No announcement yet.
Collapse

Random thoughts thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m a tape guy and we make some good stuff but I’d have been alarmed if I’d looked out the window of my plane and saw this!

Apparently it is legit though.

Comment

• Oh the horrors that take place in TX!!

AUSTIN, Texas — Avery Ranch Golf Club violated an Austin zoning code when it allowed an adult entertainment club to host a tournament including topless women, an official said. Austin City Council Member Mackenzie Kelly said she heard about the event when parents

A high school golf team showed up for a practice at a course but the course was hosting a tourney sponsored by an Adult Entertainment business. “Some of the golf team witnessed topless women handing out drinks.”

Didn’t say if the golfers were male, female or both. If there were girls there I am sure they were offended. The guys on the other hand probably thought they were in for the practice rounds of their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
        Oh the horrors that take place in TX!!

AUSTIN, Texas — Avery Ranch Golf Club violated an Austin zoning code when it allowed an adult entertainment club to host a tournament including topless women, an official said. Austin City Council Member Mackenzie Kelly said she heard about the event when parents

A high school golf team showed up for a practice at a course but the course was hosting a tourney sponsored by an Adult Entertainment business. “Some of the golf team witnessed topless women handing out drinks.”

Didn’t say if the golfers were male, female or both. If there were girls there I am sure they were offended. The guys on the other hand probably thought they were in for the practice rounds of their lives.
        And everything is bigger In Texas
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• You have to love the state's priorities. Unpacking one's bosoms creates an existential crisis. Packing firearms is of no concern.

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
          Oh the horrors that take place in TX!!

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Two men indicted for allegedly cheating in a fishing tournament.

Will this be an example of the scales of justice, or the justice of the scales?...

Two anglers accused of stuffing fish in an attempt to win thousands of dollars at an Ohio fishing tournament last month have been charged, authorities announced Wednesday.

Comment

I’m a tape guy and we make some good stuff but I’d have been alarmed if I’d looked out the window of my plane and saw this!

Apparently it is legit though.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/new...QQ3?li=AAggNb9
              I would be having cat conniptions if I saw that out the window from my airplane seat. Isn't that a relatively new aircraft?

Seen this guy around???

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	301
Size:	564.5 KB
ID:	3598472

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

I would be having cat conniptions if I saw that out the window from my airplane seat. Isn't that a relatively new aircraft?

Seen this guy around???

Views:	301
Size:	564.5 KB
ID:	3598472
                I gave his brother a tour of my Dad’s tape factory while they were still in production. We gave him a 50” wide roll of duct tape to see if they’d use it on the show somewhere.

The tape on that wing is not duct tape though and 3M does (and others too) make some adhesives that are pretty incredible.

Comment

I gave his brother a tour of my Dad’s tape factory while they were still in production. We gave him a 50” wide roll of duct tape to see if they’d use it on the show somewhere.

The tape on that wing is not duct tape though and 3M does (and others too) make some adhesives that are pretty incredible.
                  Agreed, but unsettling and not confidence inspiring. I have a fear of flying phobia and while I understand this is not in any way a structural or mechanical fault, I probably would get quite anxious just staying on the plane and if I did, would be riveted to watching this in case the tape started to unravel while in flight.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Avid fishers in the USA are not amused with these alleged cheats. They're lucky that swift justice was not administered at the fishing derby. Apparently, their wins improved remarkably recently at these cash tournaments. They had better hope that they're not tried before a judge who loves to fish.

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                    Two men indicted for allegedly cheating in a fishing tournament.

Will this be an example of the scales of justice, or the justice of the scales?...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/13/sport...ted/index.html

Comment

• Is there a rule of the road in downtown Toronto of which I'm aware that states that drivers bear the primary responsibility to protect pedestrians from themselves, while the latter stupidly and aimlessly walk about with their heads down while gazing at their cell phones? I'm just kidding, of course, but are these communications that important that they can't look out for their own safety and that of others?

Comment

• Darwin Award

Florida lawyer who fought against motorcyle helmet laws dies after crashing his motorcycle while not wearing one. Well at least he got his freedum. Also killed his helmetless girlfriend in the same accident. From the description in the article he lost control and crashed on his own.

Sorry SA20 but rather than feel sorry for him I am celebrating his freedom to choose.

Comment

Darwin Award

Florida lawyer who fought against motorcyle helmet laws dies after crashing his motorcycle while not wearing one. Well at least he got his freedum. Also killed his helmetless girlfriend in the same accident. From the description in the article he lost control and crashed on his own.

Sorry SA20 but rather than feel sorry for him I am celebrating his freedom to choose.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/fl...dbV?li=AAggNb9
                          I've had a few bikes, never had the desire to ride without a helmet.
                          Ping G410 Plus
                          Ping G410 3W
                          Ping G400 7W or 3H
                          Ping G400 4H
                          Ping G400 5 - UW
                          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                          Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                          Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Make it feel like Christmas is getting near by watching Hans Gruber fall off of Nakatomi Plaza for 25 straight days!
                            Get itmoderndeal.co/E6827​

Name:	30B76D22-65C3-44C1-8845-726874151F53.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	3603495
                            Ping G410 Plus
                            Ping G410 3W
                            Ping G400 7W or 3H
                            Ping G400 4H
                            Ping G400 5 - UW
                            Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                            Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                            Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                            Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• doh!!

Views:	247
Size:	583.9 KB
ID:	3604970
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	313417129_1996127430575819_1838490390426740306_n.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	3604992
                                winner
                                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X