselling if needed) etc., etc. I am sure if you looked at the numbers and percentages that a perfectly healthy unvaccinated 30 year old is less likely to die or suffer adverse effects from covid than a fully vaxxed 60 year old with comorbidities - would you agree?

If it was truly about people not dying then why is the government and media only focusing on the vaccine and nothing else? Logically, there would be focus and education on many things including proper sleep, lower stress, proper exercise and diet (including vitamin and mineral supplements and other supplement alternatives, low cholesterol, blood pressure etc., but this is not the case - why not? The flu is contagious and kills people every year, but there has never been any push or societal pressure to take the flu jab or be vilified if you don't take it - why not?

I am not denying that the vaccine offers life-saving antibodies, I am just questioning the long- term safety as well as the duration of this protection. I question the idea of mass vaccination versus use for just specific populations based on age and health status. Does the benefit truly outweigh the risk, if there is virtually no risk? How's this for an analogy - the lifetime risk for dying in a car accident is about 1/100 (google it). So, that's a 99% chance you won't die, similar to covid for the vast majority of us. IF the insurance companies were pushing this experimental drug that was marketed to improve your reflexes and mental clarity to avoid an accident and claimed a reduction of about 90% effective (Like mRNA jabs) - would you take it? For simplicity, lets say these drugs were showing rare but in some cases adverse side effects including death, blood clotting, myocarditis etc, just like our mRNA jabs. Lets also say that the insurance companies are saying that you should take it to not only protect yourself, but others as well - its your civic duty. As well, every time you renew your insurance, you have take the drug again - its not one and done because the protection fades over time. Oh yeah, one more thing - taking the drug doesn't guarantee you won't be in a car accident, just reduces the likelihood that you won't be in a fatal accident.

Lets also say that you have no issues with clarity or your reflexes, you've never been at fault in a car accident before and you feel there is no reason to question your driving ability - would you still take this experimental medicine being pushed by the insurance companies? What if they offered cheaper insurance in exchange for taking the medicine - would you do it then? For many of you, I am guessing that you would not take this experimental medicine to help with your driving because even though it may help, you feel you are a safe enough driver and don't want to take a chance with an experimental drug - what would you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by golfinseb View Post

I digress that I am not going to get into the discussion of which expert says what. I don't have the energy or desire to argue. A quick search of Google provides lots of pro mrna opinions, so you have ample support.

I'm more curious to know whether or not those who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons should face the same consequences as the percieved "baddies".
      That's an excuse, not a reason. You claimed plenty of experts are "concerned" about long term adverse effects of the vaccine. It should be easy to list them, or even a few.
      Who suggests that those medically advised not to get vaccinated should face "consequences". This is straw man argument with a touch of reductio ad absurdum. Persons advised not to vaccinate comprise a tiny tiny minority of the population. It's a number not worth talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingnut View Post

LOL.. you know that IS the propaganda right? It was right in the game plan from the event 201 meeting.
        Want to know who also has a part in this? Google ventures has a stake in the AZ vaccine through their ownership of Vaccitech. Other stakeholders are a Chinees bank, Gilead Sciences (who is controlled by Vangaurd and Blackrock - you've heard those names before right? They own 90% of the main stream media in the US) Do you think Google are doing anything to guide peoples search results towards vaccines? Think you'll get guided in that direction from the media.. Hmm, I wonder. Amazing how baffled you are by all the BS
        Yep all of the governments and all of the media and the vast majority of medical practitioners and infectious disease experts around the globe are 'all in this together'.

Oh boy that is a lot of Koolaid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post
          T. Anyway with a contrary argument gets labelled as an antivaxxer spreading misinformation and often falls in the "debunked" category.

The whole situation with vaccine safety (long and short term) and duration of effectiveness is clear as mud to me but those with the vaccine goggles see otherwise - this is a big problem in my opinion. Lockdowns and economic impact are decisions of the government and they want you to blame the unvaccinated so they don't get the blame.

I question the idea of mass vaccination versus use for just specific populations based on age and health status. Does the benefit truly outweigh the risk,
          So how come natural herd immunity did not work against
          • diphtheria
          • tetanus
          • polio
          • measles
          • mumps
          • rubella
          • meningitis (meningococcal disease)
          • whooping cough (pertussis)
          • chickenpox (varicella)
          or rabies?

Each requires/required vaccination to end/prevent epidemics.

