Collapse

2023-24 . . . Our raptors . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Good to be wrong. I've been saying the same thing a lot lately. I heard they'd lost 15 in a row and only lost (gained?) a game and a half to Memphis. Amazing how bad the bottom of the NBA can be.
    Yeah, I was quite surprised this morning when I saw they actually won. I have mixed feelings; obviously I like that they win the odd game, but I'd like them to get a top 6 draft pick.

Comment

• And Memphis won too..... The Lottery balls will tell the story. Yesterday they did have a better line-up and it showed. Poeltl & Barnes missing, but a big differentce with IQ, RJ & GTJ in the starting line-up.

2024-25 expect Barnes, Poeltl, IQ, RJ & Ochai as the starting 5, unless a big signing. Dick, Olynyk, a draft pick or two & hopefully a Free Agent or two to round it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
        And Memphis won too..... The Lottery balls will tell the story. Yesterday they did have a better line-up and it showed. Poeltl & Barnes missing, but a big differentce with IQ, RJ & GTJ in the starting line-up.

2024-25 expect Barnes, Poeltl, IQ, RJ & Ochai as the starting 5, unless a big signing. Dick, Olynyk, a draft pick or two & hopefully a Free Agent or two to round it out.
        Didn’t hurt that Giannis was out for MB.
        EMTEE
        __________________________________________________ ____________________________

"It makes you realize that you're not only playing for the guys in the room with you now,
        but the guys who have been there before."
        (Jonathan Toews)

Titleist 910D3 9.5
        Titleist 913F 15*
        Titleist 913H 19*
        Titleist 910H 21*

Bridgestone J36 PC 5-PW Project X 5.0
        Titleist Vokey 52°-08- 56°-06, 60°-08
        Betti BB1

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Yeah, I was quite surprised this morning when I saw they actually won. I have mixed feelings; obviously I like that they win the odd game, but I'd like them to get a top 6 draft pick.
          I have mixed feelings about that. A weak draft. But I suppose the lottery balls could have us move up and maybe grab a stud. I really like Konecht. He's a better Dick than Dick. I know that doesn't sound right.

Comment

• So let's rest. Why? Because we can't expect athletes who earn millions to play back to back. This is really ticking me off. I know management tanks. But this is over the top. MJ played the whole season at age 40. I don't remember many getting rested when Nurse was coaching. Maybe in Tampa? They wanted to keep the pick. Congrats.
            Last edited by nomullies; Apr 11, 2024, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
              So let's rest. Why? Because we can't expect athletes who earn millions to play back to back. This is really ticking me off. I know management tanks. But this is over the top. MJ played the whole season at age 40. I don't remember many getting rested when Nurse was coaching. Maybe in Tampa? They wanted to keep the puck. Congrats.
              Obvious tanking used to be frowned upon and seen as unsportsmanlike to say the least. Now it's seen as good strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Obvious tanking used to be frowned upon and seen as unsportsmanlike to say the least. Now it's seen as good strategy.
                Yes at least they pretended RJ had a knee issue. That loss guaranteed 6th, now just need to stay there and then cross fingers for 2024/25.

Not world beaters, but like the core four Barnes, IQ, RJ & Poeltl. Olynyk is good off the bench, saw glimpses with Dick, and know they see more in Agbaji (and hope for an offensive jump next year) then I do.

1 to 2 more scorers off the bench & could be a much better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Yes at least they pretended RJ had a knee issue. That loss guaranteed 6th, now just need to stay there and then cross fingers for 2024/25.

Not world beaters, but like the core four Barnes, IQ, RJ & Poeltl. Olynyk is good off the bench, saw glimpses with Dick, and know they see more in Agbaji (and hope for an offensive jump next year) then I do.

1 to 2 more scorers off the bench & could be a much better team.
                  I think they need some mean and rebounding too. Preferably in the same guy(s).

Comment

• Thought I wouldn't feel this way but I will be glad when the season is over.
                    Ping G410 Plus
                    Ping G410 3W
                    Ping G400 7W or 3H
                    Ping G400 4H
                    Ping G400 5 - UW
                    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Sad isn’t it?

Comment

• It’s been over for a while for me.

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                        Thought I wouldn't feel this way but I will be glad when the season is over.
                        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• More than just the season, his whole career is over now:

Jontay Porter banned for life from the NBA.

Jontay Porter has been banned from the NBA for life. The former Toronto Raptors backup centre's punishment was announced on Wednesday after the NBA completed its investigation into gambling allegations against Porter.

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                            More than just the season, his whole career is over now:

Jontay Porter banned for life from the NBA.

Jontay Porter has been banned from the NBA for life. The former Toronto Raptors backup centre's punishment was announced on Wednesday after the NBA completed its investigation into gambling allegations against Porter.

I’m thinking more such cases will come up which begs the question - can legal gambling and sports coexist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post

I’m thinking more such cases will come up which begs the question - can legal gambling and sports coexist?
                              I am sure he is checking his interpreter . . .
                              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post

It's a good question.

From my personal perspective, I hope they find a way to better separate them in the future. That is probably naive given the money involved.

I hate how so much of today's sports coverage is about the betting and not the players and the game.
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X