Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mauds View Post

How do you fix the problem without destroying the reason many people sign up for Gold courses in the first place?
    I for one would be up to supporting a group case that CL start enforcing a 1:1 based playing your home club level to the level up.....i.e your not buying a gold level to just play platinum or platinum just to play prestige. . I would think there are enough members here plus the members they/we know it would be a good size list.
    Last edited by chrish8; Jun 16, 2018, 02:58 PM.
    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

I for one would be up to supporting a group case that CL start enforcing a 1:1 based playing your home club level to the level up.....i.e your not buying a gold level to just play platinum or platinum just to play prestige. . I would think there are enough members here plus the members they/we know it would be a good size list.
      They'd lose a lot of members. I, for one, would be gone.
      http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHumbleGolfer View Post

They'd lose a lot of members. I, for one, would be gone.
        I know they would and I said that above. However; playing devils advocate as a platinum member i find it absolutely unacceptable that in the past 2 weeks (other then a 9 hole at KR on Tuesday at 545) i have not been able to play/book18 holes at a platinum course. From the other posts here i belive other plat members are having the same issue.

If all plat members jumped to a gold what will happen then?

In the Bag

--------
        Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I know they would and I said that above. However; playing devils advocate as a platinum member i find it absolutely unacceptable that in the past 2 weeks (other then a 9 hole at KR on Tuesday at 545) i have not been able to play/book18 holes at a platinum course. From the other posts here i belive other plat members are having the same issue.

If all plat members jumped to a gold what will happen then?
          Of course you find it unacceptable. I find it unacceptable that I can hardly find a tee-time at any time of the day for a single or twosome anywhere near the GTA. It's not as though the gold level courses are sitting empty while the platinum level courses are packed with players... ClubLink just has too many members.

I've been a ClubLink member for 16 years. I've had the chance to switch to a higher level course but chose not to because, if I play in any club events, it will be at the gold level course closest to my cottage. There have been so many deals and promotions by CL that I could have switched to higher level memberships at zero cost. Heck, I joined in the boom time, I'm pretty sure what I paid for my gold membership would get me into most platinums today.

I'm kind of rambling, but the bottom line is that I don't think ClubLink should change such an important policy. My biggest questions is: how do so many people manage to get time off during the week such that Wyndance, Board of Trade and every other course near the city don't have any open tee-times Monday to Friday?
          http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHumbleGolfer View Post
            I find it unacceptable that I can hardly find a tee-time at any time of the day for a single or twosome anywhere near the GTA.................
            It's not as though the gold level courses are sitting empty while the platinum level courses are packed with players... ClubLink just has too many members.
            No the golds are not sitting empty, but I would think that is is due to a lot of members from Bethesda jumping over to play SC, which results in golds playing the near by platinum.

I also disagree Club Link has too many members at all the courses, I strongly believe it is too many members at the gold/silver level (NP, CW, Bethesda) that are over sold. Again the reason many of us are finding an issue with tee access.

From My understanding Dback, EH, KR all have healthy numbers vs SC, NP, CW and Bethesda which are oversold. Wyndance is under membership but again they do an excellent job at protecting members times

How it is last year (didn't ask this year) at DiamondBack that 60%+ on any given day were non-home club members playing the course ???

Just as an example that golds have more times then a platinum as a 2some or single this is all I get for next week;

DiamondBack Station Creek
            Monday 701pm - Monday – times from 746 on
            Tuesday 4:38 Tuesday 10:56- onward
            Wednesday 4:16 Wednesday 8:34 onward
            Thursday - Zero Times - League Night Thursday 12:50 onward
            Friday 4pm Friday 1:57 onward
            Last edited by chrish8; Jun 18, 2018, 05:11 AM.
            In the Bag

--------
            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Im a member at NP. But i play the majority at NP. NP is also one of the nicest courses to play in CL.

I thimk the model is fine...if you have issue with times ive spoken to CL about this. Protected times are designated by the individual clubs. So its upto DB to protect more times not clublink.

with that said i play a majority at gold...mainly because i can never get a time at a plat or prestige...also golds seem to host more outside events. Sure i get recip days...but ive yet to be able to actuallu book a time at KV or Rattlesnake on a Recip day...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                Im a member at NP. But i play the majority at NP. NP is also one of the nicest courses to play in CL.

with that said i play a majority at gold...mainly because i can never get a time at a plat or prestige...also golds seem to host more outside events. Sure i get recip days...but ive yet to be able to actuallu book a time at KV or Rattlesnake on a Recip day...
                Yes I think NP is amazing as well if it were a bit closer I would have no issues transferring to join there.

On you recip days look at the calendar in advance and have your director call the director at KV/RS in advance to get you a time. It was the only way I was able to get a time at GA last year and I think DB called 2 weeks out for me.

In the Bag

--------
                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Caledon Woods,

Haven't played this in years (think it was still called Bolton the last time I played it) and would like to get out there this year. Have they changed it much and is there a driving range ?
                  In the Bag

--------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Caledon Woods,

Haven't played this in years (think it was still called Bolton the last time I played it) and would like to get out there this year. Have they changed it much and is there a driving range ?
                    Chris, no range. Decent track with a couple of wonky holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

...with a couple of wonky holes.
                      Let me guess. #15 and #16?

Comment

Caledon Woods,

You could hit range balls across the street at Glen Eagles GC, you might get lucky and bump into Sandra Post there.
                        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

Bingo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Benz View Post

I love 15 its a birdie 80% of the time...16 is sh*t I'll give you that

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Chris, no range. Decent track with a couple of wonky holes.
                              Thanks WW, in your opinion worth while going out there just for golf or save it when I have something out that way?
                              In the Bag

--------
                              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Thanks WW, in your opinion worth while going out there just for golf or save it when I have something out that way?
                                I wouldn't go out there just to play unless you happen to be out there.
                                It's an ok course but not worth a special trip. I'd rather go a little further west and play Eagle Ridge.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X