Your inability to accept scientific fact would be humorous if it was not alarming.

As for 'experimental' vaccines and long term effects. Check the history of using insulin, penicillin and other vaccinations and drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Yep all of the governments and all of the media and the vast majority of medical practitioners and infectious disease experts around the globe are 'all in this together'.

Oh boy that is a lot of Koolaid.

Do you really think most people are stating their own opinions? Haven't you heard of what happens when they go against the narrative?
            TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
            TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
            TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
            Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
            Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
            100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

This is an endless argument. The vaccine can do no wrong for some and anything bad is just part of the "benefits outweigh the risks" argument. Anyway with a contrary argument gets labelled as an antivaxxer spreading misinformation and often falls in the "debunked" category. Where did this line of thinking originate from - think about it.

For all you who are pro vaccine coercion, how would you feel if government and employers were saying that since those people who are old or have comorbidities are at higher risk, we are going to be monitoring your health and you must obey or suffer the consequences - i.e. you have to have healthy blood tests, low blood pressure, normal BMI, show proof that you are eating healthy, exercising, getting enough sleep, have low stress (going to counselling if needed) etc., etc. I am sure if you looked at the numbers and percentages that a perfectly healthy unvaccinated 30 year old is less likely to die or suffer adverse effects from covid than a fully vaxxed 60 year old with comorbidities - would you agree?

If it was truly about people not dying then why is the government and media only focusing on the vaccine and nothing else? Logically, there would be focus and education on many things including proper sleep, lower stress, proper exercise and diet (including vitamin and mineral supplements and other supplement alternatives, low cholesterol, blood pressure etc., but this is not the case - why not? The flu is contagious and kills people every year, but there has never been any push or societal pressure to take the flu jab or be vilified if you don't take it - why not?

I am not denying that the vaccine offers life-saving antibodies, I am just questioning the long- term safety as well as the duration of this protection. I question the idea of mass vaccination versus use for just specific populations based on age and health status. Does the benefit truly outweigh the risk, if there is virtually no risk? How's this for an analogy - the lifetime risk for dying in a car accident is about 1/100 (google it). So, that's a 99% chance you won't die, similar to covid for the vast majority of us. IF the insurance companies were pushing this experimental drug that was marketed to improve your reflexes and mental clarity to avoid an accident and claimed a reduction of about 90% effective (Like mRNA jabs) - would you take it? For simplicity, lets say these drugs were showing rare but in some cases adverse side effects including death, blood clotting, myocarditis etc, just like our mRNA jabs. Lets also say that the insurance companies are saying that you should take it to not only protect yourself, but others as well - its your civic duty. As well, every time you renew your insurance, you have take the drug again - its not one and done because the protection fades over time. Oh yeah, one more thing - taking the drug doesn't guarantee you won't be in a car accident, just reduces the likelihood that you won't be in a fatal accident.

Lets also say that you have no issues with clarity or your reflexes, you've never been at fault in a car accident before and you feel there is no reason to question your driving ability - would you still take this experimental medicine being pushed by the insurance companies? What if they offered cheaper insurance in exchange for taking the medicine - would you do it then? For many of you, I am guessing that you would not take this experimental medicine to help with your driving because even though it may help, you feel you are a safe enough driver and don't want to take a chance with an experimental drug - what would you do?
              There is just so much wrong with this diatribe.
              -nobody is saying the vaccine can do no wrong. That's a straw man. We are saying it's a huge NET benefit.
              -the numbers to calculate vaccine safety are literally all over the internet and this forum. Percentages have actually been posted here and links to websites with huge data. The most studied and carefully watched vaccine rollout in history. It isn't "clear as mud", it is clear. Long term safety concerns are extremely low probability. To you that is a cause of concern. Better chance of getting hit by lightning or attacked by a shark.
              - if recent numbers show anything, it's that the vaccine works better then expected. Areas with low Vax rates continue to struggle. Yes, anti-vaxxers and reluctant vaxxers will be criticized because the probabilities are overwhelmingly on the side of the vaccine. They somehow see it as 50/50. That's delusional.
              -if we have said it once, we have said it 100 times. Talking about a healthy 30 year old odds of "dying" by Covid misses a huge part of the equation. He can exponentially spread the virus to people who will die or suffer immensely. Every person who should take the vaccine but doesn't make it harder for us to cross the line.
              -do not compare Covid and the flu or the vaccine and flu shots. The numbers are not the same and the risks completely different.
              -your hypothetical situation doesn't quite cut it. The vaccines are no longer "experimental" drugs. This has been covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post
                That's an excuse, not a reason. You claimed plenty of experts are "concerned" about long term adverse effects of the vaccine. It should be easy to list them, or even a few.
                Who suggests that those medically advised not to get vaccinated should face "consequences". This is straw man argument with a touch of reductio ad absurdum. Persons advised not to vaccinate comprise a tiny tiny minority of the population. It's a number not worth talking about.
                I have no interest in arguing with you about expert opinions, you win all the experts agree with you. I was wrong no experts have any concerns about the long term risks of mrna vaccines.

