Collapse

Random thoughts thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
    I just got a shipping notice from UPS (checked, it's legit) for something being shipped from the US from a golf company. Funny thing is, I don't remember buying anything from the US recently.
    Are you on the Titleist mail list at all? I once got a sleeve of Pro V1’s from them just for subscribing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

Are you on the Titleist mail list at all? I once got a sleeve of Pro V1’s from them just for subscribing.
      Yes, but have been on there for years. I’ll report back with what shakes out.
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

• My wife just said "You didn't hear a single word I just said did you?"

What a weird way to start a conversation.
        Ping G410 Plus
        Ping G410 3W
        Ping G400 7W or 3H
        Ping G400 4H
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Yes, but have been on there for years. I’ll report back with what shakes out.
          Is the shipper “Acushnet?”

Comment

Is the shipper “Acushnet?”
            nope. Cam Golf

I googled it and got this

Cam Golf Inc - Your source for golf equipment in the Chicago area

not sure if it's the same or not.

Comment

nope. Cam Golf

I googled it and got this

Cam Golf Inc - Your source for golf equipment in the Chicago area

not sure if it's the same or not.
              Hmmm, never heard of them. Interested in hearing what turns up.

Comment

A new set of irons would not be disappointing.

But seeing as it weighs 2 pounds, that is doubtful.
                Last edited by Jeffc; Apr 20, 2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                  My wife just said "You didn't hear a single word I just said did you?"

What a weird way to start a conversation.

Comment

well, I called UPS as it said had been delivered to eBay's Global Shipping Centre in KY. They couldn't tell me the answer but gave me the name of the company that shipped it. I called them and they weren't sure what happened but are looking into it. Somehow my email and UPS account got attached to this order which is weird as I have never bought anything from this company before and haven't used eBay in 2 years. There are no orders under my account since then. The mystery continues.

Comment

well, I called UPS as it said had been delivered to eBay's Global Shipping Centre in KY. They couldn't tell me the answer but gave me the name of the company that shipped it. I called them and they weren't sure what happened but are looking into it. Somehow my email and UPS account got attached to this order which is weird as I have never bought anything from this company before and haven't used eBay in 2 years. There are no orders under my account since then. The mystery continues.
                      Fraudsters ordering stuff on stolen credit cards then getting refunds when it doesn’t get delivered or the confused recipient sends it back?

CTC MasterCard called my last night about charges on a card I only use online and have only used one place in the last few years. They ran it up to the limit online beginning the day after the statement which I’d just reviewed. Fortunately I keep a low limit on that card on purpose and MC pretty quickly recognized shopping at places that don’t make sense.

Comment

Fraudsters ordering stuff on stolen credit cards then getting refunds when it doesn’t get delivered or the confused recipient sends it back?

CTC MasterCard called my last night about charges on a card I only use online and have only used one place in the last few years. They ran it up to the limit online beginning the day after the statement which I’d just reviewed. Fortunately I keep a low limit on that card on purpose and MC pretty quickly recognized shopping at places that don’t make sense.
                        ya, the thought had crossed my mind with regards to something nefarious happening. I checked my ebay account and visa and nothing awry. The visa has been compromised a few times in the past but just really odd. I will call the golf place back next week to discuss further.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	279085130_503939811515963_2120039068839938059_n.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	3535499
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• TGN algorithm is showing me the below...again, for some reasons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	406
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	3536902

Comment

• My fault. Sorry. Won’t happen again.

Comment

• Haven’t found an Ontario election thread yet so I’ll drop this here. Clipped from an article I was reading but was not related to the article directly. Kinda funny though.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	EDB2AD82-063F-4B68-9469-A96EEC7ADF89.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	3537025

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays