Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Fine words for a guy who constantly whines about how insulting others are.
    It’s the only defense he has when he realizes he has no valid argument or position to post. Sad!

Comment

• OMK guys . . . maybe we should all go hit some balls at the range . . . this is getting way too personal . . .
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Well, there goes the Nurmemburg Code argument.

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
        Well we can finally end discussion on Pfizer and Moderna vaxxes being (so called by some) “experimental.”

Both receive full approval from Health Canada.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...8O7?li=AAggNb9
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredk View Post

Fine words for a guy who constantly whines about how insulting others are.
          wait... so you take issue with me suggesting people are on edge.. but say nothing to the hysterical guy who said things that had to be censored by the vBulletin software because they were so inappropriate? or the guy who used multiple terms designed to denigrate my character and felt the need to inject my child into the conversation? Classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
            Well, there goes the Nurmemburg Code argument.
            But what about the Geneva Convention and the UN Resolution 3.11.5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
              OMK guys . . . maybe we should all go hit some balls at the range . . . this is getting way too personal . . .
              The voice of reason.

I will know on September 23rd if I can attend the October 4th TGN Carrying Place Day. Certainly hope that I can.

Just don't expect me to hit anything long or with any consistency if I can attend.

On the two days following Carrying Place Day I am scheduled to be in the hospital for multiple tests. So will hopefully be getting some good news.

Comment

• I'm happy for you. You have the hope of playing before the year ends. My torn ACL won't likely allow be to play for the remainder of this year, and I have already missed nearly a month of golf already. The doc told me it'll be weeks before I could even consider playing. All of that said, I have watched a lot of sporting events on TV.

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

The voice of reason.

I will know on September 23rd if I can attend the October 4th TGN Carrying Place Day. Certainly hope that I can.

Just don't expect me to hit anything long or with any consistency if I can attend.

On the two days following Carrying Place Day I am scheduled to be in the hospital for multiple tests. So will hopefully be getting some good news.
                This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Idaho has more COVID patients than beds. Montana in the same boat

Hospitals in Idaho are so overwhelmed by a surge in COVID-19 cases, that they’ve had to find out-of-state medical providers to help with patient overflow. “You’re taking seven to eight hours to call a bunch of hospitals to see if one will take your patient who might face a time-sensitive emergency,” Dr. David Pate, a […]

MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

no... I can believe something to be true and still not want to do it... I believe eating artificial sugars is bad for my health... I still eat them... I believe smoking causes cancer.... I still smoke...

It is obvious that limiting social interactions reduces spread, likewise for masking and distancing... that doesn't mean I want to abide by those protocols, and certainly don't want the government getting involved... likewise for Kenney and DeSantis.. is there a record of either of them saying masking and distancing doesn't work? or do they just want to let adults make decisions on their own?
                    In your examples above, you eating sugar has no direct impact on me. However, you smoking near me or indoors at a restaurant/pub etc. does; this is one of the reasons why laws were put into effect not allowing you to smoke under all circumstances. Someone not getting vaccinate can also have a direct impact on me - via infection as well as a more direct link to a potential "wave" impact to the health care system. I'd also consider this "I don't feel like it" view re: vaccines is pretty selfish.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjmtengu View Post

In your examples above, you eating sugar has no direct impact on me. However, you smoking near me or indoors at a restaurant/pub etc. does; this is one of the reasons why laws were put into effect not allowing you to smoke under all circumstances. Someone not getting vaccinate can also have a direct impact on me - via infection as well as a more direct link to a potential "wave" impact to the health care system. I'd also consider this "I don't feel like it" view re: vaccines is pretty selfish.
                      They were examples of believing the science but making a conscious choice to accept those risks.

I am vaccinated (not fully, yet) and I wear a mask for 12 hours a day at work and respect distancing when I am in public. That doesn’t mean I think people who do not want to be vaccinated should be compelled by government or their employer.

I don’t understand how the notion that people should be able to refuse a medical treatment is selfish... wanting them to be compelled to receive that medical treatment to “protect MY family” is selfish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

The voice of reason.

Isn't it all of us . . .

I hope you are there . . . will be nice to meet you.

Comment

They were examples of believing the science but making a conscious choice to accept those risks.

I am vaccinated (not fully, yet) and I wear a mask for 12 hours a day at work and respect distancing when I am in public. That doesn’t mean I think people who do not want to be vaccinated should be compelled by government or their employer.

I don’t understand how the notion that people should be able to refuse a medical treatment is selfish... wanting them to be compelled to receive that medical treatment to “protect MY family” is selfish.
                          This is a hilarious example of a person deluding themselves. It should be in a textbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpare View Post
                            My torn ACL won't likely allow be to play for the remainder of this year, and I have already missed nearly a month of golf already. The doc told me it'll be weeks before I could even consider playing. All of that said, I have watched a lot of sporting events on TV.
                            I was wondering why you were MIA. I thought you just afraid that I would take a couple of $$ from you . . . in my dream. Take it easy Michael, ACL is a serious business. Take care of yourself . . .

Comment

wait... so you take issue with me suggesting people are on edge.. but say nothing to the hysterical guy who said things that had to be censored by the vBulletin software because they were so inappropriate? or the guy who used multiple terms designed to denigrate my character and felt the need to inject my child into the conversation? Classic.
                              Assuming that was directed at me? Then you also assumed the software censored what I wrote. No it did not actually. I did type a series of asterisks to let your imagination run amok.

Your insulting handle that you hide behind on here does all the denigrating of your character on here all by itself. You worship the ground “Former Guy” walks on. He’s every bit the sort of scumbag that your namesake is. I’m just simply pointing out all the evidence you provide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Assuming that was directed at me? Then you also assumed the software censored what I wrote. No it did not actually. I did type a series of asterisks to let your imagination run amok.

Your insulting handle that you hide behind on here does all the denigrating of your character on here all by itself. You worship the ground “Former Guy” walks on. He’s every bit the sort of scumbag that your namesake is. I’m just simply pointing out all the evidence you provide.
                                Why do people voluntarily introduce irrelevant personal information and then complain when others make reference to it?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X