That being said, it would seem that the manufacturers would accept full liability under such conditions but they have not. Why?

I'm not convinced that it is acceptable to force others to undergo medical procedures, or coerce them to do so. Imo the choice to be vaccinated is ultimately to protect yourself, most people lie and pretend they give a damn about others. As evidenced on here, some would rather those they disagree with die because that would make them feel safer. The way some of you talk, there should be no concern as all the "anti-vaxxers" will die from covid soon.

It has been stated repeatedly that those who do not vaccinate should face consequences. What consequences should the minority who cannot be vaccinated face? What reasons are acceptable for exemption?

The group think likes to pretend it's just concerts and international travel. Really it's work and the ability to support families that's on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

So how come natural herd immunity did not work against
                  • diphtheria
                  • tetanus
                  • polio
                  • measles
                  • mumps
                  • rubella
                  • meningitis (meningococcal disease)
                  • whooping cough (pertussis)
                  • chickenpox (varicella)
                  or rabies?

Each requires/required vaccination to end/prevent epidemics.

Your inability to accept scientific fact would be humorous if it was not alarming.

As for 'experimental' vaccines and long term effects. Check the history of using insulin, penicillin and other vaccinations and drugs.
                  Why are you bringing up those conditions and herd immunity? This is totally irrelevant to covid and any argument for mass vaccination. I won't break down every disease you mentioned but in the case of measles, I am pretty certain than the vaccine was over 99% effective at preventing infection - can you say the same for the mRNA jabs? As well, I don't ever recall hearing about deaths or blood clots or adverse side effects from the measles vaccine - are they on par with the mRNA jabs or considered safer? From what I know about measles - much more contagious and higher likelihood for death and complications with young children compared to covid. I am totally for measles vaccination but this is a much different disease than covid and the vaccines appear to be much safe than covid. Your inability to accept scientific fact that these are completely different diseases and accept the fact that the measles vaccine is infinitely safer and more effective than the covid jabs would be humorous if it was not alarming.

All I am advocating for is vaccinate those in need now and wait for more safety data to come out before vaccinating the masses. If you vaccinate the vulnerable then we have a disease with a 99%+ survival rate - is this really an epidemic, especially if we continue to use masks and social distance when we are able to?

One more thing, the history of insulin or penicillin is irrelevant. Yes they were experimental at one time and yes they are safe - this doesn't mean you can say the same thing for mRNA jabs. We hope it will be the same, but we need many years to determine this. You may know a thing or two about vaccines but you need to brush up on your logic. Whats happened in the past with "experimental" drugs is irrelevant as they have no bearing on something completely different - these are completely different drugs treating a completely different disease - this is about the weakest argument that I can think of lol and honestly it would be humorous if it was not alarming that you actually wrote this as evidence that the mRNA jabs are safe. If insulin or penicillin were not safe - this would not tell us that the mRNA jabs are not safe would they? Think about it.

Comment

Why are you bringing up those conditions and herd immunity? This is totally irrelevant to covid and any argument for mass vaccination. I won't break down every disease you mentioned but in the case of measles, I am pretty certain than the vaccine was over 99% effective at preventing infection - can you say the same for the mRNA jabs? As well, I don't ever recall hearing about deaths or blood clots or adverse side effects from the measles vaccine - are they on par with the mRNA jabs or considered safer? From what I know about measles - much more contagious and higher likelihood for death and complications with young children compared to covid. I am totally for measles vaccination but this is a much different disease than covid and the vaccines appear to be much safe than covid. Your inability to accept scientific fact that these are completely different diseases and accept the fact that the measles vaccine is infinitely safer and more effective than the covid jabs would be humorous if it was not alarming.

All I am advocating for is vaccinate those in need now and wait for more safety data to come out before vaccinating the masses. If you vaccinate the vulnerable then we have a disease with a 99%+ survival rate - is this really an epidemic, especially if we continue to use masks and social distance when we are able to?

One more thing, the history of insulin or penicillin is irrelevant. Yes they were experimental at one time and yes they are safe - this doesn't mean you can say the same thing for mRNA jabs. We hope it will be the same, but we need many years to determine this. You may know a thing or two about vaccines but you need to brush up on your logic. Whats happened in the past with "experimental" drugs is irrelevant as they have no bearing on something completely different - these are completely different drugs treating a completely different disease - this is about the weakest argument that I can think of lol and honestly it would be humorous if it was not alarming that you actually wrote this as evidence that the mRNA jabs are safe. If insulin or penicillin were not safe - this would not tell us that the mRNA jabs are not safe would they? Think about it.
                    Your posting above has amply demonstrated that you are not making any sense whatsoever.

Just a few examples.

Why are you bringing up those conditions and herd immunity? This is totally irrelevant to covid and any argument for mass vaccination.
                    This is pure balderdash on your part. Discussion of mass vaccination and herd immunity go hand in glove. Those who are anti-vax mention as you have, ‘natural’ immunity, etc. The mention of these is totally appropriate.

I won't break down every disease you mentioned but in the case of measles, I am pretty certain than the vaccine was over 99% effective at preventing infection - can you say the same for the mRNA jabs
                    ? Just check the reported effectiveness of the COVID vaccines at preventing death and severe illness (ICU) admission. Yes it is highly effective.

As well, I don't ever recall hearing about deaths or blood clots or adverse side effects from the measles vaccine
                    . That’s just obtuse. Anti-vaxxers started by making all kinds of claims about adverse side effects from these other mentioned vaccines.

One more thing, the history of insulin or penicillin is irrelevant. Yes they were experimental at one time and yes they are safe - this doesn't mean you can say the same thing for mRNA jabs
                    . So you would have refused insulin and penicillin when they were first introduced based on the same ‘logic’ you are using against mRNA vaccines? The COVID vaccines have gone through more intensive testing and trials than many of the pharmaceuticals and other vaccines that we regularly use and that have proven to be 'safe'.

Comment

• Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post

your tinfoil hat is crooked. better straighten it.
                      What, you don't believe in the Event 201 meeting?

That's where this whole scamdemic was cooked up.

Anyone who thinks for themselves, thinks critically and relies on facts (research institutions and publications, hospitals, pharmacos, universities, etc. excluded) can figure this stuff out.
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by golfinseb View Post

I have no interest in arguing with you about expert opinions, you win all the experts agree with you. I was wrong no experts have any concerns about the long term risks of mrna vaccines.

That being said, it would seem that the manufacturers would accept full liability under such conditions but they have not. Why?

I'm not convinced that it is acceptable to force others to undergo medical procedures, or coerce them to do so. Imo the choice to be vaccinated is ultimately to protect yourself, most people lie and pretend they give a damn about others. As evidenced on here, some would rather those they disagree with die because that would make them feel safer. The way some of you talk, there should be no concern as all the "anti-vaxxers" will die from covid soon.

It has been stated repeatedly that those who do not vaccinate should face consequences. What consequences should the minority who cannot be vaccinated face? What reasons are acceptable for exemption?

The group think likes to pretend it's just concerts and international travel. Really it's work and the ability to support families that's on the line.
                        I don't advocate non-vaxxers "should" face consequences. I will not surprised when they do. From not being able to travel to refusals at restaurants. Again, you are free to make a choice but you cannot be free from the consequences of your choices. Again, "the minority" who cannot be vaccinated are so tiny it's hardly worth discussing. I suspect they live like virtual hermits or are hospitalized regardless.
                        re: liability. Azar invoked a 2005 act exempting the companies from liability although the US does have a fund for those to apply if adverse effects should become an issue. The National Vaccine Injury Fund has been in place for some time. Is it ideal? No but the govt chose to invoke the act during the pandemic which is what it was designed for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingnut View Post

LOL.. you know that IS the propaganda right? It was right in the game plan from the event 201 meeting.
                          Want to know who also has a part in this? Google ventures has a stake in the AZ vaccine through their ownership of Vaccitech. Other stakeholders are a Chinees bank, Gilead Sciences (who is controlled by Vangaurd and Blackrock - you've heard those names before right? They own 90% of the main stream media in the US) Do you think Google are doing anything to guide peoples search results towards vaccines? Think you'll get guided in that direction from the media.. Hmm, I wonder. Amazing how baffled you are by all the BS
                          You forgot the Rand Corporation, the Saucer People and the Reverse Vampires.
                          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

You forgot the Rand Corporation, the Saucer People and the Reverse Vampires.
                            Did I say something untrue? Does it seem a stretch that companies that control the media and internet and also own the covid vaccines would use those mediums to promote their products and downplay / censor / discredit everything else?
                            TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                            TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                            TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                            Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                            Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                            100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

You should fire your research assistant.

The Vaccine Safety Committee was charged with assessing a causal relation between all of the vaccines that it reviewed and death. The myriad possible causes of death made this a difficult task. To facilitate review of this serious adverse event, the committee used a categorization scheme, which is discussed below. Because the vast majority of reports of death following vaccination reside in passive surveillance systems, the committee used the scheme to analyze data from a currently operating one, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). A description of the system is included in this chapter, and the results of this analysis are also discussed. All evidence reviewed by the committee (published literature and reports from the passive surveillance systems of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] and U.S. Food and Drug Administration [FDA]) regarding deaths in association with immunization is discussed later in this chapter.

Honestly, it would be humorous if it was not alarming that you keep pulling stuff out of your butt and calling it "scientific fact".

TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

There is just so much wrong with this diatribe.
                                -nobody is saying the vaccine can do no wrong. That's a straw man. We are saying it's a huge NET benefit.
                                -the numbers to calculate vaccine safety are literally all over the internet and this forum. Percentages have actually been posted here and links to websites with huge data. The most studied and carefully watched vaccine rollout in history. It isn't "clear as mud", it is clear. Long term safety concerns are extremely low probability. To you that is a cause of concern. Better chance of getting hit by lightning or attacked by a shark.
                                - if recent numbers show anything, it's that the vaccine works better then expected. Areas with low Vax rates continue to struggle. Yes, anti-vaxxers and reluctant vaxxers will be criticized because the probabilities are overwhelmingly on the side of the vaccine. They somehow see it as 50/50. That's delusional.
                                -if we have said it once, we have said it 100 times. Talking about a healthy 30 year old odds of "dying" by Covid misses a huge part of the equation. He can exponentially spread the virus to people who will die or suffer immensely. Every person who should take the vaccine but doesn't make it harder for us to cross the line.
                                -do not compare Covid and the flu or the vaccine and flu shots. The numbers are not the same and the risks completely different.
                                -your hypothetical situation doesn't quite cut it. The vaccines are no longer "experimental" drugs. This has been covered.
                                Lol, there is so much wrong with your diatribe.

1. Huge NET benefit is debatable not fact because we don't know the long term consequence yet of both effectiveness and safety.
                                2. Long term safety concerns - you say low probability but the reality is that we cannot comment as there is no way of knowing. Brand new tech and application, can't use past history of different vaccines as any sort of indicator.
                                3. Nobody is saying the its a 50/50 proposition or at least I am not. Its more about whether or not its a necessary risk to to take - this is an individual decision and different for everyone based on their own health and living situation. To lump everyone into the same category is just asinine in my opinion.
                                4. Your ability to "cross the finish line" is the fault of the imperfect vaccines - can it be done with a vaccine that offers waning protection over time and doesn't stop infection and transmission?
                                5. Yes I agree the flu and covid are far different, but the fact still remains the flu kills too, yet why is this "not part of the equation" in terms of pressure to get jabbed? You never answered this.
                                6. Since the vaccine does not prevent infection or transmission, the vaxxed person can also as you say "exponentially spread the virus to people who will die or suffer immensely.". I am not denying this fact for an unvaxxed person, but you talk like its black and white that its almost certain that an unvaxxed person will not only get covid but spread it. Considering a world population of 8 billion and about 200 million covid infections to date, you're looking at 2.5% of the population has been infected - hardly a certainty that an unvaxxed will get and spread covid to someone. It may be a higher likelihood than a vaxxed person but not a certainty.
                                7. Not sure how you define "experimental" but I would say that if the general safety trials of drugs takes several years, then the same should apply - it will be experimental for the next couple of years at least.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X